Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall

Go down 
+9
stormspell
Eyesore
mc666
Fat Freddy
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Alex Dee Rokket
GrandNational
DallasBlack
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Well, thanks for the advice and I know you guys are right. I want to try with a band, I just need to know where my life is heading first. I am certainly an ametur and need a better setting and more practice. However, right now this is the best I can do. I can do kareokee but I have no way of getting video of that. I will try another video later with a better song and bring the music closer to the camera. Also cut the antics out, which obviously didn't go off well (probably best to do a more serious song).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Wayne wrote:
Apart from jumping at the mic at the start all I saw was a few flicks of the hair and not much else.

Well I did lower the microphone and mimed a midget metal vocalist then raised the mic and did a Lemmy impersonation (not planned but before that bit the mic stand had slid down slightly and when I raised it back up it was too high so I just improvised). Also I put my face up to the camera to emphasize the "couldn't get it up" bit. However, I guess it was only funny in my mind so I understand.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Well, thanks for the advice and I know you guys are right. I want to try with a band, I just need to know where my life is heading first. I am certainly an ametur and need a better setting and more practice. However, right now this is the best I can do. I can do kareokee but I have no way of getting video of that. I will try another video later with a better song and bring the music closer to the camera. Also cut the antics out, which obviously didn't go off well (probably best to do a more serious song).
Just do a better song. "Rise and Fall" sucks. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:33 pm

do Dr. Stein!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
do Dr. Stein!

I can do that, I think I can do the lyrics better and my timing won't be so off.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:12 am

It has been said here before so I won't repeat anything mentioned but unfortunately I don't think the style you were singing there suits your voice.

You may have some vocal talent but I cannot hear it on that track. If you like death metal and are passionate about it maybe try out a more deeper / raspy tone.

As for power metal, sorry dude it's not there. Even without a band and without equipment - most of these guys can sing just as well it's a matter of whether you have a voice for it or not. But don't beat yourself up about it because not many have the right voice for power metal - not everyone is Bruce Dickinson or Eric Adams.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:26 am

My voice is not made for power metal (or the European style) for sure. This was more or less just a trial run. I think my voice can work with a gothier metal style, prog metal, or whatever you would call the post Mountain King Savatage (and Circle II Circle) sound.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:35 am

You get points for having the nerve to show your video... but like someone else said, try doing it in a band situation and see what happens. I also would rather hear you sing something without the corny accent... Try another song and band.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:43 am

Troublezone wrote:
You get points for having the nerve to show your video... but like someone else said, try doing it in a band situation and see what happens. I also would rather hear you sing something without the corny accent... Try another song and band.

Seriously, I had NO idea that I was doing an accent unless your talking about the last "rise" "fall" which was just me mimicking the voice in the song.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:50 am

Your accent sounds German, or Swedish or Finnish

I never would have thought you're from Texas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall   Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me Singing Helloween-Rise & Fall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2