Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHAKE WEIGHT

Go down 
+7
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Required Fields
Joe
tohostudios
bassman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Anybody ever try one of these things? I see the ads on TV all the time and my wife got me one three days ago as a surprise. I've been lifting weights for twenty years and can handle a pretty decent amount of weight but this stupid little contraption kicked my butt in 6 minutes. It only weighs 10 pounds but there's something about that weight moving back and forth that really works you over. We'll see how effective it is in the long run, but for now, I think it's a good upper body workout.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:58 pm

I've thought about getting one of those myself.

I too have lifted weights for years (not nearly as much now that I'm an old fart as I did 20 years ago). I was thinking about adding that to my home gym in the basement.

Keep us posted on your opinion.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:43 pm

I've been curious about that thing as well. However, it reminds me too much of a vibrator. So I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm

All I can think of is the South Park episode. You guys know which one I mean...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 pm

When i first saw the commercial i thought it was a joke. The motion of the exercise looks too much like a hand job. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:10 am

I prefer the old fashioned way which I will start doing soon. Also because I already have weights that have until now just collected dust. I need to start working out some because despite my joking in the picture thread I realize I have to convert a lot of this fat because it will just get worse if I do nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 am

Required Fields wrote:
All I can think of is the South Park episode. You guys know which one I mean...

Laughing very hard

I sure do - great episode!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
When i first saw the commercial i thought it was a joke. The motion of the exercise looks too much like a hand job. Laughing

Saturday Night Live did a parody of that commercial which commented on the similarity. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:51 pm

I've been curious about it too though it does look odd.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:11 pm

bassman wrote:
Anybody ever try one of these things? I see the ads on TV all the time and my wife got me one three days ago as a surprise. I've been lifting weights for twenty years and can handle a pretty decent amount of weight but this stupid little contraption kicked my butt in 6 minutes. It only weighs 10 pounds but there's something about that weight moving back and forth that really works you over. We'll see how effective it is in the long run, but for now, I think it's a good upper body workout.

To be honest it looks ridiculous, but I will take your word that it works. My brother and I goof on the T.V commercial whenever it comes on. I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing what it could do for someone's upper body. Right now, I use 30 pound weights, and go through 5 different workouts regiments. I also do 150 push ups a day off an exercise ball and do 500 crunches.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:14 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
bassman wrote:

To be honest it looks ridiculous, but I will take your word that it works. My brother and I goof on the T.V commercial whenever it comes on. I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing what it could do for someone's upper body. Right now, I use 30 pound weights, and go through 5 different workouts regiments. I also do 150 push ups a day off an exercise ball and do 500 crunches.

It's crazy! I never expected it would be so physically exhausting to use a 10 pound weight for 6 minutes. I normally use 25 -35 pound weights and do a variety of exercises with them, presses, flys, curls, extensions,you know. I max bench 385 and yet this silly looking shaky thing wipes me out. I've been using it for 3-4 days and can already tell a difference in my chest and shoulders.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Sold!

I've got 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 and 85 lb dumbells that I use. I also have a massive Precor eliptical in the middle of the room. I could use a nice little compact item like this in my workout room.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Sold!

I've got 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 and 85 lb dumbells that I use. I also have a massive Precor eliptical in the middle of the room. I could use a nice little compact item like this in my workout room.

Not trying to sell anyone on it, just think it's cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:12 pm

bassman wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Sold!

Oh c'mon...you have stock in the company don't you?

Seriously, I'd been think about trying it anyway just to shake things up (pun intended).
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
bassman wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Sold!

Oh c'mon...you have stock in the company don't you?

Seriously, I'd been think about trying it anyway just to shake things up (pun intended).

No, I have no investment with them but now that you mention it I might have to think about adding it to my portfolio.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Here's a shot of my workout room in the basement before I got the 85 pounders.

There's also a curling bar with two 25lb plates and two 10 pounders.

SHAKE WEIGHT DSCN1040
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Love the Godzilla poster! I wish I could have a set up like that. My bench sits out on my balcony. Sad

someday

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:57 am

I just bought a work out bench recently (damn thing took me almost an hour to assemble it-the nuts had to be practically jammed onto the bolts). I will keep it on the back porch when I'm not using it and hopefully, I WILL use it. I will be starting a work out regimine once I get used to my 10 hour work days.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:46 am

tohostudios wrote:
Here's a shot of my workout room in the basement before I got the 85 pounders.

There's also a curling bar with two 25lb plates and two 10 pounders.

SHAKE WEIGHT DSCN1040

That's a sweet set-up, wish I had a room like that at my house. Instead I have a room full of toys and dolls and assorted stuff for my girls. Oh. well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Saturday Night Live did a parody of that commercial which commented on the similarity. Laughing

Really? I'll have to look for it on youtube. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:46 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Really? I'll have to look for it on youtube. Laughing

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/saturday-night-live-shake-weight-dvd

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Just got back from the store with one of these.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:47 pm

I think I get high and jerk off enough to compensate for owning a shake weight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I've had this thing for 2 days now and here are my first impressions:

Using this thing is better than doing nothing but if you're a gym rat or musclehead, it's probably not worth your time.

For me, this makes a nice supplement to my usual lifting routine because it makes me utilize muscles that I don't normally work and it makes me work in a new way the muscles I do usually work.

So, given the $20 price tag, I'd say it's a nice addition to my routine. But the claim that you can get a body like the people in the video just by using this thing is total BS IMO.

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:55 pm

What a let down. SHAKE WEIGHT 19976 Actually, those ads are so bogus. Like the ab ones where the models are totally ripped all due to 6 minutes on the ab rocker or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SHAKE WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHAKE WEIGHT   SHAKE WEIGHT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHAKE WEIGHT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next