Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you pick what you will listen to each day?

Go down 
+38
rawr!
jstate
metalhead777
Gilbert
325ad
nevermore
BillRoxx
stepcousin
kmorg
MoonChild
SAHB Healer
Leatherface
Joe
Stender
shamgar75
DallasBlack
bassman
James B.
adrian
Wargod
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
krokus
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
manny
Thrasher73
snooloui
mc666
chewie
GrandNational
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
exact33
SpectreFate
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:17 pm

manny wrote:
This week at my house Iron Maiden has playing alot on rotation, inspired by the kick ass show, sadly Black Tide did not inspire me enough to revisit the only disc I have by them.

Black Tide sucked big time!!!!!! I wanted to yank those things out of his ear lobes!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
This week at my house Iron Maiden has playing alot on rotation, inspired by the kick ass show, sadly Black Tide did not inspire me enough to revisit the only disc I have by them.

Black Tide sucked big time!!!!!! I wanted to yank those things out of his ear lobes!!!!!

I didn't hate them as much as you did but they should have opened for My Chemical Romance, Nickleback or some other modern rock band and not a classic metal band like Iron Maiden, also the drummer was horrible!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:25 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

I didn't hate them as much as you did but they should have opened for My Chemical Romance, Nickleback or some other modern rock band and not a classic metal band like Iron Maiden, also the drummer was horrible!

Is this the new direction that they have been talking about that they've gone in?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
lol! It's not as bad as it reads. Now that I've set it up, it's a breeze and fun.

I'm intrigued by your system. Although I've read through it 3 times now and I still don't know how it works. Still interesting though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:30 pm

chewie wrote:
manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Is this the new direction that they have been talking about that they've gone in?

Must be. Their debut was a good traditional sounding metal album. By most accounts, they've changed directions to a more Avenged Sevenfold style.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
chewie wrote:
manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Must be. Their debut was a good traditional sounding metal album. By most accounts, they've changed directions to a more Avenged Sevenfold style.

Sounded like boring emo hard rock to me, far from Metal. They opened with Hit The Lights and totally butchered it. At the Ft Lauderdale show, the singer tried to get the crowd to do the "wall of death" and split down the middle. Yeah, that is going to work with the Iron Maiden fan club member who won First To The Barrier and had their spot on the rail (including me). Some of them (not me) flicked off the singer when he did that. They tried to act all bad a$$ and it didn't work out too well for them. They threw pics into the crowd and they the crowd threw them back - lol!!!!!!! They tried handing out free CD's to the folks at the barrier and no one would take them!!!! They ended up throwing them into the crowd...

At the Tampa show, they cut the antics and didn't try the wall of death... They all must have been thinking "o sh*t" when they saw the same people from the fan club up front again - lol!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm

chewie wrote:
manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Yes they went a new more modern rock direction, they opened with their cover of Metallica's Hit the Lights and closed the show with Warriors of Time which were two bright spots in their set, but the rest of the set was your standard radio fodder.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:28 pm

If I have anything new, I rip it to my laptop and then burn it onto a disc and it goes out to the car with me and the other 150 or so discs out there. I have made comps of stuff I like and then the new albums. When I've had enough of those, they get pulled and new stuff goes in. My daily commute is about 100 miles so I have lots of time to listen. Also, my girlfriend lives 5 hours away from me so I listen to discs the entire way to her place.

I mostly choose music based on mood. I usually listen to a disc over and over and then get tired of it and set it aside. I try to give each new album a number of listens before I send it back to the racks. Also, I put most of the stuff on my Ipod for listening around the house. The Ipod is hooked up to my Bose speakers.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Well for me it's quite simple it is basically new stuff I've ordered which is quite abit.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Every morning I just stop for a minute and search my cd collection for 2-3 cds that sound good for the day. Those are what I listen to in my car, but at home I just randomly choose whatever appeals at the moment. But whenever I have a new cd, I generally choose that one.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:07 pm

mood

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 pm

manny wrote:
chewie wrote:
manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Yes they went a new more modern rock direction, they opened with their cover of Metallica's Hit the Lights and closed the show with Warriors of Time which were two bright spots in their set, but the rest of the set was your standard radio fodder.

Bummer! They seemed promising............
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:11 pm

I generally go with a particular genre for the day, whether it be power, thrash, death, prog, or whatever. I will then choose CD's from the rack and hit the road. I drive anywhere from 100 to 300 miles a day at work so I have plenty of time to listen. My work truck has both a CD player and an MP3 jack so I can either take CD's or use a memory card in my smartphone.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Random. When I set my playlists for the next day I either pick my newer additions and albums that I haven't listened to in a while. Occasionally I'll throw in some favorites. However, sometimes, like today, I will listen to stuff I am most familiar with (so I can sing along) when the mood arises. I tend to stick to the heavier and or more upbeat music at work as to keep up my energy. For instance, I like goth metal but it tends to suck out my energy when I'm trying to hustle.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:53 pm

manny wrote:
chewie wrote:
manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

I will say that they were better at the Tampa show than the FLL show
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Random - I never know what I want to listen to until I put the headphones on or play it on the stereo.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Its pretty random but its usually almost always centered around an entire bands discography, than ill move to another band and than do the same thing. Ive talked about this before I think, but I actually pick the music I jam sometimes based off the band shirt I pull out to wear at the beginning of the week...so like if I pull out a a black flag shirt sunday morning good chance ill be listening to everything black flag til next sunday.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Stender wrote:
...so like if I pull out a a black flag shirt sunday morning good chance ill be listening to everything black flag til next sunday.

So you wear the same Black Flag shirt all week long too? Ewww. Crusty. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:49 pm

My Creative Zen has the majority of my collection on it. I can pretty much listen to whatever depending on my mood. My newest Cds sometimes fall by the wayside if I'm to lazy to rip them on my computer, and then load them on my Zen.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Just whatever mood I'm in. It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:49 am

While commuting I tend to listen to new purchases. When I get to work I have four small Ipods loaded by genre, and which one I pick depends on my mood. I listen to some more than others at certain times of year. The Ipods are set up as my own personal radio stations I guess. I let them play randomly. I'm the program director and the Ipod is the deeJay. Here are the contents of each Pod.
1. Acid Rock, Psych & Hard Rock ('67-73)
2. Lost Classic Rock late 70's (stuff rarely if ever heard on the actual radio)
3. Melodic Rock & Prog from the 70's & 80's
4. Hard Rock & retro from the 90's & 00's

they each have from 1000 to 1500 songs programmed.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:05 am

James B. wrote:
mood

Same here headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:27 am

Pretty random here also. I just recently startet to take my mp3-player to work, and discovered that I can pretty much listen through everything on it during a work day (yeah, I've got an old one that only holds 1GB). At first I loaded it with random songs, but now I put in full albums to listen through instead. What I pick is just stuff I feel like listening to. At home I moslty listen to music on my computer, and there I listen to CD's I am writing about for my website, or new CD's I just bought.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:25 am

It depends. If I'm in the mood for vinyl, I'll choose about 10 or so LP's and try to hear 'em in the next few days. If I buy new vinyl, then I'll make a mental note to play them very soon.
If I buy a new cd or two, I'll play 'em in the car and those usually last a couple days worth of driving.
At work I listen to my MP3 players and I try to listen to music I dont know very well but want to know better. Or I'll go on a major kick with a certain band and try to hear as much of their catalog I can, including live albums and a handful of boots. Then I'll be tired of that band for a short while.

Or I'll be on some forum or message board (like this one) and certain discussions will get me to dive into a band. For example, the other day I was goofin' around and went to Ult's No Life 'Til Metal CD Gallery (shameless plug...) and was reading about Metallica and next thing I knew I was off on a Metallica kick for about a week.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 am

I usually put on my iPod then listen to newer albums first.
Or if I read a review or something someone posts in here I might go grab it off the shelf.

Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you pick what you will listen to each day?   How do you pick what you will listen to each day? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you pick what you will listen to each day?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next