Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Exxplorer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

New Exxplorer Empty
PostSubject: New Exxplorer   New Exxplorer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:10 am

New Exxplorer Exxplo_veng%7C230%7C230

So has anyone on here heard this one yet? Just ended getting this last week, and it has really blown me away. These guys have returned with an absolute monster of a release. I remember having a second generation tape of their mid eighties opus, Symphonies of Steel; and I truly believe the material on this one is just as strong as they had back then. This has easily made it in my top ten releases of 2011, and has surpassed the latest Twisted Tower Dire and Saxon affraid as the best traditional metal album of the year.

This has become a case of actually playing it through a couple of times before it resonated with me. First listen (on youtube), I did not mind what I heard. Liked it enough to give it an honest try and got myself a copy. Since then each spin sucks me in even more. These guys have a perfect blend of 70's/80's sound without sounding dated or purely nostalgic.

Since getting it early last week, I cannot seem to get it out of my daily playlist. They have not lost that NY/NJ rock sound (ala early Riot, the Rods) that was evident in their Symphonies... release. The songs are strong and the playing is solid. Well worth checking out. The band is selling it through their website @ www.exxplorer.net . I picked up the European release rather than the American one (two different tracks).

Just wondering if anyone else had an opinion?

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

New Exxplorer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Exxplorer   New Exxplorer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 am

Saw this some time ago and wasn't sure if I need it or not. Can't say their landmark album "SoS" blew me away, and "A Recipe Of Power" was meh. But listening to the new one at youtube now - sounds good, even great at times. Impossible to resist 80's USPM sound \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down

New Exxplorer
Page 1 of 1