Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down, then up, then down again

Go down 
+13
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Joe
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
Troublezone
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
mc666
metalhead777
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Down, then up, then down again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down, then up, then down again   Down, then up, then down again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 pm

The Showdown:

Chorus Of Obliteration-moslty boring paint by numbers metalcore

Temptation Come My Way-album of that year for me, a great southern metal ablum with very few growls and very memorable songs

Back Breaker-went back to mostly growls and screams and more of a groove metal sound (I like groove metal but I didn't want to hear a sound change from this band), songs mostly unmemorable, most dissapointing album of that year

The follow-up not much better though a few songs had that Temptation... flare to them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Down, then up, then down again   Down, then up, then down again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:10 pm

The only solo Ozzy albums I'm a fan of are the first two. The Ultimate Sin isn't too bad either. Other than that, eh. I mean I don't hate it or anything, most of the hits are decent enough, but I've never been an Ozzy fanatic outside of Sabbath.

Agreed on Motley Crue, too. First two are decent, I don't really care about anything beyond that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Down, then up, then down again   Down, then up, then down again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 am

Prong is another band that to me is very hit and miss. Cleansing and Power of the Damager both blew me away. Most of their other albums sort of bore me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Down, then up, then down again   Down, then up, then down again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:46 am

The_Jayroh wrote:
Prong is another band that to me is very hit and miss. Cleansing and Power of the Damager both blew me away. Most of their other albums sort of bore me.

Beg to Differ bored you? Some of their best songs and riffs are on that.

Here's how I rate them (excluding remixes or live material)

1. Cleansing
2. Beg to Differ
3. Rude Awakening
4. Power of the Damager
5. Prove You Wrong
6. Force Fed
7. Scorpio Rising
8. Primitive Origins
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Down, then up, then down again   Down, then up, then down again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The Showdown:

Chorus Of Obliteration-moslty boring paint by numbers metalcore

Temptation Come My Way-album of that year for me, a great southern metal ablum with very few growls and very memorable songs

Back Breaker-went back to mostly growls and screams and more of a groove metal sound (I like groove metal but I didn't want to hear a sound change from this band), songs mostly unmemorable, most dissapointing album of that year

The follow-up not much better though a few songs had that Temptation... flare to them.
Oddly enough You could switch out your opinion on "Temptation" and "Backbreaker" for me. I think their particular brand of Southern metal on Temptation was really forgettable compared to bands like Maylene and The Sons of Disaster. Only 2 songs I liked on Temptation were the title track (an amazing song) and breath of the swamp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down, then up, then down again   Down, then up, then down again - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down, then up, then down again
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: