Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Europe - Last Look At Eden

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Europe - Last Look At Eden Empty
PostSubject: Europe - Last Look At Eden   Europe - Last Look At Eden Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:41 pm

So I picked up this album today. I was intending to post about it, did a search, and found this old thread. Pretty damn surprised at the responses there, particularly how negative they are.

I've spun this album twice now, and I think it's pretty awesome. Sure, it's nothing like the 80s stuff, but so what?

Come on! That's a kick-ass tune right there.

Great ballad!

Love that riff! Very stoner rock-ish.

Anyway, I really dig this album. We'll see if it holds up over time, but I'm thinking it will.

Last edited by Eyesore on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Europe - Last Look At Eden   Europe - Last Look At Eden Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:44 pm

That one and the 2 before it are their best work, IMO. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Europe - Last Look At Eden   Europe - Last Look At Eden Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:51 pm

I don't have Secret Society, but I do have Start From The Dark and I dig it. Again, surprising that in that other thread people gave that one a 1 out of 10. It's definitely far better than that. Not amazing, but at least a 6 or 7 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Europe - Last Look At Eden   Europe - Last Look At Eden Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 am

It's not bad, but I prefer their 80s stuff by miles. Those first five albums were awesome. I don't really like the 'updated' sound of the last few albums. I do like the track Always the Pretenders from Secret Society, probably my favourite off the last 3.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Europe - Last Look At Eden   Europe - Last Look At Eden Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 pm

sorry, but I just didn't get into "Last Look at Eden" like I did with their earlier stuff.

There are a few good songs on it, no doubt. I think overall I'd fly it at about 6/10 stars.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Europe - Last Look At Eden   Europe - Last Look At Eden Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 am

This is the Europe that I love!

Europe - Last Look At Eden 7730
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Europe - Last Look At Eden   Europe - Last Look At Eden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Europe - Last Look At Eden
Page 1 of 1