Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Empty
PostSubject: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 am

I took a gamble last night and picked this up, a blind buy, and I am sure glad I did. I spun it numerous times last night, and it just might be my favorite of the new wave. POWERKILLER is actually their second album, and it was released last year. Their debut, METAL VENGEANCE, was released in 2008, but it must not have been widely available. The good news is that it is being re-released at the end of this month. Do yourselves a favor, and pick these up. They list Priest and Maiden as some of their inspirations and you can hear it.

Here's a couple of clips, check 'em out!!!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 pm

The lead singer's voice reminds me of someone else, but I can't put my finger on who he sounds like.

Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 pm

One of the excellent Heavy Artillery releases of the last time, like Sign Of The Jackal, Spellcaster, Volture, etc. Great old-school Metal.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm

I just got Sign Of The Jackal - The Beyong yesterday.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:47 am

Sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:54 am

I really enjoy the cover arts of the new wave of trad metal bands.

So eighties headbanger
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:12 pm

I agree with you gilbert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)   Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evil Survives - Powerkiller (NWOTHM)
Page 1 of 1