Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Show some [metal] love!

Go down 
+3
metalinmyveins
mc666
Andy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

Show some [metal] love! Empty
PostSubject: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Hey guys. I discovered this gem of a forum community sometime in October and joined immediately after. Everyone here is pretty gracious and almost as obsessed with heavy metal music and culture as much as I am. That being said, I'm going to reach out for some help from my brothers (and sisters) in metal. It's a tight-knit community, and although I don't know any of you personally, I know that if we met at a show, friendship would be instantaneous because the power of music (and beer!) is that strong.

To make a long story short, my girlfriend Evelyn is an Electronic Media and Film major at Towson University in Maryland. We're both locals and go to the same school. She specializes in photo-journalism, but also does film directing on the side, specifically music videos. In an attempt to build her portfolio, she's taking on any and all willing clients. Her most recent project was for Nick Caroselli, a student musician who also goes to Towson. He's trying to sell himself on his brand of indie acoustic pop-rock. His genre and style is basically the Kryptonite to all things heavy metal, but he's a nice enough guy and his contract for this video can potentially put some money in our pockets and is a significant milestone in Ev's portfolio. The better material she has to show other clients and the better received it is, the better the chance local bands around Baltimore (a hot bed for post-grunge hard rock) will contract her to produce their video. As a sidenote, she's incredibly supportive of my taste in music, although she doesn't venture too far into the genre. If it's going to be hard, she mainly sticks with Guns 'N Roses or AC/DC. Can't complain there. I am working on getting her to see Iron Maiden with me if they come back next year. That would certainly change her mind!

I don't want to come off like I'm just shamelessly promoting some indie music video. I absolutely hate the song (come on, I'm sporting an Angel Witch avatar!!), but it's not about the music in this case, it's the video production and direction. Ev spent a shitload of time and effort to make this video awesome and if you guys could give it 60 seconds of your time and a click on the like button, I would be eternally grateful to you and you can jump right back into your playlist knowing you helped a fellow metalhead out.

Thanks a lot everyone, I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:00 pm

the video was very well done. pretty much what you'd expect for music of that sort. the song wasn't all that bad either. can't say the same for the guys hairstyle though.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:12 pm

mc666 wrote:
the video was very well done. pretty much what you'd expect for music of that sort. the song wasn't all that bad either. can't say the same for the guys hairstyle though.

I agree, the video was well done. The song wasn't the worst thing in the world, but the guys look doesn't go with the song at all. He's got a straight laced image with the clothes and hair, yet he has a nose ring that looks like it's the size of a hula hoop. His hair is a horror story also. His ilk will keep places like Supercuts open for generations. He has one of those classic butt cuts that's pervasive in high schools down south right now. He's got talent, but he needs a makeover like there's no tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Not my kind of music, and I'll agree the guy's image is a little puzzling. But it was a very nicely shot and tastefully done video. Best of luck to your girlfriend, man. Cool
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Wow I was expecting an all out text-based lashing! We appreciate the kind words. I'm glad the song didn't murder your ears.

Metal fans are tasteful and I'm glad you guys appreciate the video itself. If you have kids/cousins/siblings, etc. that are into this kind of stuff, pass it along!

Thanks again for the honest responses - keep the feedback coming!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Talented guy and your girlfriend did a great job with the video, the one thing she cannot do unfortunately for Nick Caroselli, is give this guy charisma but like said nice job.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Very well done video - legit liked it. Liked the song (though I thought it was a little much with the chorus - but that's probably what sells).

I went to Towson graduate school for film. I really liked my time there. I hope Barry Moore is still around. Really cool guy. I used to do music videos for my projects. Actually shot them on 16mm and used the old moviola to edit. They were just starting to go to digital editing when I was there. Though it was easier on the computer I always loved using the old equipment.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:37 pm

For what it's worth, I'm always swapping and posting tunes in my blog or on Facebook as it is anyway, so I shared the video. A female friend of mine and my girlfriend both seemed to enjoy it at least, so hopefully that counts as something.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:54 am

Well, the song blew donkey and the singer's a choad, but the video itself was very well done. Very professional looking. I do graphics and a little editing myself in the AV department for a sports arena and I've seen much worse go out for broadcast. Tell your gal she's on the right track.

PostSubject: Re: Show some [metal] love!   Show some [metal] love! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show some [metal] love!
Page 1 of 1