Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
Hamer12
nevermore
DeathCult
Eyesore
troublemagnet
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:54 pm

The Sword/Kyuss show I saw on December 7th was AMAZING! Well worth 20 bucks!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Apparently, there's a legal battle pending (over the name), filed by former members.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:43 am

Troublezone wrote:
Apparently, there's a legal battle pending (over the name), filed by former members.

It was only a matter of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Here's the article, sounds like 'Kyuss Lives' didn't hold up their end of the negotiated business arrangement with Josh and Scott and tried to steal the rights to the name "Kyuss" behind their backs.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/03/josh-homme-scott-reeder-file-suit-over-kyuss-name-read-their-statement/

This sucks.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Next on hard rock soap opera. Hey, Sharon could emcee a show called that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Here's the latest...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kyuss-lives-respond-to-josh-homme-scott-reeders-lawsuit-20120521
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:56 pm

I have a feeling that the "Kyuss Lives!" guys are the ones telling the truth. Everything they said in the interview makes sense. Josh moved on with his own successful band, he should leave them alone and let them make a living playing for the fans that want to see them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:45 pm

KYUSS LIVES! is now VISTA CHINO
KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Vistachinoband2013_600

Audio samples of "Peace", the debut album from VISTA CHINO, the group comprised of two founding members of the legendary rock band KYUSS— Brant Bjork and John Garcia — and guitarist Bruno Fevery, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

"Peace" will be released on September 3 (one day earlier internationally) via Napalm Records. The cover artwork for the CD was created by the renowned California art collective The Date Farmers.

Commented Bjork: "The Date Farmers are native to the desert where we are from. It is an honor to work together with such prolific artists!"

"Peace" track listing:

01. Good Morning Wasteland
02. Dargona Dragona
03. Sweet Remain
04. As You Wish
05. Planets 1 & 2
06. Adara
07. Mas Vino
08. Dark and Lovely
09. Barcelonian
10. Acidize - The Gambling Moose

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Sounds suitably dirty and lo-fi. I look forward to checking out the album and hopefully be able to catch an L.A. gig.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I don't know what it is about Kyuss but I just can't seem to connect with them. On paper, they should be a home run. I like all kinds of other bands that followed in their wake. Not sure what the problem is.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't know what it is about Kyuss but I just can't seem to connect with them. On paper, they should be a home run. I like all kinds of other bands that followed in their wake. Not sure what the problem is.
Not sure either, I generally prefer them to most of the bands that followed.  Something about that amazingly fluid rhythm section and Josh's guitar sound (which came from using an Ampeg Bass amp instead of a guitar amp)...it was just a magical combination. If I had to pick just one album from the 90s to have in my collection there's a good chance I'd choose Welcome To Sky Valley.

I've enjoyed some of the post-Kyuss projects that Garcia has been involved in (especially Unida), but honestly none of them come even close to recapturing the original Kyuss vibe. I'm glad they changed the name, it really isn't Kyuss without Josh.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 am

Guys explain the name change. And as usual these days, it all comes down to money...

Quote :
Former Kyuss men Brant Bjork and John Garcia changed their band name to Vista Chino after concluding they couldn’t afford to fight former member Josh Homme in court.

The Queens Of The Stone Age mainman had previously offered no objection to the title Kyuss Lives when the pair reunited in 2010, but became unhappy when plans to record new music moved forward.

The result is that new album Peace has been released under the Vista Chino’s title – but Garcia says the entire process was “unnecessary.”

“Brant and I put up a pretty good fight. But in the United States, sometimes those with the most money win. We decided it was worth the initial fight; but it got to the point where we thought it would be much better to stop.

“The lawyers, the bills, took a little bit too much of a toll on us, and we said, ‘Look, we’re going to change our name.’”

Bjork adds: “When you get pulled into a lawsuit it’s not usually based on law or principle – it’s usually based on economics. He knew from day one that we didn’t stand a chance economically.

“John and I educated ourselves; I studied the law every day. But in the end we just couldn’t afford to move forward.”

Garcia insists: “We never tried to steal the name. all of a sudden, he thought that we were trying to steal the name, to trademark the name. And that was not true. We were never going to be called Kyuss. It was always Kyuss Lives.

“I think it could have been settled with one phone call, by Josh calling me and going, ‘Hey dude, change the name or I’m going to sue you.’ As simple as that. Brant and I don’t like parking tickets, let alone federal lawsuits. Who does?”

Bjork remains shocked that Homme and fellow ex-member Scott Reeder – who was briefly part of Kyuss Lives – chose the path they did.

“There was some manipulative technical moves that were made at certain times that just ensured that Josh owns it on paper,” he says. “John and I could technically beat him in court. We just don’t have the money.

“There was a time I respected them as musicians. But after something like this, I don’t have any respect for them. I think they’re shallow people. I think they’ve got serious ego problems, and they’re just all-around negative.”

“This lawsuit affected me and my family. I can’t tolerate that one any level. Scott Reeder and Josh Homme are two people that I just don’t recognise. I don’t believe in them at all.”

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm

That's the way it works in the music business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)   KYUSS LIVES!  (mostly) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KYUSS LIVES! (mostly)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2