Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite tough guy/action hero?

Go down 
+18
mc666
DeathCult
Required Fields
exact33
chewie
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Schbopo
Joe
Leatherface
MoonChild
Ultimate.Nightmare
James B.
Jessrox
adrian
bassman
Nico
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Brian Bosworth
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap0%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Charles Bronson
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap2%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Jackie Chan
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap2%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Michael Dudikoff
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap0%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Clint Eastwood
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap23%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 12 ]
Bruce Lee
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap4%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Dolph Lundgren
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap6%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Chuck Norris
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap4%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap23%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 12 ]
Steven Seagal
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap8%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Jeff Speakman
 0% [ 0 ]
Sylvester Stallone
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap15%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
Jean-Claude Van Damme
 2% [ 1 ]
Bruce Willis
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap8%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
I don't like action films
Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_lcap3%Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 am

OK, who is your favorite action movie hero and why? You'll notice I didn't include Jason Statham or Jet Li in the poll because I was trying to keep it really old-school, and I did include a few lesser-known heroes who deserve to be discussed a little. I didn't include Wesley Snipes for instance because I felt he was too versatile, he's done a lot of different roles and I don't think of him as a straight-up action hero. Hell, I think including Bruce Willis in this poll was pushing it. I didn't include Tom Cruise for instance because he isn't an action hero, so please spare me the grief of having to answer such poser questions haha.

My personal favorite is without a doubt Steven Seagal!! Yes, he has done considerable damage to his legacy for quite a few years now, but from 1988 to 1997 he was THE MAN!!! The first words I would use to describe him would be tough, vengeful, charismatic, funny, merciless...I have a knack for doing impressions of him and find his quirks/mannerisms to be very amusing. His slick, cheesy lines are a trip because they always sound like what you'd expect to hear from him, and then there's his facial expressions (he has the most hilarious frown!). Of course, watching him beat the living crap out of bad guys is great fun, too (the ending of Out For Justice is a powerful example!) The Under Siege films, Hard to Kill, Above the Law, the aforementioned Out For Justice, etc. are some of the best action films ever and you can take that to the bank!

Second place goes to Chuck Norris. His movies were consistently entertaining throughout much of the '80s and again he had lots of charisma and hilarious one-liners.

Third place would go either to Dolph Lundgren (who I also like to impersonate) or Charles Bronson.

You guys think you're above the law. Well, you ain't above mine.

So cast your votes!
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:52 am

I have to go with Seagal on this one, his movies have just the right balance of cheesiness and butt-whoopin'. Jeff Speakman and Bruce Lee tie for second place.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 am

Now this post definitely deserves a cheers Glad to see Speakman get some recognition also. Deadly Outbreak and The Expert are excellent movies!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Steven Seagal. I've watched so many of his movies and even though most of them are pretty much the same basic plot, I always crave more!

Clint Eastwood deserves a vote too: Dirty Harry, the dollars trilogy, etc...

Ahnold also gets a vote, he's got so many movies that I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Jessrox
Metal novice
Metal novice
Jessrox

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Love me some Clint eastwood. He is the best stonefaced Killer ever. One of my all time favorite movies is ''The outlaw Josey Wales'' and ''The Unforgiven'' ''you a bounty hunter boy? a man has to make a living some how, dying ain't much of a living'' Steaven seagal is next and then Arnold and Bruce willis was KILLER in the Die hard movies and ''The last man standing'' was off the chizain!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Eastwood with Bronson close behind

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:58 am

Stallone. Hands down.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:15 am

Sylvester Stallone
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18982

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 4:48 am

Arnold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:05 pm

John McClane

Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:12 pm

I grew up with Jackie Chan movies, and I even met the guy once, so I'll go with him. I love Lundgren, Willis, and Stallone as well.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Clint Eastwood
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:36 am

Bruce Lee is a class apart though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:34 am

Geez, I like just about everybody on this list, but for sheer sentiment, I gotta go with Ah-nuld.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:48 am

I've seen movies by every one of those guys but Speakman (I have heard of him though). Eastwood would get the sentimental vote from for me although I think he never really looked like a guy who could beat you up (a killer with a gun in westerns/cop flicks though). Seagal movies are pretty cool but he gets disqualified because he runs like a girl. Guess I'll go with good old Arnold.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:49 am

007 wrote:
I've seen movies by evry one of those guys but Speakman (I have heard of him though).

Speakman's debut "The Perfect Weapon" was pretty good stuff. The guy couldn't act worth a lick but boy he could kick a$$. Shortly after that flick he slipped into Direct To Video Hell and last I saw he was still there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:49 am

Went with Clint.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Ah-nuld just like FF. I think his action movies for the most part have been classics.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
I've seen movies by evry one of those guys but Speakman (I have heard of him though).

Speakman's debut "The Perfect Weapon" was pretty good stuff. The guy couldn't act worth a lick but boy he could kick a$$. Shortly after that flick he slipped into Direct To Video Hell and last I saw he was still there.

He actually was in a few other movies before that, with at least one being a lead role.

The Perfect Weapon was a good martial arts movie, but the other movies I saw of his afterwards weren't martial arts films, but action films with a little martial arts and not nearly as good.

He no longer acts and is a teacher of martial arts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:31 am

Wow, that's one hell of a list, I like just about everyone on the list. I voted for Lundgren for purely nostalgic reasons. However Eastwood, Lee, Stallone, Arnold, Bronson, Willis & Seagal are all worthy of a mention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:34 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Wow, that's one hell of a list, I like just about everyone on the list. I voted for Lundgren for purely nostalgic reasons. However Eastwood, Lee, Stallone, Arnold, Bronson, Willis & Seagal are all worthy of a mention.

I will forever remember Lundgren for his role as The Punisher where he said all of 5 words the entire movie Smile

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I will forever remember Lundgren for his role as The Punisher where he said all of 5 words the entire movie Smile

Me too, that's one of my favorite movies. I also liked (even though it really is a terrible movie) Masters Of The Universe lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:54 pm

DeathCult wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Me too, that's one of my favorite movies. I also liked (even though it really is a terrible movie) Masters Of The Universe lol!

Masters of the Universe is a terrible movie - you got that right. Its up there will Mario Brothers...

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Stallone

Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:33 pm

DeathCult wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Me too, that's one of my favorite movies.

I like that one a lot, too. I actually saw it at Walgreens for $3.99 one time and I foolishly passed it up. My favorite Lundgren movie is undoubtedly I Come in Peace (aka Dark Angel), though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite tough guy/action hero?   Your favorite tough guy/action hero? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next