Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Metropolis June update

Go down 
+5
DallasBlack
Spiner202
krokus
ultmetal
kmorg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Metropolis June update Empty
PostSubject: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:00 pm

New reviews:

Annihilator - 'Remains'
HammerFall - 'Infected'
The Moshketeers - 'The Downward Spiral'
Sacred Warrior - 'Live At Kingdom Bound 1990'
Savage Grace - 'After The Fall From Grace / Ride Into The Night'
White Lion - 'Pride'
V/A - 'The Axemen'
V/A - 'A Tribute To The Creatures Of The Night'

Updated reviews:

King Diamond - 'Them'
King Diamond - 'Conspiracy'
King James - 'King James'

Let me know if you find any mistakes. (Other comments are welcome too Very Happy)

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Don't like The Moshketeers art? I'm surprised. I think it's far better than the original art and despite being computer generated, has a feel like those old 80's thrash covers. Regardless, it's a great album and I am so glad it's finally out on CD.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Good Hammerfall review. Can't wait to get that one myself. Are you and I the only two Hammerfall die-hards left? Metal Metropolis June update 604261

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Good Hammerfall review. Can't wait to get that one myself. Are you and I the only two Hammerfall die-hards left? Metal Metropolis June update 604261

I am left too. I still defend them and like their albums. I dont know about their new album yet, i still have to buy it.
Nice update!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:44 pm

I really like the HammerFall review. Even though I love them, I was pretty skeptical of the new album. Still, it turned out to be quite awesome (though still quite different).

By the way, I think everyone here would be interested in the album One by Full Force (featuring Stefan Elmgren and Anders Johannsson). It's already out in Europe but it comes out July 26 in North America. They've put one track on youtube and it's fantastic!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:59 pm

krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I am left too. I still defend them and like their albums.

Don't forget about me!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
Don't like The Moshketeers art? I'm surprised. I think it's far better than the original art and despite being computer generated, has a feel like those old 80's thrash covers. Regardless, it's a great album and I am so glad it's finally out on CD.

Love the album, HATE the art. I love Bill and all the work he puts into his releases. But artwork is one thing he need to let others handle! Very Happy

Spiner202 wrote:
I really like the HammerFall review. Even though I love them, I was pretty skeptical of the new album. Still, it turned out to be quite awesome (though still quite different).

By the way, I think everyone here would be interested in the album One by Full Force (featuring Stefan Elmgren and Anders Johannsson). It's already out in Europe but it comes out July 26 in North America. They've put one track on youtube and it's fantastic!

I'm only familiar with the first Full Force album, and that was quite bland. Didn't know they had a new one out.

DallasBlack wrote:
krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

See, we are not alone, Scott! Very Happy

Last edited by kmorg on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:28 am

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Love the album, HATE the art. I love Bill and all the work he puts into his releases. But artwork is one thing he need to let others handle! Very Happy

Bill had nothing to do with that artwork o.n that one whatsoever. It was all my doing. I hired the artist to design the cover and then I did all the scanning, layout, bio info, etc. No one from the label or the band helped at all. I couldn't even get anyone to write anything for the album, so I just did it all myself.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:32 pm

kmorg wrote:

Spiner202 wrote:

I'm only familiar with the first Full Force album, and that was quite bland. Didn't know they had a new one out.

You might be thinking of Full Strike which was Stefan Elmgren's solo project. This is actually a different band entirely, but I assume the writing is similar, so you might not like it if you didn't like Full Strike.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Bill had nothing to do with that artwork o.n that one whatsoever. It was all my doing. I hired the artist to design the cover and then I did all the scanning, layout, bio info, etc. No one from the label or the band helped at all. I couldn't even get anyone to write anything for the album, so I just did it all myself.

I did some investigation on the fellow doin' the art, and I am of course familiar with all of his other work. I've liked just about everything else he's done. But the computer animated dude on the Moshketeers reissue just looks aweful to me. don\'t know

Spiner202 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Spiner202 wrote:

You might be thinking of Full Strike which was Stefan Elmgren's solo project. This is actually a different band entirely, but I assume the writing is similar, so you might not like it if you didn't like Full Strike.

You are correct. I just assumed it was the same band Very Happy

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Whoa, I didn't realize that that was Gene Hoglan on the cover of After the Fall From Grace. That's my favorite Savage Grace recording, though.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 am

DallasBlack wrote:
krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Same here! I really like the new direction they're going in with these past two albums; it reminds me of the direction that Blind Guardian is taking (which I also really like).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:57 pm

I've been meaning to get those Savage Grace cds but have been dragging my feet about it. After reading those reviews,I really need to look into finding them and move them up higher on the want list.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 am

Great reviews as usual!

Loved the Hammerfall one
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:40 pm

007 wrote:
I've been meaning to get those Savage Grace cds but have been dragging my feet about it. After reading those reviews,I really need to look into finding them and move them up higher on the want list.

I own both of those Savage Grace re-issues and I can assure that they are more than worth your time and money! I like the two full-length albums A LOT better than the two EPs, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis June update   Metal Metropolis June update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Metropolis June update
Page 1 of 1