Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise

Go down 
+3
krokus
metalken
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Empty
PostSubject: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Anyone heard this album from these NWOBHM vets? It was their 1995 reunion album and it's probably one of the best NWOBHM albums that no one has heard. (including myself until recent)

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Have not heard this one. The newest is pretty killer, but honestly I would have been hard pressed to say it was Tokyo Blade if I had not known previously. Can you tell this is a Tokyo Blade release ?

Despite the change in singers and in styles, the first few releases by this band are essential imo. Have about 6 releases on vinyl from the early/mid eighties.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 pm

metalken wrote:
Have not heard this one. The newest is pretty killer, but honestly I would have been hard pressed to say it was Tokyo Blade if I had not known previously. Can you tell this is a Tokyo Blade release ?

Despite the change in singers and in styles, the first few releases by this band are essential imo. Have about 6 releases on vinyl from the early/mid eighties.

Sure can. If you like the debut, you should like this one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:55 am

I have BURNING DOWN PARADISE on cd but its not a killer album imo but still nice to have if you are a TB fan of course.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 am

krokus wrote:
I have BURNING DOWN PARADISE on cd but its not a killer album imo but still nice to have if you are a TB fan of course.

Well, after attempts at glam and AOR, it's a nice return to form, especially with their original vocalist back behind the mic.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

Well, after attempts at glam and AOR, it's a nice return to form, especially with their original vocalist back behind the mic.

Yes, BURNING DOWN PARADISE sound more metal than NO REMORSE but i think the song writting is better on that album. Still BDP is far better then PUMPHOUSE.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am

After many years i am playing it again (BURNING DOWN PARADISE) and i have to admite i am a little wrong, its far better then i remembered. Thanks for opening my ears Scott Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:00 pm

krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

Yes, BURNING DOWN PARADISE sound more metal than NO REMORSE but i think the song writting is better on that album. Still BDP is far better then PUMPHOUSE.

Right, but Pumphouse was not recorded as a Tokyo Blade album to begin with. It was a band called Pumphouse that just happened to feature two members of Tokyo Blade and was later re-released as Tokyo Blade - Pumphouse by a forceful record company.

As for the songwriting on No Remorse, well, I like that album too, but I don't think it's better. That album was literally thrown together in a studio by guitarist Andy Boulton and a bunch of guys he didn't meet until he got to the studio. The whole thing was set up by the record company.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

Right, but Pumphouse was not recorded as a Tokyo Blade album to begin with. It was a band called Pumphouse that just happened to feature two members of Tokyo Blade and was later re-released as Tokyo Blade - Pumphouse by a forceful record company.

As for the songwriting on No Remorse, well, I like that album too, but I don't think it's better. That album was literally thrown together in a studio by guitarist Andy Boulton and a bunch of guys he didn't meet until he got to the studio. The whole thing was set up by the record company.

Thanks for the info about PUMPHOUSE, didnt know about that.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

What about Black Hearts And Jaded Spades and Ain't Misbehavin?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Have not heard those two yet.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:25 pm

It's a decent attempt for the band. I still reach for Night of the Blade about once a week, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 am

I have it on tape. Still looking forward to getting the CD.

Great release indeed!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
What about Black Hearts And Jaded Spades and Ain't Misbehavin?

Black Hearts is a very good traditional metal album. Sounds very American though, sort of Ratt meets Van Halen. The title track is awesome!

Ain't Misbehavin' isn't as good IMO. It doesn't have the charisma and charm of any of the first three albums, though it does have a few good songs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:04 pm

I missed this thread - I need to add this to my want list!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise   Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Blade - Burning Down Paradise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: