Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bronx Casket Company

Go down 
+5
James B.
MetalRob331
nevermore
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bronx Casket Company Empty
PostSubject: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am

Bronx Casket Company 220px-Bronx_Casket_Co

Any fans of this side-project from Overkill's D.D. Verni? I have their first 2 discs and I just broke them out again recently to give them a fresh spin. I'm not usually into the goth/Type O Negative vibe, but these guys put a different twist on things to keep me interested. Gothy-doomy goodness!!

I've lost track of these guys since then, but I see they've released 2 other albums, Hellectric (2005) and just recently, Antihero (2011). Any opinions on these last 2 releases? Any radical departures in sound or style from the first 2 albums? If I read correctly, the original vocalist is gone and D.D. is now the main voice on Antihero. If I like first 2 those, would I dig their newer material?

What say you?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Not a big goth fan either, but I like them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Not a big goth fan either, but I like them.

Yea, I read your review of Hellectric. Sounds like it's not too far off from their others, so I should like it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:29 pm

I had the first 2 albums at one point. I really didn't listen to them a whole lot and ended up trading them off.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Great band and def need to get up to speed on their last two releases..
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Killer name...the flavor isn't on of my 31 though.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Great band and def need to get up to speed on their last two releases..

Hey......... Wassup! Where have you been? Glad to see you back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:16 am

I have a copy of Hellectic on the way. Bronx Casket Company 25679

Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:41 pm

I've only got Antihero. Went into it thinking "why would there ever be a need for another 'My Way' cover?" but I LOVE it! Bronx Casket Company 438278

Still haven't checked out the whole CD though. Can say that the Antihero title track is just a bit too perky for the lyrics, or too perky in general, but it definitely goes up from there. The next 2 songs, Bonesaw & You Look Like Hell are much better!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:32 pm

I bought the first record years ago when they first came out but it didn't stick with me. Do they still have the same singer? I didn't like the guy on the first album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:08 am

I believe it's the same singer on the first 3 albums, Myke Hideous. On their latest , Antihero, it appears that DD has taken over the lead vocal spot. I have not heard that one, so I have no opinion on his voice.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am

Been meaning to check this band out for awhile due to the Overkill connection, but have never gotten round to it yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Been meaning to check this band out for awhile due to the Overkill connection, but have never gotten round to it yet.

It's way, way far removed from the speedy thrash of Overkill. Think more Type O Negative. Judging from the responses here, it's not everyone's cuppa tea, but I enjoy the 2 I own.

EDIT: I now own and enjoy 3 of their releases.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:47 am

I dig some Type O Neg (their first two albums anyway) so if it's in the vein of say, BLOODY KISSES era TON then it might be up my alley.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bronx Casket Company   Bronx Casket Company Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bronx Casket Company
Page 1 of 1