Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'

Go down 
+3
labrekk
SHOTGUNBLAST
Stender
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Empty
PostSubject: Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Pulled this out today, forgot I had it. Probably my favorate NY crossover/hardcore album..yeah even over any Cro-mags. I love this debut from 1986..probably staying the most true to the original 'hardcore' sound but with the crossover aesthetic. Anyhow, what do people think of this band/record?

Back to top Go down
SHOTGUNBLAST
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: TRUE CROSSOVER!   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:52 am

Smurf YEAH GOOD smurf poo
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:52 am

Yeah, liked this a lot when I was into punk/hardcore stuff. Much better than the more speed metal follow-up. The band was also very tight live.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 am

I actually prefer the second album, B.O.M.B. more... but it's great! One of the best hardcore records ever.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:22 pm

I'm also a bigger fan of B.O.M.B. but Life of Dreams is great too. Used to see the Crumbsuckers at the old 9:30 Club in DC. Those were some fun shows. They were a great band because both my punk and metal friends could all agree on putting their records on.

The version I have of Life Of Dreams is annoying since it was clearly "remastered" from vinyl and has all the hiss and pops.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 pm

I have my dad's old vinyl copy of Beast On My Back but I've never gotten ahold of this one. Great band though!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Great band and I agree the second album had a more Megadeth type sound to it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'   Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crumbsuckers 'Life of dreams'
Page 1 of 1