Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Empty
PostSubject: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 am

I recently bought a brand new copy of Penetralia (Metal Mind Reissue). All well until it reaches towards the end of track 10 and I can hear some very faint skips at around 5:43 and also around 6:00 - 6:05.

The skips are only slightly noticeable when listening on headphones - I cannot hear any skips on the big speakers. Also the music doesn't really skip, it just sounds more like a very very slight woosh or pinch but it doesn't affect the music itself.

I am trying to figure out whether this is due to a faulty CD or the remastering job done for this album. I have no point of comparison except stuff I heard on youtube but that is never a good indicator - the quality is already bad and I cannot tell which version it is I am listening to.

The only thing I can figure out is that I had some trouble getting the CD out of its digipack, however I did not scratch it or anything.

Otherwise, this is also a rather early Metal Mind Production re-issue from 2006 when they started doing these. I am not sure whether it is just faulty compression, or just poorly copied or what...

Yes I know my OCD seems ever more heightened when I start noticing these things.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 am

Metal Mind reissues are infamous for their f*ckups. My copies of Atrophy's SOCIALIZED HATE and VIOLENT BY NATURE each have a "blank" track as track 1 so the album doesn't actually start to play till track 2. The "blank" track is actually the bonus video if you play it in your computer, but my CD player doesn't recognize it as such.

When I got their Sadus' SWALLOWED IN BLACK and VISION OF MISERY reissues, the SWALLOWED...CD had the VISION album on it, and vice versa. No kiddin'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:25 pm

You are right on that because I have the same issue with the Atrophy albums.

I had a closer look at the Penetralia Cd and even though it came sealed and all, it looks really worn out and abused. It doesn't look like a brand new, never played CD. I dunno what metal mind are up to , it may have been damaged during the priting process.

I decided to get another copy. Importcds where I got it from will refund me but I need to send it back, which may end up being a total hassle.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:50 am

Hey Alex, I have the same reissue. I tried to replicate the issue and didn't have any problems. It's probably just the disc. I also have those Atrophy and Sadus reissues and don't have those problems you guys have mentioned.

I guess I'm just special! Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:06 pm

you kinda take your chances with metal mind. Sometimes they are good and sometimes not so much..

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I've had no issues with my Metal Mind copies but I should add that I do not own any of the copies mentioned in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Yup. I have a bunch of Metal Mind reissues and a bunch of them have issues. Skips, incorrect tracklistings, etc.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:06 am

If anyone wants this CD please let me know.

As I mentioned the title track, skips just ever slight towards the end of the song. It doesn't affect the music but as a fan of Hypocrisy I want to have everything sounding properly.

Again, I am not sure whether this is due to the CD being the way it is (i.e. a manufacturing issue by Metal Mind).

In any case, I'm willing to part ways with it for a nominal fee (which will include / cover the transport fee).

Please feel free to msg me if you are interested.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)   Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy - Penetralia (Metal Mind Productions)
Page 1 of 1