Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Admiral of Black

Go down 
+11
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Wargod
holydiver97595
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Thrasher73
rawr!
GrandNational
Eyesore
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Admiral of Black - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well, after much deliberation and listening of samples, I've placed an order from CD Baby for the first time in loooooong time (03.10.08 according to my account history). I got this Admiral of Black album coming, along with 4 others from the $5 bin. Hope they have some staying power!

Which ones did you pick up MG?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Admiral of Black - Hands of Chaos
Alliance - Stand in My Way (melodic proggy/thrash)
Broken Ohms - Nocturnal Emissions (stoner rock)
Fused - The Obliquity of the Ecliptic (stoner rock)
The Stoned - s/t ep (stoner rock)

Along with some decent sound clips, they all received pretty decent reviews outside of cdbaby, so I thought it was about time. Funny though, when I looked back at my account history, of the last 11 discs I purchased (not including this latest order) only 5 of them remain in my collection. I hope I have a better track record with this batch. They're all more-or-less "blind purchases".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:30 pm

headbanger

What else did you get?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
Admiral of Black - Page 2 11840

What else did you get?

Just those 5 that I listed for now. I added a few to my cdbaby want-list, but I want to check 'em out a bit more before I commit to purchase. Plus there were a few that I considdered that I found cheaper (we're talking $.28 cents) on Amazon.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Admiral of Black - Page 2 11840

What else did you get?

Just those 5 that I listed for now. I added a few to my cdbaby want-list, but I want to check 'em out a bit more before I commit to purchase. Plus there were a few that I considdered that I found cheaper (we're talking $.28 cents) on Amazon.

Yeah,I've found that alot of times if you check Amazon,they'll have some of those for little of nothing.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Another thread made me remember these guys. Saw them open for Helmet in Chicago and they blew me a away. INSTANT FANBOY!!

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Realize that I commented on this thread 1 year ago today....But I am still a fanboy.  I cannot find any info that they have done a single thing about 2 years though.  Anyone have any info?  I am assuming, and would willingly bet, that their third album would be an asskicker by this point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 am

I'll have to break out Hand of Chaos again and give it a fresh spin. From what I recall, it was pretty sweet. Hope I still feel the same way a year of so later.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:19 am

Great band and my first listen from these guys was their song Bitten by a Rattlesnake that I purchased on Rock Band Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 am

Looks like these guys have put out another album. Or ep, I guess. 7 songs? Is that an album's worth or ep? Can we get a ruling on this?

Blood & Fire
Admiral of Black - Page 2 91kIaJ0IseL._SL1425_

I enjoy their first album, so assuming they didn't go all folk/electronic/death/accordion soft rock on this new release (2011!?!), I'll enjoy this one too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Looks like these guys have put out another album. Or ep, I guess. 7 songs? Is that an album's worth or ep? Can we get a ruling on this?

Blood & Fire
Admiral of Black - Page 2 91kIaJ0IseL._SL1425_

I enjoy their first album, so assuming they didn't go all folk/electronic/death/accordion soft rock on this new release (2011!?!), I'll enjoy this one too.

I still haven't picked up their second album. I should do that now since I thought the first was excellent.

As for whether or not it's an EP, I usually go by length. Varga's latest two, for instance, are just six songs each; but both are over 40 minutes long. To me, that's an LP.

Then again, is a punk album with 72 songs that runs for just 25 minutes an EP? Who knows! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Yes - it is killer. And a full length. Some of the tunes are epic.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I still haven't picked up their second album. I should do that now since I thought the first was excellent.

They only have Hand of Chaos and this new one, Blood & Fire. As far as I could find on their website anyway. Is there another album that I don't know about?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:04 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

Yes - it is killer.  And a full length.  Some of the tunes are epic.

Got any copies laying around? I'd gladly bid a penny for one.  Razz 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Those are the only two I know about. Wish they would record more.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Those are the only two I know about.  Wish they would record more.

Or maybe 2 cents? Sold both a couple months back. Definitely get Blood n Fire. Very heavy with gigantic power chords.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Why the hell did I quote myself?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

They only have Hand of Chaos and this new one, Blood & Fire. As far as I could find on their website anyway. Is there another album that I don't know about?

Oh. You're really late to the game then. Haha. If that's not a brand new album, then it's a few years old. And I still need to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:56 am

Why the hell did I quote myself?

Cuz you like talking to yourself! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Got both of these after hearing the songs above. Awesome band!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admiral of Black   Admiral of Black - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admiral of Black
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2