Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National Metal Day?

Go down 
+11
QuothTheRaven
Metal Misfit
JBall_Z
exact33
Joe
MetalGuy71
mc666
manny
sheets
Fat Freddy
Wargod
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

National Metal Day? Empty
PostSubject: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 am

What do most think about National Metal Day? I think it is a good thing to promote metal even if there are those out there and on this board who will be negative. Those being so if you have nothing positive to contribute then don't, but I for one like it.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:59 am

Every day is Metal Day for me. Very Happy

...but seriously, I'm interested in seeing the newly remastered "Behind the Music" on Megadeth tonight on VH1 Classic and the start of Sam Dunn's new documentary series.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Eh, it's just a marketing stunt. As far as I'm concerned today is Veteran's Day, but I'm looking forward to the Sam Dunn series.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:05 pm

I think it is cool and I also think I am getting old when the genre I love is getting so much attention and respectability, who would have thought that would happen?

Now if those asswipes at Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, would get on board and put KISS, Judas Priest and for God's sake DEEP PURPLE!!!!!!!!! in their stupid Hall!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:09 pm

i think those that celebrate national cheese appreciation day will probably celebrate something like this too. cheese is cheese after all.

it's Veterans' Day to me.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...but seriously, I'm interested in seeing the newly remastered "Behind the Music" on Megadeth tonight on VH1 Classic and the start of Sam Dunn's new documentary series.

My sentiments exactly, with one add-on. Along with the Sam Dunn doc & Megadeth remaster, tonight is also the season premier of 'That Metal Show' with everyone's favorite douche-nozzle Axl Rose. Being a fan of douche-nozzles myself, I'm looking forward to it.

National Metal Day? 209773 UP THE IRONS!!National Metal Day? 209773

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tonight is also the season premier of 'That Metal Show' with everyone's favorite douche-nozzle Axl Rose. Being a fan of douche-nozzles myself, I'm looking forward to it.

The show is pre-recorded right? If not, you may have to wait awhile before Axl actually shows up. Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Joe wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
tonight is also the season premier of 'That Metal Show' with everyone's favorite douche-nozzle Axl Rose. Being a fan of douche-nozzles myself, I'm looking forward to it.

The show is pre-recorded right? If not, you may have to wait awhile before Axl actually shows up. Razz

Laughing very hard

better queue those commercials or have that episode of Andy Griffith Show on standby!!

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

thats how I feel. I guess it gives metal some additional attention but i doubt a whole lot of people are listening just because its metal day...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Joe wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing Yup, the shows already in the can, ready to roll. According to Eddie Trunk, it was a last minute thing. Axl's people called and said to come to the concert that night, then afterwards, sit & talk with his royal highness. They conducted the interview at like 4:00 in the morning after the concert. It might actually be kinda cool to hear what the recluse has to say.

Quote :
thats how I feel. I guess it gives metal some additional attention but i doubt a whole lot of people are listening just because its metal day...

My kids will get a healty dose of the new Megadeth album when I get home today. National Metal Day? 506406

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:51 pm

manny wrote:
Now if those asswipes at Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, would get on board and put KISS, Judas Priest and for God's sake DEEP PURPLE!!!!!!!!! in their stupid Hall!

Amen Brother! If GNR gets in before KISS, well... that would just be a travesty.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:07 pm

I think it's a great idea, great for the entire metal realm, but they picked an odd day to do it this year because of Veterans Day.

Hopefully it'll steamroll over the next few years and us fans will get some cool concerts, TV specials and music releases out of the deal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:11 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
manny wrote:

Amen Brother! If GNR gets in before KISS, well... that would just be a travesty.

As long as those pretentious twats from Rolling Stone (specifically Jann Wenner) are on the committee, Justin Bieber has a better chance at getting in before KISS.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
manny wrote:

As long as those pretentious twats from Rolling Stone (specifically Jann Wenner) are on the committee, Justin Bieber has a better chance at getting in before KISS.

I know KISS is not everyone's cup of tea but what the hell they have against KISS? Even Lady Gaga, Rolling Stone's favorite cover girl is a fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 pm

He's had a bug up his arse with KISS for a long time. Maybe Paul spurned his affections once backstage?

It goes way back to the 70's when KISS were at their most commercially successful and Wenner refused to acknowledge them in the least bit. They were the biggest act in the world, yet not one mention in the prestigeous Rolling Stone magazine. They were finally, begrudgingly given a cover story I think back in '96 (?) with the reunion tour, but by then, Rolling Stone would put just about anyone on the cover.

Scroll down to the RnR Hall of Fame Controversy on his Wiki page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jann_Wenner

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:58 pm

I also first celebrated Veteran's Day today (thanks to any on here who served. I for one, appreciate it greatly) That being said, I decided to celebrate metal day too. Today's CDs in the car:
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Led Zeppelin - S/T

Always good to explore the history! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:02 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
I also first celebrated Veteran's Day today (thanks to any on here who served. I for one, appreciate it greatly) That being said, I decided to celebrate metal day too. Today's CDs in the car:
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Led Zeppelin - S/T

Always good to explore the history! headbanger

Priest & Sabbath for me today too \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Joe wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Metal day is almost every day, today was Veterans Day.

Nice to get some freebies for veterans around this time. Got me a free car wash from Cheveron and Monday I get a free dinner at Golden Coral.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Quote :
but they picked an odd day to do it this year because of Veterans Day.

They picked this particular date since it's 11-11-11, today goes to 11 on all levels.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:26 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
manny wrote:

I know KISS is not everyone's cup of tea but what the hell they have against KISS? Even Lady Gaga, Rolling Stone's favorite cover girl is a fan.

I know!

Anyway, it's Veteran's Day and I'm a veteran, so that's cool. It's also Natioinal Metal Day and I'm a metal fan, so I'm cool with that too. However, I haven't really listened to any metal today. I've kinda been on a Grand Funk kick the last day or two.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Anyway, it's Veteran's Day and I'm a veteran, so that's cool. It's also Natioinal Metal Day and I'm a metal fan, so I'm cool with that too. However, I haven't really listened to any metal today. I've kinda been on a Grand Funk kick the last day or two.

What branch were you in? I was in the navy from 1999-2003, seems like a lifetime ago (moreso for you being 14 years older than me).
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:27 pm

I was okay with it until my facebook profile got stampeded by iwrestledabearonce fans celebrating the occasion by posting videos of their "metal" idols. Now I'm not so sure I want to be part of this anymore Laughing

I wonder if I should go watch some VH1 classic
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 pm

stormspell wrote:
I was okay with it until my facebook profile got stampeded by iwrestledabearonce fans celebrating the occasion by posting videos of their "metal" idols. Now I'm not so sure I want to be part of this anymore Laughing

I wonder if I should go watch some VH1 classic

Sucks, we don't get that channel. Sad
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:45 pm

You probably need to upgrade your subscription. My parents have basic cable only and I noticed they don't have it either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Metal Day?   National Metal Day? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Metal Day?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: