Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Municipal Waste

Go down 
+12
Stender
sam
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
KissinMaiden
Todd Jaymz
sovdat
krokus
SideShowDisaSter
Fat Freddy
7thSecond
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:31 pm

I had never heard these guys before but thought the album cover looked interesting so I picked up The Art Of Partying. What a great oldschool thrash album. Anyone else here ever heard these guys before? If you like D.R.I., Excel or M.O.D. type stuff then I'd highly recommend these guys. I think I'm going to have a hard time prying this disc out of my player. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:46 pm

I just heard my first Municipal Waste song earlier this week, on a free Thrash compilation CD that I got with an issue of Metal Hammer magazine. Pretty good stuff, I hear a lot of Exodus and Nuclear Assault in their sound. The track I heard was called "Headbanger Face Rip," it was killer! I think I'm gonna have to pick up the CD...
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:03 pm

Good band! Their first album, Waste 'Em All had more of the hardcore influences prevelent in their crossover / thrash sound. Solid album, but it was more impressive in that you could hear the potential.

They've gotten better with each release, and much more thrash oriented, with the hardcore / crossover elements playing smaller roles.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Municipal Waste Aopbig
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:01 pm

My copy even came with a nice patch. I keep getting these free patches and I'm gonna have to go get another denim jacket again soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:02 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Municipal Waste Aopbig

GREAT cover! Nothin sez "Thrash Metal" like a zombie keg party!! Smile
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Of course MUNICIPAL WASTE are great. Since their ep they are kicking ass and their last album is great!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 6:00 am

They TOTALLY destroyed Wacken this year!!!!!! One of the few newer thrash bands that I really like, great stuff!! I haven't heard their latest album, though.
Back to top Go down

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 10:23 am

I wanna hang out with sadistic magician Sad
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:43 pm

I believe there is a new one coming soon, on Earache-TJ
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 pm

The album I pictured above is the new one. It is a great album and a little better then Hazardous Mutation IMO.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm

You ever heard this band Scott (Ult)? You might like them if not.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 2:59 am

The art of partying is awsome, crazy thrash!!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:53 am

awesome band, saw them live not so long ago, excellent gig
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:54 am

I gotta pick this one up. I really dig what I've heard on their myspace page. Did this get any store distribution (ie Best Buy) or is it only availabe on-line?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:00 am

I got mine at our local store. But then again our local store carries lots and lots of underground metal, punk etc. Best Buy, Circuit City etc. will not have this. Probably have to buy it on-line. It's definitely worth buying though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:03 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I gotta pick this one up. I really dig what I've heard on their myspace page. Did this get any store distribution (ie Best Buy) or is it only availabe on-line?

I believe they're signed to Earache, dunno if Best Buy would have it but if there's an F.Y.E. or similar store near you you might be able to find it there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:09 am

7thSecond wrote:
I got mine at our local store. But then again our local store carries lots and lots of underground metal, punk etc. Best Buy, Circuit City etc. will not have this. Probably have to buy it on-line. It's definitely worth buying though.

That's what I figured. I was just thinking about the fastest way to get this. I want it now!! I could go out at lunch today and pick it up if I knew Best Buy carried it. FYE would charge an arm & leg for it. F' them. I'll probably just order it directly from Earache's website.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:10 am

I checked Best Buys website out of curiosity. Hazardous Mutation shows "Limited store availability" but can be bought on-line and The Art Of Partying is not listed for sell at the stores or even on the website.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:16 am

7thSecond wrote:
I checked Best Buys website out of curiosity. Hazardous Mutation shows "Limited store availability" but can be bought on-line and The Art Of Partying is not listed for sell at the stores or even on the website.

I did the same thing. Ditto Circuit City. Not available in stores, but they take on-line orders. Bummer. I guess I'll have to wait to thrash. I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW!!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:32 pm

I was just looking at Municipal Waste tour schedule and was very suprised to see that they are playing at a church in Philly on September 23. Gonna be a keg party at a church? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 am

These gentlemen have a new one coming out August 25th. Massive Aggresive. Buy it or be forever ridiculed. By me. Municipal Waste 19976

Municipal Waste MassiveAggressiveCover

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:33 pm

That cover art is so necro Laughing ..........won't pick it up though, but a new record means they'll tour. And i'll be there whenever they roll into town like always. Beer Bongs N' Boogie Boards!crazy happy
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Awesome band, can't wait for the new record!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:52 pm

sam wrote:
Awesome band, can't wait for the new record!

Meeeeeeeeeeee to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Municipal Waste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Municipal Waste   Municipal Waste Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Municipal Waste
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next