Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ion Vein

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:06 am

These cats have finally released some new music!

Quote :
Chicago-based metallers ION VEIN have made their first DR (digital release), "IV v1.0", available for FREE for a limited time as a token of their appreciation for the fans' continued patience and support. The band states, "We've been through quite a lot since the release of 'Reigning Memories' in 2003, and the only thing that kept us going was the belief in the strength of the new material, so we hope you enjoy it... and remember to crank it loud!"

"IV v1.0" is available now at this location

The track listing is as follows:

01. Enough (3:55)
02. Love/Hate (4:00)
03. Anger Inside (4:59)

The songs were produced/engineered and mixed by Neil Kernon (NILE, NEVERMORE, QUEENSRŸCHE, REDEMPTION), and mastered by Alan Douches.

The DR concept was developed by Mortal Music as taking a snap shot of an album of music and releasing it into the market a "chapter" at a time, so to speak, to allow it to work its way into the marketplace faster and to help alleviate the musical overload fans and press alike are experiencing these days with so many options available. The full-length album will then be available on CD at the end of the cycle for those that still collect physical product.

Commented ION VEIN founder/guitarist Chris Lotesto: "We really like what the guys at Mortal have going on and think their approach to the new musical marketplace is exciting and innovative! We're really glad that we can be a part of helping to shape the way music can be presented to fans these days in the ever changing world of music!"
It's been a long time since Reigning Memories came out, so these new tunes are quite different in style from the first two albums. Much heavier now. This is how they were before:

So good! The first two albums are fantastic. Not sure how I feel about these new tracks. Not bad, for sure, but I don't know if I'll end up digging them as much as the early stuff.

These guys also did one of the best Queensryche covers I've ever heard.

headbanger

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:04 am

They kicked out their old singer because they wanted to be heavier. I like their new singer, but I didn't think that was a good move.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
They kicked out their old singer because they wanted to be heavier. I like their new singer, but I didn't think that was a good move.
It's always questionable until they prove themselves. These new tunes are good, just very different.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:55 pm

That first song is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm

So Ion Vein has released a new EP. They're doing a series of them, I guess, and this is the second. They're also digital-only EPs:

http://ionvein.bandcamp.com/album/iv-v10
http://ionvein.bandcamp.com/album/iv-v-20

Only $2 a pop, so well worth it. Anyway, try before you buy! They're not the same band anymore, unfortunately. I dig the new stuff, it's very good, but the first albums are gold, in my opinion. But I'm sure there are some people out there who dig the new EPs better.

Here's a track from the 1.0 EP:

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Too much DISTURBED.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Too much DISTURBED.
It's definitely very modern-sounding.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:45 pm

So Ion Vein now have a new full-length out. It's comprised of the six songs from the v1.0 and v2.0 EPs, remixed and remastered, plus an additional six songs.

As mentioned above, this new incarnation of the band is very different from the older version. Heavier, more modern-sounding, but still quite good, I think.

Anyway, the EPs were digital-only releases, but this full-length is available on CD. And right now it's just $5.99 on Amazon.com. If you have Prime, that's a steal! So glad I didn't buy it through LaserCD.com, like I almost did a few weeks ago.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Harold Benson
Metal novice
Metal novice
Harold Benson

Number of posts : 22

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:31 am

I listened to this band a long time ago , sounded like some type of "prog metal" it was interesting stuff as far as I can remember ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ion Vein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ion Vein   Ion Vein Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ion Vein
Page 1 of 1