Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last Action Hero

Go down 
+7
Fat Freddy
Joe
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
ryanmetalman
A Handful of Wayne
11 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:06 pm

This is a pretty old movie I believe it was around 1994 when this came out? I thought it looked corney so I never went to see it or even rent it. I did however buy the soundtrack because of all the bands that are on it and I have to say some of those songs are probably my favorites by those artists. Its one of my favorite soundtracks right next to bill and teds bogus journey.

Tonight my friend suggested we watch this movie and I said what the hell. Well, I'm glad I finally watched it because it was actually really good and the funny parts were hilarious. My favorite part was where they went into a blockbuster store and the kid was telling jack slate that he's really Arnold Schwarzenagger and he shows him a picture of Terminator, but instead of Arnold being on the cover its Sylvester Stallone and Arnold goes "He's great in that movie" Last Action Hero Lol my friend and I were dying. Anyone else like this movie?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:10 am

I remember that. It came out the same year as Jurassic Park. It was the movie that was suppose to give JP a run for its money, but it didn't do so well...if I recall correctly.

Maybe it was where I was at, at the time, but I didn't care for it much then. I should probably see it again, just for that.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:43 am

I always loved this movie, and could never understand why it got picked on so much. It doesn't take itself so seriously, and that is what I love about it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:45 am

Back when side-plot-for-women-of-outsider-hero-guy-turns-unwitting-father-figure-to-kid-and-wins-over-the-mom movies were all the rage.

Pretty cool film. Last Action Hero Icon_razz The Terminator moment is classic, and it makes me miss when Blockbuster was cool.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:02 am

I like it!!! I saw it when it first came out
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 am

The reason this movie gets such a bad rap is because it was Arnold's next movie after T2. Kind of hard to follow a movie like that.

I remember that seen in blockbuster, too. funny stuff. I also like the part about the 555 phone numbers.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:44 am

I haven't seen it since it was first released on video back in the day but I remember enjoying it. But then, I enjoy most of Arnold's films.

There was much whoop-de-doo at the time about what a big bomb it was at the box office. If memory serves, it was even more expensive to make than "T2" and it was nowhere near the hit they expected it to be.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39554

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Joe wrote:

I remember that seen in blockbuster, too. funny stuff. I also like the part about the 555 phone numbers.

"That's why they have area codes." Last Action Hero Icon_smile Always thought it was pretty cool. A parody of the action films of the time yet in itself an action film. The soundtrack is great as well.I bought it as a new release.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Joe wrote:
The reason this movie gets such a bad rap is because it was Arnold's next movie after T2. Kind of hard to follow a movie like that.

hahaa yea that was funny too.

The whole movie was a spoof within itself I just don't think people got it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:44 pm

I liked the soundtrack better, AC/DC Alice in Chains, Megadeth
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:30 pm

I liked The Simpsons not-too-subtle jab at that movie and Arnold with their "McBain" character.

"Yea right, Magic Ticket, my ass, McBain". "Maria, I'm going out to cry in my humvee".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't seen it since it was first released on video back in the day but I remember enjoying it. But then, I enjoy most of Arnold's films.

There was much whoop-de-doo at the time about what a big bomb it was at the box office. If memory serves, it was even more expensive to make than "T2" and it was nowhere near the hit they expected it to be.

According to Wikipedia, the movie's budget is $85,000,000. T2 had a budget of $102,000,000.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

Last Action Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Action Hero   Last Action Hero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Action Hero
Page 1 of 1