Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started

Go down 
+10
BearOnUnicycle
chewie
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
kmorg
TheGreatDuck
sheets
ultmetal
Required Fields
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:18 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
On your Grave Robber page, the record label and year for the 2nd release is free-floating and is hanging around the bottom where the review for the 1st album ends.

And you've got a bit of a conflict in wording on one of your Machine Head reviews. In your review for Supercharger you write:

"Machine Head's debut was good, if not inventive."

But later in the same review you write:

"At that point, I revisited "Burn My Eyes" and again found it to be a solid and inventive album."

Thanks. I'll fix the Grave Robber code.

I don't see the conflict. They both say the same thing, that the debut was inventive.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Depends on where you're stressing the sentence. Stress the 'not' in the first sentence, and it can read that you don't think it is. Slight stress on the 'if' and stronger on 'inventive' and you do think it is.

Just pointing out it could be taken both ways. Maybe I'm a bit TOO anal retentive... Laughing

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Ult, since you own a copy of ZZ Top's One Foot In The Blues compilation, and I found it for pretty cheap, I was wondering, is it worth getting? I mean, I already know the music is good, however, are there any songs on that comp that aren't on regular albums (or at least different versions of songs already present on the studio albums).
I know their back catalogue was remixed and partially rerecorded at one point, are those versions on the 1990 editions I have?

Anyway, what do you think of Blue Cheer? A great but unfortunately underrated early hard rock band, their debut is a must-have.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:17 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Ult, since you own a copy of ZZ Top's One Foot In The Blues compilation, and I found it for pretty cheap, I was wondering, is it worth getting? I mean, I already know the music is good, however, are there any songs on that comp that aren't on regular albums (or at least different versions of songs already present on the studio albums).
I know their back catalogue was remixed and partially rerecorded at one point, are those versions on the 1990 editions I have?

Anyway, what do you think of Blue Cheer? A great but unfortunately underrated early hard rock band, their debut is a must-have.

As I recall the One Foot In the Blues compilation are the same mixes/mastering as on the CD versions with the newer drum sound. I'd have to play it again to really be positive though. Haven't heard that one for a while. It is a great listen though.

Yes, I like Blue Cheer. I have none on CD though.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:39 am

Ult, are there any bands you're getting a lot of stuff from these days? Like Journey and Nazareth a while ago?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Ult, are there any bands you're getting a lot of stuff from these days? Like Journey and Nazareth a while ago?

Trying to build up the Pat Travers collection right now.

Other than that, no.

There's still some more Naz I need to get.

Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 am

I'd like to read your review on the latest tokyo blade album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 am

Speedmetalfreak wrote:
I'd like to read your review on the latest tokyo blade album.

I'd like to get the latest Tokyo Blade. I've really been digging their back catalog over the past few months.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:19 am

Ult, I already asked this in the last thread, but you seem to have not seen it, so I'll ask again:
On the John Norum page, you wrote he toured with Whitesnake in 2003. I haven't found anything about this anywhere else, only Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich are mentioned.

Also, I think you should remove the "anything labeled ALTERNATIVE, SUCKS! " part from your homepage. I mean, you do like King's X, Saigon Kick, Living Colour, Sevendust, Coheed and Cambria, Galactic Cowboys, Sevendust and Disturbed, as well as some of the more modern/alternative albums by older bands (such as Warrant and TNT) , so you're kinda contradicting yourself there. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:34 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Ult, I already asked this in the last thread, but you seem to have not seen it, so I'll ask again:
On the John Norum page, you wrote he toured with Whitesnake in 2003. I haven't found anything about this anywhere else, only Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich are mentioned.

Also, I think you should remove the "anything labeled ALTERNATIVE, SUCKS! " part from your homepage. I mean, you do like King's X, Saigon Kick, Living Colour, Sevendust, Coheed and Cambria, Galactic Cowboys, Sevendust and Disturbed, as well as some of the more modern/alternative albums by older bands (such as Warrant and TNT) , so you're kinda contradicting yourself there. Just sayin'.

Can you post the link to the page that states, "anything labeled ALTERNATIVE, SUCKS! " I can't find it.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Here it is:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/nolifetilmetal.htm
I think it's only linked on one page, can't remember which.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:48 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Here it is:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/nolifetilmetal.htm
I think it's only linked on one page, can't remember which.

Oh wow! That page is OLD. Didn't even realize it was still there. I'll just remove it. Thanks.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Speaking of alternative, are there any other bands that are labeled as such that you like?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:22 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Speaking of alternative, are there any other bands that are labeled as such that you like?

I don't know. Of course, I wouldn't call Galactic Cowboys, Kings X, etc. alternative.

But I did remember another new wave artist I like(d), Gary Numan.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Well, it seems a lot of people tend to think alternative is a made-up genre, like hair metal or grunge.
Unfortunately, there's been tons of garbage that's labeled as alternative that's been mainstream for the last 15 years or so...Made me hate a genre at first, so I avoided some great bands, such as Alice In Chains,FNM or Screaming Trees, until recently... Still have to explore the "genre", though...
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:17 am

Hey Scott, it would pretty cool for you to get the pre Cowboys From hell Pantera albums (Power metal, I Am The Night, Projects of the Jungle and Metal Magic) and I'd be interested in what you say about them.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:31 am

Te only thing is, they tend to be pretty rare and expensive these days, and I recall him talking about them as a weak glammy power metal band ( but then, he does like some much weaker bands like PBF or Tuff).

BTW, ult, you forgot to delete the link to the old page from your wants page and the Hall of Shame.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Would love to get those old Pantera CDs. Haven't heard them in over a decade, so I can't even tell you what I think of them anymore. A comment like "weak glammy power metal" sounds like something I might have said back in the mid-1990's, but I have since grown to enjoy a lot of stuff I didn't care for then.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 pm

The boots that I've heard from that period are a little hit and miss. Some gems in there for sure, and musically, they all sound pretty decent. But then there's some ultra cheesy lyrics that haven't aged well at all.

Still, I would love to see them officially released. I'd buy them. Release all 4 in a box set with a dvd of old footage from their glam days. Something like that would be cool.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Ult, have you heard any Tank? A great NWOBHM band, they released a box set with all of their albums recorded up to 2002 in 2007, so that's probably the best place to start.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Ult, have you heard any Tank? A great NWOBHM band, they released a box set with all of their albums recorded up to 2002 in 2007, so that's probably the best place to start.

Sure. I have some TANK on vinyl. Just don't have any on CD as of yet.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Do you have any Airbourne or Buckcherry? Both bands are the kind of straight up rock n roll you mention that you love (even if Airbourne get tagged with the AC/DC clone label). Speaking of straight up hard rock, how about Bad Company?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What cover is that on your BLS cd? Mine doesn't look like that. Was their alternate versions released? Mine looks like this...

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 51zB6rD-GFL._SL500_AA300_
The album was released wtih 4 different covers according to regions North America, Europe, Australia, South America and Asia. I haven't seend any other covers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2