Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medieval Steel

Go down 
+9
metalken
80s Metal Lady
Witchfinder
speed101
Wargod
sheets
Stender
BearOnUnicycle
tul
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 pm

I heard this band for the first time today! headbanger headbanger
They will play at KIT 2013.

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Now thats a kvlt band. Nice epic metal they are.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I can't remember if I made a thread about this or not before, but yeah dude! Killer underated band. I believe a nice boxset was released of them awhile back, or atleast some kind of remaster.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Sounds pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes they are epic metal.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Very good band.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: re   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Amazing band!  This track is epic:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:03 pm

I "discovered" this band on Spotify a while back.

My favorite track is "Ghost From the Battlefield."  When looking them up, I was disappointed that this song appears to be a later track by them, not vintage '80s which I prefer.

My favorite from their 1984 release is "Warlords" I also like "Eyes Of Fire" and "To Kill A King" which were on a 1989 Demo (in demo form).
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:37 am

I picked up a copy of their new full length "Dark Castle" a few weeks back and have been really getting into it. I think the band has done themselves proud with this release. Top notch songwriting with catchy riffs and strong melody lines. Worth checking out as they have kept their core sound and have put out a varied 11 track release.
Lyrics are included in the booklet, but other than a rundown of the band and their instruments, there are no credits what so ever. No info on studio, producer, no thank yous, not even an acknowledgement as to who did the cover art. Wierd.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:55 am

Cover art was done by the Finnish banger Velio Josto. I ordered a plain black vax, but received some sort of "limited die-hard" butt-ugly splatter instead, yuck! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:05 pm

There's a band from Nashville or Memphis,TN called Medieval Steel. Is this the same band?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:26 pm

nevermore wrote:
There's a band from Nashville or Memphis,TN called Medieval Steel. Is this the same band?

Same band.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:02 am

Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Same band.

A friend of mine caught them live recently. I should have told her to pick me up a cd.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Same band.

A friend of mine caught them live recently. I should have told her to pick me up a cd.

Cool! I'd like to see them live, but I doubt they'll ever come around here.

They have a nice anthology out called The Anthology of Steel. It's got their EP on it and several other tracks.
Back to top Go down
TheUnborn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 15

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:59 am

Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Same band.

Cool!  I'd like to see them live, but I doubt they'll ever come around here.

They have a nice anthology out called The Anthology of Steel.  It's got their EP on it and several other tracks.  

Yeah, that anthology is definitely worth picking up for those who haven't. Great band. Good to see they're getting some recognition of late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbornProductions.com/
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:40 am

I used to worship them, but I can't listen to them anymore for reasons outside of music(well, I didn't also like 2 recent gigs of them). I always favoured their "radio friendly" tunes to the epic ones (just a little bit more masterful than the epic masterpieces).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Medieval Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Steel   Medieval Steel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medieval Steel
Page 1 of 1