Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train

Go down 
+6
The_Jayroh
exact33
Louder
GrandNational
manny
tohostudios
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Empty
PostSubject: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 pm

I like what the conductor did.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110617/us_yblog_thelookout/woman-says-shes-too-educated-to-be-kicked-off-new-york-train
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 pm

The conducter had way more class then Ms Harvard did, plus that was great.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Nothing like publicly embarrassing someone for being an arrogant ass.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:18 pm

People no longer value humility, because stupidity is just so much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm

GrandNational wrote:
People no longer value humility

Or courtesy or common decency.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Louder wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Yes sir, you hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:04 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Louder wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Yes sir, you hit the nail on the head.

he sure did. Perhaps she should have used her eduction to think...

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:17 am

exact33 wrote:

he sure did. Perhaps she should have used her eduction to think...

Hehehe....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 am

People think they can do whatever they please these days. Our society runs on greed and selfishness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 am

It's pretty damn depressing to see how people act in public these days. No regard for anyone else but themselves.

I mean, I think it's rude as hell to be talking on a cell phone while I'm purchasing something from a cashier. I will put my caller on hold, say hello to the cashier and make my purchase, then thank them...then I'll continue my call.

That's common courtesy, but unfortunately they're going to have to start calling it "uncommon courtesy", because that's how rarely we ever see it anymore.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 am

I'm the same way, but have you noticed that while you're being polite, the cashiers are pretty much ignoring you? That really gets under my skin. If I walk up and say, "Hi, how are you?" and they don't even look at me and ask for my Stop & Shop card or whatever...yeah, that pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
I'm the same way, but have you noticed that while you're being polite, the cashiers are pretty much ignoring you? That really gets under my skin. If I walk up and say, "Hi, how are you?" and they don't even look at me and ask for my Stop & Shop card or whatever...yeah, that pisses me off.

You are one of about 1,000 people they've seen that day...most people don't try to be as polite as you...the cashiers go on auto-pilot.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
You are one of about 1,000 people they've seen that day...most people don't try to be as polite as you...the cashiers go on auto-pilot.
But it's their job; they're supposed to greet every customer. I understand retail, having worked it when I was younger, so I know it sucks dealing with customers. But when one makes it a point to be nice to you, there's no reason for you to ignore them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
]
I understand retail, having worked it when I was younger, so I know it sucks dealing with customers. But when one makes it a point to be nice to you, there's no reason for you to ignore them.

Well said !
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
But it's their job; they're supposed to greet every customer. I understand retail, having worked it when I was younger, so I know it sucks dealing with customers. But when one makes it a point to be nice to you, there's no reason for you to ignore them.

especially without you the customer, they have no paycheck. As Shawn said, people really dont care much about being nice anymore. It seems to be a lost art.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 pm

I blame this on the evolution of smartphones.

Remember the days when you could cruise down grocery store aisles without having to dodge people yakking on the phone?

Remember when you could drive more than 5 miles without seeing some idiot weaving all over the road and running lights because they had their ear glued to a cell phone discussing some inane drivel?

Remember when you could go to a movie theater, restaurant, or other public venue without hearing ringtones?

I absolutely HATE how frickin' important people think they are that they have to talk/text/tweet every damn minute of the day just so cyberspace "friends" know what innocuous things they're doing.

(and that wasn't even my RANT mode...)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I blame this on the evolution of smartphones.

Remember the days when you could cruise down grocery store aisles without having to dodge people yakking on the phone?

Remember when you could drive more than 5 miles without seeing some idiot weaving all over the road and running lights because the had their ear glued to a cell phone discussing some inane drivel?

Remember when you could go to a movie theater, restaurant, or other public venue without hearing ringtones?

I absolutely HATE how frickin' important people think they are that they have to talk/text/tweet every damn minute of the day just so cyberspace "friends" know what innocuous things they're doing.

(and that wasn't even my RANT mode...)

while technology has made some amazing advances, it is not all positives. I think people do not interact nearly as much as they used to - and that is not a good thing.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:12 pm

They definitely don't. And it's also making people dumber. Take the GPS for cars. Yeah, they're very cool...but they're not always right. If it's not right, my girlfriend simply cannot think for herself anymore. Without a GPS, she can't get anywhere. She has it on ALL THE TIME! Why? In case of detours. What the hell happened to following the detour signs? Or being crazy and using your brain?

Her defense is that she's always been horrible at finding her way, always getting lost and stuff. Okay, I definitely know some people are horrible at certain things, but I never used to get lost. Now, though, with a GPS? Yeah, I get lost all the time. Because I trust that stupid thing! And then it fails me. Haha.

Technology keeps us from thinking. I have friends that can't cook anything outside the microwave. They even heat water in the microwave! Jesus.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Ever read the short story "The Marching Morons"?

I read this story about 25 years ago and it scares me that we seem to be living it now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Take the GPS for cars. Yeah, they're very cool...but they're not always right. If it's not right, my girlfriend simply cannot think for herself anymore. Without a GPS, she can't get anywhere. She has it on ALL THE TIME! Why? In case of detours. What the hell happened to following the detour signs? Or being crazy and using your brain?

You are absolutely right about the GPS. I've had 2 incidents with 2 different friends who would not listen to me while I sat next to them to the destination we were headed to because I already knew how to get there yet both insisted on following what the GPS told them to do and it was clearly wrong. I was nearly gonna take over the wheel on one instance because the location was directly to our right, a place I'd been to at least a dozen times, but he took the left because the damn GPS obviously could not be wrong.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Just another example of Marching Morons.

Bring on the "ham bushes".

The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 am

Growing up in a town where everyone I know has a smart phone (which makes up for the user's intelligence (or lack thereof) apparently), a GPS for their $25k cars, and a house full of other neat gadgets, I feel this a lot. Personally, I don't have a cellphone or GPS, so people call me a caveman. Then I try to give them conventional directions to my house, and they get lost in a small, simply laid-out neighborhood for 20 minutes. Though I'm not entirely innocent, being on my computer a whole lot more than I should be, but hey, at least I know my way around my own hometown.

Aside from that, though, I think Einstein's quote: “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” is very applicable to this whole situation. We're just so used to convenience and ease of access that we barely have time for the inconvenience of other people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 am

I would agree to a large part - people panic when they lose their phones or leave them at home. My workplace is one big battery charging market now - you can find just about any charger you could ever want...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train   Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Educated To Be Kicked Off A Train
Page 1 of 1