Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!

Go down 
+3
GrandNational
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
7 posters
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Empty
PostSubject: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:49 pm

I hadn't seen anything mentioned about this, but it looks like Andreas Kisser (Sepultura) will be joining Anthrax for 9 shows this summer:

JULY
2 Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany (Big 4 show)
3 Ullevi, Gothenburg, Sweden (Big 4 show)
5 Komplex AG, Zurich, Switzerland
6 Fiera Open Air Arena, Milan, Italy (Big 4 show)
8 Sonisphere Festival, Knebworth, UK
9 Sonisphere Festival, Amneville, France
11 Garage, Saarbrucken, Germany
12 Vega Musikkenshus, Copenhagen, Denmark
14 Slottsfjell Festival, Tonsberg, Norway
15 Dour Festival, Dour, Belgium
16 Zwarte Cross Festival, Lichtenvoorde, Netherlands

Scott Ian is going to be by his wife's side when she delivers their first child.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/03/18/scott-ian-issues-statement-about-sitting-out-july-anthrax-shows/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:54 pm

I heard about that. It should be interesting... Even if he plays Scott Ian's parts the same it will still sound different.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Not a bad substitute. I like Andreas, as good as the subs Slayer recently employed.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Should bring a little different edge and attitude to Scott's usual parts, interesting choice for a substitute. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:20 am

Wasnt Andreas suppose to be the replacement for James Hetfield in the early 90's when he got burned on stage, but for some reason they got some other guy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:42 am

Storm_Rider89 wrote:
Wasnt Andreas suppose to be the replacement for James Hetfield in the early 90's when he got burned on stage, but for some reason they got some other guy

I believe it was John Marshall from Metal Church (who was also serving as James' guitar tech at the time) that filled in for him while James was injured. Never heard about the Andreas rumor.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Storm_Rider89 wrote:

I believe it was John Marshall from Metal Church (who was also serving as James' guitar tech at the time) that filled in for him while James was injured. Never heard about the Andreas rumor.

Actually John Marshall was the guitar tech for the band when James broke his wrist twice involving skate board incidents. The second one happened before a show in Evansville, In in June of 86, which sidelined James rhythm playing duties until what ended up being Cliff's last show w/the band September 26th, 1986. I happen to have this show, and the previous night's show where James played sparingly that night (John Marshall's last show).

In the summer of 1992, John was already a full fledged member of Metal Church, but he knew enough of the back catalog (which included everything from Master on down). He just had to come up to speed with the material from "Justice" and the "Black" album. From what I understand, I don't think there was ever another choice regarding who the fill in was going to be, as James wanted to limit the amount of cancelled shows (which I believe were rescheduled for the most part) with "Guns & Roses" and "Faith No More" (after the pyro accident).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 pm

I have an interview w/Sepultura in a magazine somewhere, where he talks about almost getting the fill-in guitar gig with Metallica.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have an interview w/Sepultura in a magazine somewhere, where he talks about almost getting the fill-in guitar gig with Metallica.

Really? Wow, everything I ever read/saw from James made it sound like John Marshall was pretty much approached the day after the incident in Montreal.

I know that Newsted would have loved that, as he was a huge Sepultura fan. Each band member had choices of special guests to bring for one and done shows at Lollapalooza in 1996, and it was stated that Jason wanted Sepultura for one of the gigs. If you look inside the "Load" album, you can see Jason sporting a Sepultura hoody.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:49 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Really? Wow, everything I ever read/saw from James made it sound like John Marshall was pretty much approached the day after the incident in Montreal.

If I can dig it up I'll post the info. If memory serves, Andreas made it sound like it was no big deal, he happened to be in the area anyway so they invited him to come down and "jam" for a day or two, they had some fun, then he went on his way and John Marshall was brought in.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!   Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andreas Kisser playing w/Anthrax this summer!
Page 1 of 1