Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM Dec. '11 Update

Go down 
+7
kmorg
TheGreatDuck
Metal Misfit
Tur-Thalion
Lari
mc666
ultmetal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Speaking of which, you still have AC/DC's Bonfire box set there.

Also, have you seen the film Point Break? It's soundtrack is pretty good, you should check it out.

Oh, and will you expand your Jethro Tull, David Bowie and/or The Rolling Stones collections anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:37 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Speaking of which, you still have AC/DC's Bonfire box set there.

Also, have you seen the film Point Break? It's soundtrack is pretty good, you should check it out.

Oh, and will you expand your Jethro Tull, David Bowie and/or The Rolling Stones collections anytime soon?
\\

Would love to expand on those a bit more. I use to be a huge fan of Bowie back in the 70's and early 80's. I'd like to at least get "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" and maybe "Diamond Dogs" and "Young Americans" as well.

Tull I like a lot as well. Would love to get "Live - Bursting Out" and have had the "Aqualung" on my want list for a very long time. "Passion Play" and "Heavy Horses" are two I'd like to own as well.

I'm not as big on the Stones, though I do like their stuff and wouldn't mind getting more in the future.

Also want to get some more Allman Brothers & Grand Funk Railroad in the future.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 am

Aqualung was rereleased with a bonus disk this year, look out for that version.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Hmmm, I can't even access your website today. It seems to be missing!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Hmmm, I can't even access your website today. It seems to be missing!

Sorry. Nolifetilmetal.com may be be going away. I don't have the money to renew it right now. My domain name is due and it's $200. I missed my grace period unfortunately. Oh well, I had a good run.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:23 pm

200?? That's more than I pay for the domain and the web hotel.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 pm

kmorg wrote:
200?? That's more than I pay for the domain and the web hotel.

It's a fine. In order to get my domain name back and not have it go into the general pool in 90 days, I have to pay the fine of $150 plus the yearly fee, to get it back. I could wait the 90 days and hope nobody else buys it, but that is highly unlikely as I've had people offer to buy the site name many times, simply because of how active it is and how it pops up in the top of most of the search engines.

Usually, for the name, I pay a whopping $8 for the year, plus $80 a year for my 50 gigs a month of space. So, like I said, this is my fault for missing my yearly payment. I just so happened that the payment was due during the craziness of my mother-in-law passing and I forgot to pay it. When people started emailing that the site was down, I checked with AITdomains and saw that the site name was in limbo. Argh! I'm in the process of filling out the restoration agreement. (For the record, AIT sucks and I would never use them again for anything! I use to host my site there, but yanked that from them a few years ago.)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Scott, since you dug the songs off of Solstice's first album, here are a
few songs off of their second album, Pray:

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, I can totally understand you forgetting about the stie with something like that happening.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:54 am

Quote :
Would love to expand on those a bit more. I use to be a huge fan of Bowie back in the 70's and early 80's. I'd like to at least get "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" and maybe "Diamond Dogs" and "Young Americans" as well.

Ziggy is of course a masterpiece as is Alladin Sane and Diamond Dogs I have the Anniversery editions of both Diamond Dogs and Alladin Sane, in 2013 I bet theres gonna be a 40 anniversery edition of Ziggy at least I hope so. But those 3 are pivotal IMO

Young Americans IMO is Bowie's nod to Motown/Soul I honestly cannot imagine you liking that album Ult. Im a hardcore Bowie fan and i Rarely spin that album. Id recommend the Tin Machine albums very guitar driven Rock albums. just my opinon though Though songs like Fame are great. Young Americans has the late John Lennon and Luther Vandross making appearances

Id also recommend Low to anyone who is a fan of the 80s pop sound as Low IMO was the album that started all of that if not the only one, one of the founding fathers if you will.....

Ok enough of my Bowie Fanboyness hehe
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:45 am

Use to own Young Americans as a kid, so it holds some nostalgic value, especially the title track.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Ult, have you heard China? They're a Swiss melodic hard rock band in the vein of Bonfire, FireHouse, Slaughter, glam era Whitesnake, Shy etc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Dec. '11 Update   NLTM Dec. '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM Dec. '11 Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2