Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverance come to an end

Go down 
+12
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Glenn Rogers
Lurideath
ProgDoom
Temple of Blood
Sole Survivor
exact33
mlotek
Troublezone
ultmetal
metalhead777
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:07 am

[quote="kmorg"]
Fat Freddy wrote:

I dunno. I read all about this over at the CMR in May/June.

what is CMR ? I never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:14 am

[quote="mlotek"]
kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I dunno. I read all about this over at the CMR in May/June.

what is CMR ? I never heard of it.

ChristianMetalRealm. http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com/

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:51 am

This is purely from a "fan" perspective so bare with me. But it's almost painful to observe these bands that you loved/love allow themselves to be sucked dry and almost haunted by their own legacies. It seems like Jimmy and many bandmates have had very little peace about anything over the years and I hope they find that...for their and their families sakes. I hope they get closure and that release to really close that chapter and move on happily and not think back on that chapter with regret and disappointment. Because it really was, overall, amazing.

They've given me many memories and tons of great albums that will live on for a long, long time. Heck, my 12 and 14 year old think Deliverance is the sickest band on the planet. That's a testament in itself. headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:27 pm

T-Roy wrote:
This is purely from a "fan" perspective so bare with me. But it's almost painful to observe these bands that you loved/love allow themselves to be sucked dry and almost haunted by their own legacies. It seems like Jimmy and many bandmates have had very little peace about anything over the years and I hope they find that...for their and their families sakes. I hope they get closure and that release to really close that chapter and move on happily and not think back on that chapter with regret and disappointment. Because it really was, overall, amazing.

They've given me many memories and tons of great albums that will live on for a long, long time. Heck, my 12 and 14 year old think Deliverance is the sickest band on the planet. That's a testament in itself. headbanger

I think when bands so that big of a style change it is better to go out under a new moniker.

Sole Survivor
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sole Survivor

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 pm

kmorg wrote:
[ I guess Jimmy ws so upset with the new album cover for "What A Joke" he'd rather see the band dead then be affiliated with that!

That cover was
horrendous.
thinking

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Why should he go back and do a Weapons Pt. 2 if it's not in his blood?

He could do it for the real diehard fans that stuck by him, even when he strayed off in other directions. And i'm just talking about one last studio album (no tour). He wouldn't have to play it live and be miserable...

yeah but most of the diehards realize that this will never happen, and know Jimmy's not into the Speed Metal thing anymore I have been hearing fans cry out for this for years even the labels wanted a Weapons Pt 2, and while you are perfectly alright to have your opinion even if Jimmy did a Weapons 2 back in the day I dont think it would have lived to all the fans' expectations.

Just my opinion
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Addy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Why should he go back and do a Weapons Pt. 2 if it's not in his blood?

He could do it for the real diehard fans that stuck by him, even when he strayed off in other directions. And i'm just talking about one last studio album (no tour). He wouldn't have to play it live and be miserable...

yeah but most of the diehards realize that this will never happen, and know Jimmy's not into the Speed Metal thing anymore I have been hearing fans cry out for this for years even the labels wanted a Weapons Pt 2, and while you are perfectly alright to have your opinion even if Jimmy did a Weapons 2 back in the day I dont think it would have lived to all the fans' expectations.

Just my opinion
A weapons part 2 would be cool.

But I prefer Fearful Symmetry to any Deliverance release so, I'm putting my hope into a new release from them.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm

I love FS and JVI In fact since i dont go to the CMR i havent gotten any news or heard anything on either of those fronts
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance come to an end   Deliverance come to an end - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance come to an end
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: