Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fat Axl?

Go down 
+17
Smindas
James B.
Metal Misfit
Glenn Rogers
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
chewie
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
manny
exact33
DallasBlack
Gilbert
arachnoplasma
Eyesore
tohostudios
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:40 pm

My thoughts on the subject: http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2011/10/fat-beats.html

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Article-0-0E34C3F600000578-920_634x632

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Dicktracy
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:49 pm

LOL. I thought he looked kinda like The Man in the Yellow Hat from Curious George myself... Very Happy

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Curiousgeorge250a
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:55 pm

You get old, you get fat,and you can't perform as well... It happens....He's no different then all of us....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
You get old, you get fat,and you can't perform as well... It happens....He's no different then all of us....

True but I wouldn't make a paying crowd wait 2 hours after the show was supposed to start.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 pm

I remember when Axl first re-emerged in '99 and everyone was like "OMG!! Look how FAT he is!" He just wasn't scrawny anymore. He looked healthy. He looked fine then and at 49 now he looks more or less like what the average pushing-fifty Joe looks like. No, he's not thin but that's life.

As for his performances, I'm with Manny. I've seen many clips online over the years where he's on fire, then other moments not so much. He does have a lot of vocal issues these days and keeps an oxygen room near the stage. Some nights are just better than others.

As for the band, again, I agree with Manny. These guys just do not gel. You could make a much more stronger case for "Axl doesn't need Slash/Duffy/Izzy" if these guys were on fire live but they aren't. I can only assume Axl keeps them around because they are paid employees who keep their mouths shut and do what they're told (and they probably work cheap too).

Oh well. Chinese Democracy is one of the best albums from the last decade. I'm sure I'll never get to see them live so I'm happy with whatever Axl wants to do in the studio with whoever.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Chinese Democracy is one of the best albums from the last decade.
Interesting.

I like that album quite a bit, but I don't know that I've ever heard anyone praise it that much.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
My thoughts on the subject: http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2011/10/fat-beats.html

Laughing

Haha, reminds me of this...

♫ "If you got the money, hunny, we got curly fries!" ♫ lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Chinese Democracy is one of the best albums from the last decade.
Interesting.

I like that album quite a bit, but I don't know that I've ever heard anyone praise it that much.

I rock that album about once a month. One of my all-time faves. :king:

By the way, for those of you complaining about when they go on stage -- love it, hate it, accept it, debate it, treat yourself don't cheat yourself... this is Guns N' Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite! Fat Axl? - Page 2 499945
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:42 am

ultmetal wrote:
Why does anyone care anymore about Axl? Unless he can lose some of his overblown pride, get the real GnR together, and stop treating fans like they are cattle, no one should care.

So true!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:54 am

Why would anybody assume that a few pounds would change anybody on a personal level ?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:28 pm

James B. wrote:
Why would anybody assume that a few pounds would change anybody on a personal level ?

Because, fat people are supossed to be jolly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:

Because, fat people are supossed to be jolly! Very Happy

lol!

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 pm

manny wrote:
Bumblefoot ( another stupid name) is a good guitarist but nowhere in the same league as Slash or Buckethead, at least IMO, maybe that is problem.
Fair point about the band lacking chemistry, but I disagree heavily with this. I would without hesitation argue that Bumblefoot is one of the best guitarists out there, although he might not be the right fit for GN'R. Him and Guthrie Govan are in a league of their own.

As an aside, when GN'R still had Robin Finck, the band seemed a bit more like it had chemistry. Him and Bumblefoot worked well together. DJ Ashba however is dull as hell live.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Article-0-0E34C3F600000578-920_634x632

Fat Axl? - Page 2 1010-christina-aguilera-wenn-credit[/quote]

Christine Aguilera thinks Axl looks just fine.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Wow.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 am

Damn. Is that really Aguilera? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 am

Geez. Aguilera didn't look that bad when she was on that TV show "The Voice" a few months back.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:59 am

That is not Aguilera that is Axl dressed in drag !!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:26 am

Bumblefoot is a ridiculous guitarist...like a Buckethead or Steve Vai...Slash is just more "rock and roll" than they are.

Axl is nearly 50....I cut him some slack on how he looks.

As for his performances, he seems like a guy who would have nights where he was absolutely on fire and wrecking the place, then others where he was less than impressive. He was never a singer, he was a screamer...that alone will wreck a voice.

I was never a huge GnR fan, but "November Rain", "Don't Cry" and "Paradise City" are really good songs...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Damn. Is that really Aguilera? Shocked

Either that or Dee Snider has really let himself go.Razz

It's actually from a few nights ago I believe. She performed at a Michael Jackson tribute show in London.

Quote :
Axl is nearly 50....I cut him some slack on how he looks.

Eh, I dunno. Maybe he's got a medical condition, who knows. But I think it's more of an ego thing with him. "I'm gonna be fat, outta key, 2 hours late and still fill a stadium. F you all". Like when Marlon Brando let himself go and still got movie roles. There are plenty of 50 year old+ performers/entertainers/singers that keep it together. Roger Waters is 109 and looks great.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Roger Waters is 109 and looks great.

Random observation: I watched a Pink Floyd documentary on VH1 Classic a while ago and it occurred to me that Roger Waters looks a lot like Richard Gere.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

True but I wouldn't make a paying crowd wait 2 hours after the show was supposed to start.

Everyone knows this going in to a GnR show. Thats what they always do make you wait to see a lame band....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Everyone knows this going in to a GnR show. Thats what they always do make you wait to see a lame band....

Good point. Note to self, never go to a GnR show.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:49 am

I'm 53 and damn grateful that nobody is posting my picture anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fat Axl? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fat Axl?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: