Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mayhemfest 2012

Go down 
+9
MetalGuy71
James B.
Fat Freddy
manny
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
CRIMSONMASK
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:33 pm

They just announced the lineup for this year. Aside from the usual run of Hot Topic bands to jerk the curtain Anthrax will be headlining the second stage. Slipknot will be headlining the main stage Sleep with SLAYER!! headbanger preceeding them and word around the campfire is Motorhead cool will be there as well. Marked improvement from last year. Atlanta July 14, I'm there.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Slayer & Anthrax? MAN I hope they add an NC date later on in the tour...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:43 pm

I may have to see this just to catch ANTHRAX. Never got a chance to see them.
Back to top Go down

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:45 pm

I think this is just a single date festival, not a "tour".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I was fortunate enough to catch Anthrax live twice on the Spreading the Disease tour. Both were at clubs, The City Gardens in NJ and L'amour in NY. I can't remember for sure, but I swear that White Lion opened for them in NY, while Heathens Rage opened for them in NJ.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:58 pm

2012 Mayhem Festival Tour Dates:
6/30 – San Bernardino, CA
7/1 – San Francisco, CA
7/3 – Seattle, WA
7/6 – Phoenix, AZ
7/7 – Albuquerque, NM
7/8 – Denver, CO
7/10 – Dallas, TX
7/11 – Houston, TX
7/13 – Tampa, FL
7/14 – Atlanta, GA
7/15 – Indianapolis, IN
7/18 – Oklahoma City, OK
7/20 – St. Louis, MO
7/21 – Chicago, IL
7/22 – Detroit, MI
7/24 – Cincinnati, OH
7/25 – Cleveland, OH
7/27 – Philadelphia, PA
7/28 – Pittsburgh, PA
7/29 – Washington, DC
7/31 – Saratoga, NY
8/1 – Buffalo, NY
8/3 – Boston, MA
8/4 – Scranton, PA
8/5 – Hartford, CT

http://loudwire.com/rockstar-mayhem-fest-2012-slipknot-slayer-anthrax/
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think this is just a single date festival, not a "tour".

It's a tour...my son and I have gone the last 2 summers.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:38 pm

It's a tour...my son and I have gone the last 2 summers.[/quote]

My friend has a 13-yr old son that has been getting an education in Metal from me. This wil be the third time he's seen Anthrax. I gave him my battle jacket awhile back & he wears it to school.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

My friend has a 13-yr old son that has been getting an education in Metal from me. This wil be the third time he's seen Anthrax. I gave him my battle jacket awhile back & he wears it to school.

Awesome! My son will be 19 by the time a NC date is added...this will be the 3rd Mayhem Fest we've been to. Together we've seen Megadeth, Iced Earth, Kiss, Into Eternity, Testament, Slipknot & tons of others...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Awesome! My son will be 19 by the time a NC date is added...this will be the 3rd Mayhem Fest we've been to. Together we've seen Megadeth, Iced Earth, Kiss, Into Eternity, Testament, Slipknot & tons of others...

I have only taken my son to one concert, Whitesnake, waaaaaaaaaaay back, he is not a major fan but he did enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I have only taken my son to one concert, Whitesnake, waaaaaaaaaaay back, he is not a major fan but he did enjoy it.

I love taking my son to shows...it makes me glad that he came along while I was still young...haha! Most of the people I know who are my age have kids in grade school...there's no way to take a 10 year old to a club to see Testament! Ha!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
there's no way to take a 10 year old to a club to see Testament! Ha!

Not true. Years ago I saw Testament @ a club in Long Island NY (it was the "LOW" tour so it must've been '94 or early '95) and the guy standing in front of my brother and I the entire night had a kid with him who couldn't have been more than 10. The kid had a mullet (think "Joe Dirt" as a kid) and was wearing a Death Angel ULTRA-VIOLENCE t-shirt that was about eight sizes too big for him. It was hilarious. When Testament came on his Dad put him up on his shoulders and that kid was rockin' out harder than anybody in the place!! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:04 pm

I took my oldest to an Allman Brothers Band concert in 98'. It was for her high school graduation present. The people next to us thought we were a couple. At the end of the first set, I gave her a couple of Jacksons to get a shirt. She hugged and said, "thanks daddy" before running off. The looks on their faces was comical. I just smiled and said "amazing what happens when you're a musician in high school"

None of my offspring dig metal, I have taken ALL of them to Tesla shows when they were younger when they first reunited in like 2000 or so ? So I think it's kewl that Shawn goes to proper shows with his son.

Since nobody ever comes to play in Montana, probably not gonna see this tour.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:11 pm

James B. wrote:
I took my oldest to an Allman Brothers Band concert in 98'. It was for her high school graduation present. The people next to us thought we were a couple. At the end of the first set, I gave her a couple of Jacksons to get a shirt. She hugged and said, "thanks daddy" before running off. The looks on their faces was comical. I just smiled and said "amazing what happens when you're a musician in high school"

None of my offspring dig metal, I have taken ALL of them to Tesla shows when they were younger when they first reunited in like 2000 or so ? So I think it's kewl that Shawn goes to proper shows with his son.

My two oldest do not care for metal that much, as my son (my oldest who is 20) loves Pink Floyd, The Doors, and lot of 90's bands such as Red Hot Chili Peppers, but does not care for metal, outside of classic AC/DC.

Still have hope, my youngest son is 1 1/2 so maybe he will be the resident headbanger.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:20 pm

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:

My two oldest do not care for metal that much, as my son (my oldest who is 20) loves Pink Floyd, The Doors, and lot of 90's bands such as Red Hot Chili Peppers, but does not care for metal, outside of classic AC/DC.

Still have hope, my youngest son is 1 1/2 so maybe he will be the resident headbanger.

right on !

I have seen some kewl toddler shirts on Ebay for like Rock n Roll Over and Kill em All.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:32 pm

James B. wrote:
[
right on !

I have seen some kewl toddler shirts on Ebay for like Rock n Roll Over and Kill em All.

My daughter had a Slayer & AC/DC onesey. The wife loved that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:11 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
James B. wrote:
[
right on !

My daughter had a Slayer & AC/DC onesey. The wife loved that.

We had a Motorhead one and a GnR classic circle logo for my twins. They were gifts from my brother.

https://tinmanmerchandising.com/content/index.php/metalbabies

I haven't pulled the trigger on any merch here yet, but I've certainly thought about it enough.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 pm

When my now-9-year-old was born, a friend of mine sent us a baby sized Motorhead t-shirt for him. I have a picture somewhere of him wearing it.

When it came time to dig out the old baby clothes for Kid #2 four and a half years later, that Motorhead shirt was nowhere to be found. I have a feeling that my wife made it "disappear" sometime in the interim.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
When my now-9-year-old was born, a friend of mine sent us a baby sized Motorhead t-shirt for him. I have a picture somewhere of him wearing it.

When it came time to dig out the old baby clothes for Kid #2 four and a half years later, that Motorhead shirt was nowhere to be found. I have a feeling that my wife made it "disappear" sometime in the interim.

figures

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:53 am

Quote :
I love taking my son to shows...it makes me glad that he came along while I was still young...haha! Most of the people I know who are my age have kids in grade school...there's no way to take a 10 year old to a club to see Testament! Ha!

My son's just going on 4. I'm afraid that by the time he's "concert age", everyone I'll want to see will be dead.

Quote :
I have a feeling that my wife made it "disappear" sometime in the interim.

I made sure to stash the Motorhead and GnR onsies away so the same thing didn't happen.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:58 am

What a smurf poo bill. A bunch of false core bands to open, groove to start the mainstage and a nu metal band headlining. Oh and they threw an actual metal band between them so they could still bill it as a "metal festival".

How unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 am

Slipknot is not "nu metal"...

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:39 am

This is why "genre's" suck.... I remember seeing bands onstage that were bad @$$ and not really diggin on what they put out on record. Festivals ARE supposed to have varied acts. Part of the fun besides having something different, something new, is having something to throw stuff at Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:07 am

Heck yeah I'll be the at Atlanta date also. I didn't make last year due to my sister having her wedding on that day (not a big deal, didn't like most of the bands there). This year looks to be sick!

A lot of people are upset about Slipknot headlining. I used to like them long ago, but never listen to them any more. I went to Mayhem Fest in '08 and unexpectedly was blown away by how awesome Slipknot were live. I don't know if they deserve it over Slayer, but definitely worth seeing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:24 pm

James B. wrote:
This is why "genre's" suck....

YES!!! THANK GOODNESS SOMEBODY ELSE REALIZES THIS!!!!

At least there are a couple non-sheep in this place.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mayhemfest 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhemfest 2012   Mayhemfest 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayhemfest 2012
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next