Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heard new Primal Fear!

Go down 
+5
Todd Jaymz
kmorg
mc666
Temple of Blood
Wargod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Heard new Primal Fear! Empty
PostSubject: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 6:22 pm

Well I got a promo of the new Primal Fear - New Religion. Upon first listen it really didn't grab me that much but the first song "Sign Of Fear" is an ass kicker Ralf Does a killer vocal job. The seconf time thru with headphones one I got a really good feel for it.
The rest is good with very good lyrics probably their best to date, the song with Simone is very well done has a Within Temptation/Epica feel like it should from the beginning.
It doesn't have that balls to the wall we all know from PF I think they have really matured as a band good song writing, good lyrics. But you can definitely hear Henny Wolters presence back in the band.
I tend to think it has an epic feel it to with a more mature sound which I think suits PF to a T!

I'm not that good at writing reviews and as I'm listening to it again it has started to really grab me and it is telling me yes, a very very good PF disc.

Others may tend to disagree with they way they are going but I like the fact that they are not continuing the way alot hope they should with that JP clone thing. They are there own band with great musicians, good lyrics, and great vocals.
In all could be a top 10, a #1 maybe, but this point no there are better releases that grab me more but over time it could very well be!

I'm biased here because I am a huge PF fan always have been but I am fair!

Wargod48

NP: Primal Fear - New Religion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:03 pm

I was a bad boy and just downloaded it. Opinion to follow.

Speaking of Primal Fear, does anyone have the song "Horrorscope" as an MP3 or WMA file? I bought that damn shaped EP a while ago and it doesn't play in a PC. I don't have a stereo, so I've not heard the song. I checked online, but apparently not many people have managed to rip it because the people that have it uploaded have like 5,000 people in the download queue. Haha.

It's a longshot, but I figured I'd ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:11 pm

Great album, but not their best, I'd say. Seems like a natural progression from Seven Seals. It's not as fast as the early stuff, a little groovier, but it's also heavier, I think. And the song with Simone will undoubtedly be slammed by the haters of bands like Epica and such, but the music is no different than any of Primal Fear's previous ballad-type songs. The difference here is that a female is singing. Great song, but fodder for the haters, no doubt.

After one listen, this sounds more like a Sinner album than a Primal Fear album. Am I hearing it right? And they're not the first band to have a song titled "Everytime It Rains," but the title still annoys me. There's no such word as "everytime!"
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:04 am

The samples I heard from it I really liked and I didn't like "Seven Seals" at all.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:41 am

to be honest, i just don't care for it much. it's not a bad album at all, i just preferred the Priest-like material they used to do moreso. Ralf still has some of the best pipes around though.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 4:57 am

Looking forward to it! I've loved everything from this band.

Hmm, I thought I had the Horrorscope song downloaded on my PC, Eyesore. Turns out, I only have the cover tracks from the EP. Not sure why...

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 8:48 am

Just give me music in the vein of "S/T",Jaws Of Death" and "Devil's Ground" ...didn't like "Seven Seals"...orchestra parts ? female duets ? on the new one ? and so called progressing and expanding as a band i DON'T need! Probably why i liked "Tyran Pace" and never cared for "Gamma Ray".Streamline,traditional metal with screaming vocals thats it.Bands like "Exodus" have used the formula of not changing for years and i tip my hat to them.

IronAge--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:45 pm

kmorg wrote:

Hmm, I thought I had the Horrorscope song downloaded on my PC, Eyesore. Turns out, I only have the cover tracks from the EP. Not sure why...
Because the covers have been released on other albums, most recently on the Metal Classics EP included with Metal Is Forever. The "Horrorscope" song, was only ever included on the Horrorscope EP and supposedly as a bonus track on Jaws Of Death, but apparently no one has ever seen it. There's also a song called "Battlefield" that I've never heard; that was released on a single for the cover of "Out In The Fields."
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Because the covers have been released on other albums, most recently on the Metal Classics EP included with Metal Is Forever. The "Horrorscope" song, was only ever included on the Horrorscope EP and supposedly as a bonus track on Jaws Of Death, but apparently no one has ever seen it. There's also a song called "Battlefield" that I've never heard; that was released on a single for the cover of "Out In The Fields."

I think it is due to the probelm you were reffering to earlier. I think the dude who riped the Horrorscope songs I have had trouble with the title song too. That's why it's missing. Wonder why they didn't use it for the second disc of their best-of release?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:12 pm

I don't think PF has ever really had a BAD release, some better than others but all good. Matt's Sinner releases I liked as well-TJ
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:16 pm

I've liked Black Sun and Seven Seals.....I'll at least give this one a chance...
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 10:49 pm

Here ya go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/48650474/09_-_Horror_Scope.mp3.html

I don't have Battlefield. I searched for it, but no luck.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 10:56 pm

BTW:

Horrorscope is also on the Seven Seals bonus disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm

Sweet! Thanks, bro!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:30 pm

...ill end up getting it when it comes out regardless,cause i love this band.PF need to tour over here in the US,so they can educate some of our younger metallers out there on what a real metal band sounds like.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 6:57 pm

Just heard the samples on Melodicrock.com.....I'm getting this!!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:04 pm

I see PF are getting Magnus Karlsson on guitar. That is such great news to me because he is one of my all time favorite players. He has played on the Allen?Lande cd's and a few other projects as well. Stefan Leibing is leaving the band to be with his family...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 pm

I've been wanting to hear this. I'll hopefully pick it up one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heard new Primal Fear!   Heard new Primal Fear! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heard new Primal Fear!
Page 1 of 1