Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are there any country metal bands?

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
martinsane
Eyesore
Joe
Ben Grimm
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Are there any country metal bands? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 pm

The only bands I can think of that has the country feel is Volbeat, Bret Michaels/Poison and Bon Jovi has had some cross over are there any others? Is there a band playing metal with a country accent, steel guitars, banjos, and fiddles?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:46 pm

These are a couple videos from a joke band called "Travis Shredd & The Good Ole Homeboys", the mastermind/vocalist/guitarist was one of my college professors. They opened up for Weird Al a few times.

still pretty damn funny.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:20 am

I'd suggest the german band "The Waltons", they play as they call it "Cowpunk & Metal". Maybe not what you are looking for ?

Last edited by Locky on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:38 am

Wow those are all pretty good
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:27 am

I'm sure you've heard of Rebel Meets Rebel, right? The project between David Allen Coe and the late Dimebag Darrell.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:27 am

Joe wrote:
I'm sure you've heard of Rebel Meets Rebel, right? The project between David Allen Coe and the late Dimebag Darrell.

Awesome, if you like warbling retards singing.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 pm

hahaha, well he didn't say "good country metal bands." Razz

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 pm

NIce shout outs with Travis Shredd and The Waltons!! Quite enjoy both of these bands.

Hank Williams III has a "metal" band called Assjack that is quite good.

Here's Hank playing the Misfit stickered guitar with some Slayer and Sepultura:
https://youtu.be/mbPT9e16OsM

And again with a Pagan's Mind cover:
https://youtu.be/FgeUJ4QlYjI

And lastly Hank III shredding old school rebel punk country style!
https://youtu.be/S0pUv2n4EQI

The kid's got mad skills as a musician and songwriter!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:31 pm

What about Ghoultown? Definitely not metal, but they do get heavy.

Plus I'll use every opportunity to pimp these guys!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17066

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Zakk Wylde's (Pride and Glory) album had a country feel... but more Southern Rock overall.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Wow good stuff lots to check out Ghoultown is interesting The David Allen Coe is not too bad I did not know Dime did an album like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:37 pm

David Allen Coe is way too redneck/sexist/racist for me to be able to stomach.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 7:55 pm

The dude that did "Chicken and Biscuits" and some Hank III have some "metal" aspcts to it. Some yooungster who works as a laborer on the paver was listening to them at the campground.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 am

The Supersuckers released an country-flavored album, Must've Been High, and their later stuff has some country-tinged elements to it. Cowpunk is what the kids call it these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowpunk

Not sure if that's what you're looking for though. Might be more punk & rock, than metal.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm

I need to track me down some of that WALTONS stuff!!

I like a bit of Coe's early work..before his prison stint and racist albums...I also liked the REBEL MEETS REBEL disc.

The e.p. by THE SNAKEHANDLERS is a great cowpunk experience. That band features KIX guitarist Brian Forsythe. I think you can get it through CD Baby.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Thread cleaned up BIG time... let's play nice people...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Oooookay, this is what I get for trying to be nice. Thread LOCKED.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any country metal bands?   Are there any country metal bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any country metal bands?
Page 1 of 1