Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUNICIPAL WASTE!

Go down 
+3
Shiney
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
7 posters
AuthorMessage

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 6:13 pm

This is easily the best thrash/crossover band I have heard in YEARS. I can't stop listening to it.

If you were ever a fan of bands like DRI, Cryptic Slaughter, Ludichrist, Crumbsuckers, The Crucified, Suicidal Tendencies, etc., you absolutely owe it to your self to check this out.

I just recently picked up their pre-Earache Records debut (Waste 'Em All) and reasonably impressed by it also...

This is EXACTLY what I think of when I hear the word "crossover." It was just so cool to see a band "get it" like these guys do--even the logo and album covers are old school.

Any thoughts on this band?

)+(
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 6:17 pm

Good band. I picked up Waste 'Em All over a year ago for like $0.50 from a used bin. Solid crossover, with a slightly more metal than hardcore edge.

Haven't heard Hazardous Mutation yet.

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 6:27 pm

Quote :

Haven't heard Hazardous Mutation yet

That's easily the best. More thrash than anything else.

I could see most of the thrashers on this board getting into it...

)+(
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Yes, HM is a lot better than the first one (which is in no way bad!). One of the few new bands with their own attitude.
Back to top Go down

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 6:49 pm

Love 'em! Scott Ian told us to listen, and listen we did! I bet they put on a heck of a show!

Glad to see ya over here, Stig!!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 9:51 pm

I shall have to check into this band....I'll add them to my lala list...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 4:08 am

I only saw a live video clip that came on a dvd compilation with a magazine but i loved it. Their is an other new band, GAMA BOMB from IRLAND that released a cool thrashcore album SURVIVAL OF THE FASTEST. Maybe more thrash then MUNICIPAL WASTE and less crossover but still increible cool. Check this link:
http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb
And about MUNICIPAL WASTE i didnt find their cd´s yet but when ever i do i will buy them because i am a fan of the bands you named.
Back to top Go down

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 11:32 am

Gama Bomb RULE!!! We can all thank our pillar of Irish musical
knowledge for hooking us up with that band (thanks Locky!!)!!!

Where you from anyway Krokus?
Back to top Go down

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Actually, if you want to check out another band in this vein, track down the debut by FUNEROT.

The name and cover make it look like a goregrind record or something, but it's not. It is actually an 80's style crossover record, with Misfits-type lyrics.

Great stuff!

)+(
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Stig! Where you been, man?

ack
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 1:12 am

Never heard of 'em. They sound cool!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 6:42 pm

Heard this band today. WOW!!!!! Gotta get 'em.

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 7:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Heard this band today. WOW!!!!! Gotta get 'em.

Shame on you for taking so long, Laughing they have new album out soon too.
Back to top Go down

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:12 am

Waste Em' All is a great album I love MW
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 am

I'm gonna pick up Hazardous Mutation soon. They have it at one of the stores here.

Ult, you also need to get that Gama Bomb disc! You'll LOVE it! It's a limited pressing, so get one fast! You can get one over at Stormspell.com. The guy who runs that site is cool to deal with, and runs a top-notch distro.

MUNICIPAL WASTE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUNICIPAL WASTE!   MUNICIPAL WASTE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUNICIPAL WASTE!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: