Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fat Axl?

Go down 
+17
Smindas
James B.
Metal Misfit
Glenn Rogers
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
chewie
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
manny
exact33
DallasBlack
Gilbert
arachnoplasma
Eyesore
tohostudios
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:13 pm

I find this story both hilarious and sad at the same time.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/90014/axl-rose-plumps-up-his-volume/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Why sad? He's nearly 50 years old. So he put on some pounds and can't sing in that unnatural tone anymore? Not surprising.

I see other people making jokes about Dave Wyndorf's weight. It's like they'd rather him be skinny and addicted to drugs than be a little overweight and sober. It's weird.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 pm

It's sad because it only reminds me of my own advancing age. It's hilarious because he still tries to act like a 20-something prima donna. Two hours late? Gimme a break.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
It's sad because it only reminds me of my own advancing age. It's hilarious because he still tries to act like a 20-something prima donna. Two hours late? Gimme a break.
Oh, well yeah, his stage antics are a joke and a disrespect to his fans.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Oh, well yeah, his stage antics are a joke and a disrespect to his fans.

Most of us 50-somethings have realized long ago that we need to adapt our behavior to our age. Not Axl apparently. Once an anal pore, always an anal pore.

Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Worth watching for the guitar solo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:35 pm

He doesn't look that fat. He was that size years ago, and he sang just as bad. This writer is a bit late on this breaking news. Haha.

Great solo! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:15 am

He's not that fat.

But he's a terrible singer. I think he should just retire with dignity...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:23 am

Gilbert wrote:
He's not that fat.

How about sing with dignity? You know, sing in a natural tone.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
He's not that fat.

How about sing with dignity? You know, sing in a natural tone.

I love old school G&R but yeah, his tone was highly unnatural. I can mimick his voice but only for a short period of time until my voice gives out or I start feeling dizzy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:34 am

They could always replace him with Adam Sandler...

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:19 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I can mimick his voice but only for a short period of time until my voice gives out or I start feeling dizzy.

maybe thats why it took them so long to release Chinese Democracy

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:11 am

I have seen shows on youtube from the last few years that are incredible then I have seen others like the Rock In Rio, where Axl sounds terrible, and for whatever reason the band cannot seem to gel and get it together on stage.

I honestly did not think he looked that bad, he is 49 and like most of us, is not going to like they did when they were 27.

His prima donna act is what sucks, him getting heavier, means very little to me. Two hours late making fans wait is inexcuseble in my opinion, I am sure with a personal trainer who could help Axl turn those extra weight into muscle or get it rid of it.

Also this version of Guns N Roses need to be more constent on stage, at least IMO.

Last edited by manny on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:26 am

I'm in agreement with pretty much everything Manny just stated, and I'm probably the biggest GnR fan on these boards.

The band doesn't seem to have much chemistry. You'd think after all the live shows they've played they'd get it together more. Maybe they're too stressed out working under Axl and his temper tantrums.

The weight thing is inexcusable. He shouldn't be that heavy. Slash & Duff are both in their late 40's as well and look great. Yea, he ain't 27 anymore, but he's also in a position where he could have personal trainers and cooks making him his meals. He's in the entertainment business. Looks count, like it or not.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 am

I think it sucks when he is not performing up to a certain level, even if you hate Axl Rose, you have to admit when the guys firing on all cylinders, he is one of the most charsmatic frontmen I have ever seen live.

The version of G n R with Buckethead was killer, that line up seemed hungry, and Buckethead plays nothing like Slash, so even the older songs sounded new and fresh, where this line up IMO just seems more like hired guns (no pun intended) then a real band.
Bumblefoot ( another stupid name) is a good guitarist but nowhere in the same league as Slash or Buckethead, at least IMO, maybe that is problem.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 am

Why does anyone care anymore about Axl? Unless he can lose some of his overblown pride, get the real GnR together, and stop treating fans like they are cattle, no one should care.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
Why does anyone care anymore about Axl? Unless he can lose some of his overblown pride, get the real GnR together, and stop treating fans like they are cattle, no one should care.

Well ULT, I am one of the few peps who loved 'Chinese Democracy', I agree he should treat fans to great show and leave the drama behind, and if the original G n R reformed I would be first in line to buy a ticket, but IMO the man is a very talented. I listened to 'Chinese Democracy' earlier this week and still love the disc.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 am

OK, here's the thing. The article compared his current look to his late 80s look...stupid. They dude is 49 years old! None of us looks how we looked in 1988. Sheesh...

Maybe he eats too much? Maybe he's on perscribed medication/steriods that affects his weight? We don't know...

I'm no fan of Axl...but we all get old and to put out an article focusing solely on his weight gain is stupid.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:33 am

He'll get back to his fighting weight in time for GnR's induction to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame ceremony.Fat Axl? 746178 Or maybe he can go on next season's "Dancing with the Stars". That'll take off some pounds.

I still like Chinese Democracy too, Manny!

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
OK, here's the thing. The article compared his current look to his late 80s look...stupid. They dude is 49 years old! None of us looks how we looked in 1988. Sheesh....

THAT is for sure!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 am

chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
OK, here's the thing. The article compared his current look to his late 80s look...stupid. They dude is 49 years old! None of us looks how we looked in 1988. Sheesh....

Gentlemen, speak for yourselves please!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:26 pm

manny wrote:
chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Gentlemen, speak for yourselves please!!!

yeah! TheKing is even better looking now than ever!! My wife has to beat all the other girls off with a stick!!!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:05 pm

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Well ULT, I am one of the few peps who loved 'Chinese Democracy', I agree he should treat fans to great show and leave the drama behind, and if the original G n R reformed I would be first in line to buy a ticket, but IMO the man is a very talented. I listened to 'Chinese Democracy' earlier this week and still love the disc.

Right, but what I was saying is, who cares about rock-star drama crap like "look how fat he is". I think he just eats up all the media hype they build around him. He wears that crap like a badge of honor, when in reality, it should be a shame.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 pm

I can't say anything about Axl being fat. When I was in high school I weighed between 145-150. Ballooned up to 170 before going to the Navy. Got out of boot camp at 150 and eventually 170 again. Went on a six month deployment and went to 160 at the end of that. Stayed 160-170 through my last six month deployment. Afterwards in a period of three months I went to 190 (a combination of overendulgence from being out at sea for so long with crappy food and not having to go through another fitness test because I was so close to separtion). After the Navy through not having a job for over half a year got up to 210+. After working again and up til now I've stayed around 195-200. Only 32, and I'm already a fat lazy SOB Smile .

One reason I'm affraid to go into trucking is I fear I may become even fatter. I barely do any physical activitiy now, imagine spending 8-10 hours a day driving a truck
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I can't say anything about Axl being fat. When I was in high school I weighed between 145-150. Ballooned up to 170 before going to the Navy. Got out of boot camp at 150 and eventually 170 again. Went on a six month deployment and went to 160 at the end of that. Stayed 160-170 through my last six month deployment. Afterwards in a period of three months I went to 190 (a combination of overendulgence from being out at sea for so long with crappy food and not having to go through another fitness test because I was so close to separtion). After the Navy through not having a job for over half a year got up to 210+. After working again and up til now I've stayed around 195-200. Only 32, and I'm already a fat lazy SOB Smile .

One reason I'm affraid to go into trucking is I fear I may become even fatter. I barely do any physical activitiy now, imagine spending 8-10 hours a day driving a truck

Get a GOOD bicycle - like a Trek (not that Schwinn crap or any bike you can buy at a nationwide retailer) take it with you and ride 30 minutes when you have to park for the night, that will take care of that issue!!!

I have a new name for Axl - we shall call him Faxl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fat Axl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Axl?   Fat Axl? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fat Axl?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: