Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Therapy?

Go down 
+3
GrandNational
jstate
Eyesore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 am

Hell yeah! One of very top all-time favorite bands has a new album coming out. A Brief Crack of Light, the new album by Therapy?, comes out on February 6, and I'm super stoked!

Check out the first video:

Once again the band reinvents itself a bit. Great tune!

Last edited by Eyesore on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Troublegum is such an unheralded classic. When it came out I used to have a college radio show and would play it to death. Only stuff I ever got people calling in to request.

Good to see they're still going strong.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:09 pm

I guess i never got this band, or that their styles changed so often, I never cared. That wasn't a bad tune.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:29 pm

GrandNational wrote:
I guess i never got this band, or that their styles changed so often, I never cared. That wasn't a bad tune.
Their style did change from album to album, but never so drastically as to turn off the listener. They always sounded like Therapy?, you know; they just changed it up slightly each album. Some albums are a bit more punk; some a bit more metal; some a bit darker, more experimental; but they always maintained their core sound.

And Troublegum is their classic. It came out at the perfect time in the 90s, on a major label, and it was a fantastic album. So that's the one most people—you know, those people that need the mainstream to tell them what's good and what isn't—say they like. Which is too bad because the band has so many brilliant albums.

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:35 pm

A while back I found a bunch of their later stuff in a dollar bin. Bought them all but haven't ever gotten around to playing them. Those dollar buys always get stacked and forgotten unfortunately. Should make a point of breaking them out.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:51 pm

New track sounds great. Already have my tickets to see them in April. Therapy? are a seriously underrated band, I was actually cranking Troubelgum just this morning.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 2:26 pm

New Therapy? out soon! Supposedly it's the most similar album to Troublegum they've done. I thought High Anxiety was pretty similar (and great) myself, so we'll see. The song below, while very good, doesn't really remind me of Troublegum. Anyway...

Quote :
Disquiet is finally coming! Due March 23rd on the Amazing Record Co. the album was produced by Tom Dalgety (Royal Blood, Killing Joke, Turbowolf) and features cover art from long time collaborator Nigel Rolfe.

The label are in the process of putting a cd/vinyl pre-order together which would give you(on pre-ordering) an immediate download of two album tracks PLUS a non-album bonus song (exclusive to the pre-order). As soon as its available we will let you all know.

Full track listing as follows…

Still Hurts
Tides
Good News Is No News
Fall Behind
Idiot Cousin
Helpless Still Lost
Insecurity
Vulgar Display Of Powder
Words Fail Me
Torment Sorrow Misery Strife
Deathstimate

Therapy? DISQUIET_cover_sm

And a new tune:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 5:13 am

New video:

I really love that they've kind of returned to their roots. I love the last few albums, but they were much less focused on hooks and such, a bit more experimental.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:02 am

I checked out some of their stuff on YouTube, but it didn't do anything for me. Some ok tunes here and there, but nothing that jumped out at me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:18 am

I wish Fatal/Therapy? would do an album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

I wish that Fatal album would be released! It was recorded, but never released. Only a single featuring "Pass The Kronz" and "Timber" was ever officially released. =(
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I wish that Fatal album would be released! It was recorded, but never released. Only a single featuring "Pass The Kronz" and "Timber" was ever officially released. =(

I've never actually heard anything by Fatal outside of that collaboration track. When the JN soundtrack first came out, Fatal and Therapy? were the only two artists involved that I had absolutely zero prior knowledge of, so I wasn't even sure who was the rap artist and was the metal/rock/alternative out of the two names.

I had no idea Fatal never had an album. It's weird a lot of the rap/hip hop stuff that got shelved in the early 90s. I'm gonna look into those 2 tracks though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 5:02 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I've never actually heard anything by Fatal outside of that collaboration track. When the JN soundtrack first came out, Fatal and Therapy? were the only two artists involved that I had absolutely zero prior knowledge of, so I wasn't even sure who was the rap artist and was the metal/rock/alternative out of the two names.

I had no idea Fatal never had an album. It's weird a lot of the rap/hip hop stuff that got shelved in the early 90s. I'm gonna look into those 2 tracks though.

Yeah, a lot of groups associated with the Soul Assassins collective recorded albums in the 90s that were later shelved by Sony. Really unfortunate.

Classic early 90s hip hop.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 am

New Therapy? track!

These guys are still kicking ass!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New Therapy? track!

These guys are still kicking ass!

This song didn't move me too much. But the Hats Off To The Insane ep and Troublegum ruled!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Therapy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Therapy?   Therapy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Therapy?
Page 1 of 1