Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite METAL anthems

Go down 
+18
ghost
Lurideath
thejokeriv
krokus
mc666
TrogDawn
Temple of Blood
SAHB Healer
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Invader
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Olafsto
ultmetal
iamrockerfun
T-Roy
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:41 pm

There can only be one ...

We're the metal inquisition, we've come to search you out
Once you to see things our way, you won't have any doubt
You better wear some leather, you better wear some chains
Don't try to resist us, it'll only bring you pain

We'll hunt you down like animals, we're going to have a chase
We'll beat you till you're senseless, we'll never leave a trace
We'll round you up for trial, we'll bust you on the spot
We'll treat you all like criminals, you'll be a sorry lot

And if you're not a metal head you might as well be dead
We're the metal inquisition... We sentence you to death... by guillotine!

We'll take you to our leaders, we'll take you to our court
Arrest you in the name of hell and play a deadly sport
And if we find you guilty, your punishment is death
You better look the other way, you'd better hold your breath

So if you're in a disco or in a country bar
You better get the hell out, we know who you are
You better get some metal and play it really loud
You have the chance to join us, the mighty and the proud

But if we catch you punking, you know the penalty
We'll come down with a vengeance, we'll never set you free
We're the metal inquisition, we're not too hard to find
Don't get any closer, we might just blow your mind

Cool
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:24 pm

Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Thousands of cars and a million guitars, screaming with power in the air...

Ram it Down- JP 🤘

"Ram it Down" was always thought to be a "gay" song by some, despite the lyrical theme.

It's due to the title of the song, combined with the lead singer's sexuality. Think about it...ram....it...down...
Hmm...I would think that if it was a reference to bufu-ing, it would have been called "Ram it Up" What a Face

But really, everyone needs to stop reading gay themes into Priest's lyrics. Just because Rob is that way, doesn't mean everything he writes is meant in that way. You can do that with anybody's lyrics really. Go ahead, try. Take another metal personality, pretend he's gay and then start looking at his lyrics from a gay context. It's easy to do really and it can be done with almost anything. It's the nature of the beast.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:37 pm

Udo from Accept isn't gay (if I recall correctly, he's married with children), but he was thought to be gay by a lot of people for a while because of some of Accept's lyrics.

I remember someone said on the Balls to the Wall album once: "Great album, but I have no idea why Rob Halford had the balls (no pun intended) to come out of the closet while Udo did not."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Yes, his son was standing on one side of the stage during U.D.O. concert on Wacken or Bang Your Head or somewhere else few years ago ...
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:44 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Thousands of cars and a million guitars, screaming with power in the air...

Ram it Down- JP 🤘

"Ram it Down" was always thought to be a "gay" song by some, despite the lyrical theme.

It's due to the title of the song, combined with the lead singer's sexuality. Think about it...ram....it...down...
Hmm...I would think that if it was a reference to bufu-ing, it would have been called "Ram it Up" What a Face

But really, everyone needs to stop reading gay themes into Priest's lyrics. Just because Rob is that way, doesn't mean everything he writes is meant in that way. You can do that with anybody's lyrics really. Go ahead, try. Take another metal personality, pretend he's gay and then start looking at his lyrics from a gay context. It's easy to do really and it can be done with almost anything. It's the nature of the beast.

i hate how just because rob halfords gay, every single song is suppose to be about gay sex. same with queen. 'we are the champions' is a supposed gay anthem now since ppl found out he was gay when freddie himself said he was thinking about football (soccer) when he wrote it
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Quote :
i hate how just because rob halfords gay, every single song is suppose to be about gay sex. same with queen. 'we are the champions' is a supposed gay anthem now since ppl found out he was gay when freddie himself said he was thinking about football (soccer) when he wrote it

What bothers me is that people who have no idea about metal (ie people that I work with) look at me weird if I'm listening to Priest and say "Isn't that the band with the gay guy?" As if I'm suddenly gay now for listening. It's a real shame that bands like Priest & Queen will be remembered by some as having gay singers and not for their art.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 4:16 pm

(old thread but I must answer)

Here is one that I'm sure many of you don't know but I rank it as one of my favorties:

Cryonic Temple-The Eternal Flames of Metal

Everytime I hear it I drop what I'm doing and sing along (I guess it's a good thing I can't listen to my music at work).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite METAL anthems   Your favorite METAL anthems - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite METAL anthems
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3