Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week

Go down 
+20
rawr!
Gilbert
Leatherface
stepcousin
Jesusandmetal23
Lurideath
metalhead777
Cognitive Dissonance
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Stender
MetalGuy71
manny
James B.
mc666
Fat Freddy
stormspell
GrandNational
The_Jayroh
Required Fields
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:54 am

stepcousin wrote:
Cognitive Dissonance wrote:
Didn't Jesus cast demons out of animals at one point?

nope, just people.
out of individuals into some animals (pigs), in at least one instance. they killed themselves. jolly good time.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 am

Stender wrote:
The article I read made it seem like necrobutcher just wants to prove Larson wrong on television, kinda like how Glen Benton used to call into Bob Larsons radio show every week and try to debate him...but yeah, dolla dolla bills y'alllllllllll

There's some video on YouTube where Glen Benton is answering questions for the audience at a Deicide gig and he says that Bob Larson is a total fake. He claims that Larson confessed that to him because they are "actually sort of friends" haha. I have a friend who grew up in a very Baptist-oriented community and he thinks it's funny that I found out about Bob Larson through Deicide. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Nico wrote:
Stender wrote:
The article I read made it seem like necrobutcher just wants to prove Larson wrong on television, kinda like how Glen Benton used to call into Bob Larsons radio show every week and try to debate him...but yeah, dolla dolla bills y'alllllllllll

There's some video on YouTube where Glen Benton is answering questions for the audience at a Deicide gig and he says that Bob Larson is a total fake. He claims that Larson confessed that to him because they are "actually sort of friends" haha. I have a friend who grew up in a very Baptist-oriented community and he thinks it's funny that I found out about Bob Larson through Deicide. Very Happy

Just went and looked up this video...and at the risk of sounding obvious or cliche, I believe what Benton said 100%...I've also heard that a lot of his statanic schtick is mostly show (not that he's a good Christian boy, or anything...but he just amplifies it and plays it up for the image...or used to).
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Oh yeah, I've seen an interview with Steve Asheim where he said that Brian Hoffman originally got a lot of attention when he branded an upside-down cross on to his arm. Obviously, Glen got jealous and stole the spotlight from him.
Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Deicide+old
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Bob Larson is a fake. I saw some investigation that showed his "ministry" is a money making business. He's the equivalent of Jerry Springer in the Televangelist world.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Bob Larson is a fake. I saw some investigation that showed his "ministry" is a money making business. He's the equivalent of Jerry Springer in the Televangelist world.

Not to mention he is also an a**hole!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:21 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Did you have the misfortune of meeting him?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Thankfully no but a meet someone who was not as bad as Larson but still pretty bad by the name of Rev Billy Mayo who's whole gimmick was the evils of rock n roll not much to do with the Gospel but burning records etc
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Funny you should say all that, because I actually met Jerry Springer when I was in fifth grade. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:41 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Thankfully no but a meet someone who was not as bad as Larson but still pretty bad by the name of Rev Billy Mayo who's whole gimmick was the evils of rock n roll not much to do with the Gospel but burning records etc

it is a shame how people use stuff for their own purposes and end up smearing others who had nothing to do with it.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:55 pm

This is going to be no different than when Peter Steele (and other metal musicians) appeared on Jerry Springer talking about groupies and sex.

I mean this is typical TV bull$hit.

However, as I see it, it will help both Bob Larson and Mayhem.

It's great promotion of Mayhem - it will help further the band's image as being bad ass and evil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week   Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Larson to perform exorcism on Mayhem bassist on TV next week
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2