Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM March '11 Update

Go down 
+15
DeathCult
JBall_Z
BillRoxx
Tur-Thalion
bassman
Stender
thejokeriv
mr.electric39
Wargod
metalinmyveins
mc666
chewie
kmorg
krokus
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:15 am

DeathCult wrote:
You need more Obituary, tsk tsk

Nice updates though.

I had more Obituary at one time. I just got tired of death metal for a while and was trading off some of it for other stuff I wanted. However, I've been getting back into some of it again. Looking to get some more Six Feet Under as well. Really like their primitive death metal style.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:35 pm

metalinmyveins, you got me on a Genesis kick now!

Started re-writing reviews for other CDs too. Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
metalinmyveins, you got me on a Genesis kick now!

Started re-writing reviews for other CDs too. Very Happy

Sweet. Yeah, I've decided that my next three C.D purchases will have to be "Trick of the Tail", "Wind & Wuthering", along with "...And Then There Were Three". I never really understood how important Steve Hackett was in Genesis until now. I see why both Banks and Rutherford view "Wind & Wuthering" as one of the top two albums in the Genesis discography. It's a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:55 pm

I got into a Genesis kick recently did their entire history on FB by posting a video a day on FB last week, it was great picking a song from each album and seeing how they evolved.

BTW excellent job on your page as always ULT and plan to re-read your Genesis reviews this week
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 pm

BTW ULT when is the last time you listened to 'Calling All Stations' your review was short and to the point, I seem to be only Genesis fan that not only loved that album but wish they had continued with Ray Wilson, just wondering if your opinion has changed since the time you wrote this review.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:00 pm

manny wrote:
BTW ULT when is the last time you listened to 'Calling All Stations' your review was short and to the point, I seem to be only Genesis fan that not only loved that album but wish they had continued with Ray Wilson, just wondering if your opinion has changed since the time you wrote this review.

I can't remember the last time I listened to that album, but being that I am on a Genesis kick, I'll probably pull it out and re-evaluate it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:46 am

General question for Ult and Kmorg

Have either of you ever taken down an album or review from your sites after going back later, listening to it again and thinking "Wow, this album stinks. Why do I have it on here?"

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:09 am

I have removed stuff from my site. I had Satan's Host on my site for a while, but traded the CD, so I removed it. I also had a big Obituary page at one time, but grew bored with death metal for a while and traded them, so I removed them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:11 pm

I have removed stuff that I have sold too. My Aerosmith and Ace Frehley pages, f.ex., are much "smaller2 now than they used to. In the case of Ace Frehley, I have regrets, and have slowly started to rebuy his albums.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 pm

That's a really small guitar in the Night Ranger picture
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Nice updates though.

I had more Obituary at one time. I just got tired of death metal for a while and was trading off some of it for other stuff I wanted. However, I've been getting back into some of it again. Looking to get some more Six Feet Under as well. Really like their primitive death metal style.
i still say, you need to listen to Asphyx. they'd be right up your alley, death metal wise anyway.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Nice updates though.

i still say, you need to listen to Asphyx. they'd be right up your alley, death metal wise anyway.

Will do. Thanks.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 am

Sinbreed is missing from the collection.

OH, i am awaiting your review on the new Annihilator, as well as 7 sinners
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 am

Gilbert wrote:
Sinbreed is missing from the collection.

OH, i am awaiting your review on the new Annihilator, as well as 7 sinners

I don't have any of those yet. Sorry. Wish I did.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:22 am

Ult, have you ever checked out the BulletBoys?

While I can't speak for all of their albums, the debut and follow-up are some really decent Van Halen-inspired hard rock. You can find them both dirt cheap on Amazon.

I just broke both of those discs out for a fresh spin. I forgot how much I enjoyed them.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 pm

BulletBoys? Yes. I have several of their CDs up for review.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
BulletBoys? Yes. I have several of their CDs up for review.

Then the link is missing from your main page. I see Budgie, Bullet and Burning Starr but not BulletBoys.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:37 pm

No, I mean, I have several of their CDs WAITING to be reviewed. They are not on the site yet.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Scott, I know you got The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute before, and said you weren't all that impressed by it. Have you ever got hold of Deloused in the Comatorium or The Bedlam in Goliath? Those are less crazily experimental.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
Scott, I know you got The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute before, and said you weren't all that impressed by it. Have you ever got hold of Deloused in the Comatorium or The Bedlam in Goliath? Those are less crazily experimental.

Actually I thought Frances the Mute was ok, but I got it from LaLa and it didn't have a cover or insert, so I got rid of it. Wouldn't mind getting it again sometime.

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '11 Update   NLTM March '11 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM March '11 Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2