Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you pick what you will listen to each day?

Go down 
+38
rawr!
jstate
metalhead777
Gilbert
325ad
nevermore
BillRoxx
stepcousin
kmorg
MoonChild
SAHB Healer
Leatherface
Joe
Stender
shamgar75
DallasBlack
bassman
James B.
adrian
Wargod
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
krokus
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
manny
Thrasher73
snooloui
mc666
chewie
GrandNational
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
exact33
SpectreFate
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I usually listen to the ones I recently purchased,then I'll pick a few for the week that I havent listened to in a while

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:
...so like if I pull out a a black flag shirt sunday morning good chance ill be listening to everything black flag til next sunday.

So you wear the same Black Flag shirt all week long too? Ewww. Crusty. Very Happy

yeah pretty soon people are demanding me to get new music. Smile Actually thats how it works, its a scheme to get free music..ha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^^ WAY too complicated for me. Shocked ^^^

me too. Ill normally select 10 cds and take them to work with me.

325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 pm

My Mood decides it for me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:57 pm

One thing I do when making a playlist of albums I hadn't heard in a while, is while using my media library I pick random letters of the alphabet in the artist section and see what is in that letter. For instance I'd hit 'V' then pick a Van Halen album, then hit 'H' and pick a Hammerfall album and so on until I have enough albums to last the work day.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:11 am

It depends on the mood and on the online reviews i read.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:47 am

I also like the playlist thread here because it reminds me of stuff I havent heard in awhile. I think the really nice thing is we have a lot of variety of music that people here listen to.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:01 am

I usually get into a recent purchase. Then it just depends on the style it was. Say I bought a black metal album,I would want to listen to more black metal.

or If i just got done listening to sigh I'll go listen to some Black sabbath or some 70's-80's rock like that.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:45 am

Quote :
One thing I do when making a playlist of albums I hadn't heard in a while, is while using my media library I pick random letters of the alphabet in the artist section and see what is in that letter. For instance I'd hit 'V' then pick a Van Halen album, then hit 'H' and pick a Hammerfall album and so on until I have enough albums to last the work day.

Glad I'm not the only one who does the alphabet system. I try to just pick one letter for the day. I started doing this to get more things into the listening rotation. Gives some of those neglected albums a chance. And it works perfectly for the ipod too. I've also started breaking down the days or listening situations into different genres. Monday morning cardio is an alt-rock selection. Tuesdays are thrash days. And so on. I have to admit it has eliminated a lot of my musical ADD.

Of course the mood for an old favorite or a new find will over-ride thses "rules".
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:09 pm

if i feel like listening to new music ill usually listen to each bands discography, in chronological order of release, though sometimes i save unofficial releases or demos for last. if im just touching up a discography ill only listen to the new material usually. if im listening to music ive already heard, ill listen to whatever album or discography i feel like hearing, especially if its something stuck in my mind. usually ill listen to genres in clumps, but sometimes it varies completely (while other times i listen to one genre all day). i try to listen to new music every day.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Ah we are an anal lot, aren't we? lol!

I usually choose things according to mood. I drive about 30 minutes to and from work, so I can get through about a CD a day in the car. I'm a teacher so I can't really listen to CDs or my iPod while I'm working, though I do listen to stuff during my free period. When I get new CDs, I generally listen to them in the car via a strict routine. I listen to each twice through to get a good feel for it, then move to the next disc. 2 times through for that one and so on. When I get to the end of the new CDs, I listen to them all again on CD changer in my car, then move on.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm

I've been lazy with my playlists and have been focusing mostly on one artist:

Wednesday: Alice Cooper
Thursday: Axel Rudi Pell
Friday: Jon Oliva
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:56 pm

My mood lately. Just got separated so A LOT of Gotthard, mostly "Human Zoo". Then other times Seventh Avenue and Grave Digger. But mostly my mood.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm

I have quite a few CDs I haven't listened to in a very long time. I really want to rediscover and enjoy CDs I already own, so I recently downloaded a free software program called "the hat" to help me. I copied and pasted the titles of all my CDs from a spread sheet on to a text file and loaded the text file into the hat. Now, whenever I want, I can randomly draw a CD out of the hat, and that CD is my album of the day.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Depends on what I'm in the mood for when I wake up. Then I'll just grab some stuff at random that fits that mood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:03 am

My wife picked up the latest FIREWIND for me, simply because she liked the band's name Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:05 am

Wait, what's that got to do with the topic? scratch
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Ultimate.Nightmare wrote:
My mood lately. Just got separated so A LOT of Gotthard, mostly "Human Zoo". Then other times Seventh Avenue and Grave Digger. But mostly my mood.

good mood!!

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:50 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
I have quite a few CDs I haven't listened to in a very long time. I really want to rediscover and enjoy CDs I already own, so I recently downloaded a free software program called "the hat" to help me. I copied and pasted the titles of all my CDs from a spread sheet on to a text file and loaded the text file into the hat. Now, whenever I want, I can randomly draw a CD out of the hat, and that CD is my album of the day.

after I digest the new stuff, I need to go back and pull out some stuff I havent heard in awhile.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you pick what you will listen to each day?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3