Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore

Go down 
+18
ultmetal
Lari
Andy
exact33
Joe
thejokeriv
Mglaffas81
Spiner202
manny
Troublezone
BearOnUnicycle
Eyesore
Wargod
metalhead777
Fat Freddy
adrian
Temple of Blood
EmoElmo
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Empty
PostSubject: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Okay, So most Rip-Off Bands out there are Bad Carbon Copies of their idols but I certainly love some of the few who give justice to their chosen sound albeit being completely Un-original, here are some of my faves

Primal Fear - Judas Priest Worshippers

Cage - More like the solo 'Halford' sound with a tinge of Iced Earth

Delirious - Clearly these guys are into Chuck Billy & Testament

Korzus - Arise/Beneath d Remains-era Sepultura

and.......PANTERA! lol!

What about you? Very Happy

[img][/img]

Last edited by EmoElmo on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:43 pm

PRIMAL FEAR doesn't sound as much like JUDAS PRIEST as people claim.

I'll go with EXIVIOUS/CYNIC.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Ultimatum - Definitely Exodus ripoffs

JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Depending on how you perceive it, it's not always the case but everytime I crank up their earlier albums I always Imagine a 'Painkiller' Incarnation
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 pm

X-Sinner - AC/DC clones (esp. on their first album, GET IT)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Mirror of Dead Faces. A name so idiotic I fail to see how it was even conceived, but its some top notch worship of The Black Dahlia Murder.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:12 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Depending on how you perceive it, it's not always the case but everytime I crank up their earlier albums I always Imagine a 'Painkiller' Incarnation

If they really were a clone of that I would like them more. They have a lot of flower metal on those albums as well.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:13 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Okay, So most Rip-Off Bands out there are Bad Carbon Copies of their idols but I certainly love some of the few who give justice to their chosen sound albeit being completely Un-original, here are some of my faves

Primal Fear - Judas Priest Worshippers

Cage - More like the solo 'Halford' sound with a tinge of Iced Earth

Delirious - Clearly these guys are into Chuck Billy & Testament

Korzus - Arise/Beneath d Remains-era Sepultura

and.......PANTERA! lol!

What about you? Very Happy

[img][/img]

Early in PF early years they were JP classified but no more they have their own sound.

Korzus actually were one the first thrash bands from South America from the mid 80's.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:19 am

Primal Fear sound nothing like Judas Priest. Scheepers surely sounds like Halford at times, but that doesn't make the band sound like Priest.

Cage was around before Halford put out Resurrection. And they sound nothing like Fight. Not that they sound like Halford's other stuff.

And Pantera did not rip-off Exhorder. It's nonsense, as it's always been.

That said...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

Witchfinder General (Sabbath)

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 am

Phil Anselmo did rip off Kyle Thomas' vocal and lyrical style. And did it better frankly, with a more talented backing band.

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:44 am

Pretty much every AC\DC clone band (and AC\DC themselves Razz ) like Bullet. Animal - basically it's WASP, and Astral Doors, if they fell into that category (not exactly Dio rip-off for me).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:44 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Phil Anselmo did rip off Kyle Thomas' vocal and lyrical style. And did it better frankly, with a more talented backing band.
There is, at times, a similarity there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:47 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Pretty much every AC\DC clone band (and AC\DC themselves Razz ) like Bullet. Animal - basically it's WASP, and Astral Doors, if they fell into that category (not exactly Dio rip-off for me).
Listen to the video I posted about. They make bands like Rhino Bucket and Airbourne sound original.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:07 am

Eyesore wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Listen to the video I posted about. They make bands like Rhino Bucket and Airbourne sound original.
Laughing
Agreed. But that was the best I could come up with Very Happy. Personally I hear a lot of Accept too in Bullet's music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:04 am

Temple of Blood remind me of Agent Steel. And Ultimatum are like Steve Souza era Exodus.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:06 am

The first Living Sacrifice album is a total Slayer rip-off. (minus the vocals)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:10 am

Rhino Bucket of course, but man the band '77 is like they are channeling the original Bon Scott AC/DC line up, rip off of AC/DC? Hell ya but an enjoyable one.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:50 am

Everyone should give a listen to Insane - Wait and Pray. It is the best copy of Slayer's Show No Mercy I've ever heard. Everything from the sound to the imagery is done perfectly! It doesn't quite beat the original, but I listen to it often.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
Primal Fear sound nothing like Judas Priest. Scheepers surely sounds like Halford at times, but that doesn't make the band sound like Priest.

I completley agree - I never got how people for some reason think that Halford invented the metal scream - it's stupid. While Primal Fear are probably very influenced by Judas Priest (who isn't?), they sound nothing alike.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 am

Hmmm.......

Deliverance's first album had a lot of Megadeth worship going on, Barren Cross (that one is OBVIOUS!), Sacred Warrior's Queensryche worship (listen to Wicked Generation the Operation:Mindcrime!)

And agree with FF on X-Sinner!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 am

Aside from the obvious Halford comparisons on the vocals, Primal Fear always sounded more like Accept musically to me.

Seven Witches (esp. when they had Wade Black and James Rivera on vox) seemed like they were trying harder to be Judas Priest Junior.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Everyone should give a listen to Insane - Wait and Pray. It is the best copy of Slayer's Show No Mercy I've ever heard. Everything from the sound to the imagery is done perfectly! It doesn't quite beat the original, but I listen to it often.

Yeah, I agree with this. I like that album. It sorely misses the dual guitar leads though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 am

I dont know too many bands that are uniquely original actually.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:03 pm

I also have to say Covenant (or The Kovenant) is one of those rip offs that pass up the band that they were ripping off,which was For All Tid and later Enthrone Darkness Triumphant era Dimmu Borgir

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore   'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Rip-Off' Bands that you adore
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next