Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal album reviewers on youtube

Go down 
+12
jstate
kmorg
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
metalhead777
exact33
adrian
nevermore
Andy
Alex Dee Rokket
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Metal album reviewers on youtube Empty
PostSubject: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Do you follow any channels on youtube that review metal albums?

There are a few I follow like runnerjma, iamtheinfidel, coverkillernation and a few others.

I think they are all doing a pretty good job but my main gripe is that most I've come across tend to only cover extreme metal. I love extreme metal but I'm not the typical metalhead I guess, I like a lot of different genres and I'm never one to just settle just for thrash or death or black metal. I like almost everything metal related (except grind / grindcore and the like).
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Do you follow any channels on youtube that review metal albums?

There are a few I follow like runnerjma, iamtheinfidel, coverkillernation and a few others.

I think they are all doing a pretty good job but my main gripe is that most I've come across tend to only cover extreme metal. I love extreme metal but I'm not the typical metalhead I guess, I like a lot of different genres and I'm never one to just settle just for thrash or death or black metal. I like almost everything metal related (except grind / grindcore and the like).

I don't follow anyone on youtube - but I do read Blabbermouth frequently, and my favorite metal album review site - Angry Metal Guy. I really dig the guys at AMG because they're quite humorous but also brutally honest and cover all styles of metal, including power metal, which is important to me because I like cheesy power stuff and it's often ignored in some parts of the metal community.

I'm a lot like you in my metal tastes - across the board except for grindy stuff and of course anything ending in -core. I jam to everything from The Who to Watain!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Can't say that I do.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:11 pm

I don't find them very appealing, I'd just rather read the review
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

I dont either. Not a big youtube fan.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:53 pm

This guy knows his stuff. His taste is a fair bit broader than most people here as well but he reviews everything from Black Sabbath,to Opeth.
https://www.youtube.com/user/coverkillernation?feature=chclk
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 pm

I don't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 am

metalhead777 wrote:
This guy knows his stuff. His taste is a fair bit broader than most people here as well but he reviews everything from Black Sabbath,to Opeth.

to be honest i this board covers a broad range of music.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:43 am

Nope, I saw a couple of turds reviewing Alice Cooper's discography and they blew chunks, there is one cute girl who is doing a review of Alice's discography and she is not only easy on the eyes but she knows her stuff.

But most of those reviewers are horrid on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:06 pm

I prefer to read print/web reviews rather than watch/listen to some dude yap about it on a screen. I mean, c'mon, let's face it, we metalheads tend to be an ugly bunch. Very Happy

...then again, that hasnt' stopped Eddie Trunk, so there's hope for all of us, I suppose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

to be honest i this board covers a broad range of music.
Yes but a good amount of members here detest anything black metal or "whatever"core related, and Groove metal to a less extent. when I say this guy reviews pretty much everything, I mean pretty much EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:20 pm

I was subscribed to a few, but I have a short attention span and it's hard to sit down and watch 10+ minute reviews of albums.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Meh, I hardly even read my own reviews! Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:36 pm

The few I've seen haven't been bad. I like the ones that do the box sets and picture disc reviews since they have things they can show. It's nice to find actual reviews of things and not just links to downloads. I'm in total support of youtube reviewers. Of course, I would much prefer to read them than watch.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I'll watch a few occasionally, but I don't follow any in particular. I think it's a cool idea and I've seen a few entertaining ones now and again, but most of the ones I've seen for metal albums are kinda amateurish and I can generally get the information quicker from a print review.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:55 pm

I actually sent an album to a guy on YouTube last year and he reviewed the album:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Dom Lawson's Iron Sandwich reviews on the MetalHammerTV channel. That's it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 am

That dude has issues! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal album reviewers on youtube   Metal album reviewers on youtube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal album reviewers on youtube
Page 1 of 1