Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house

Go down 
+14
mlotek
chewie
sheets
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Stender
nevermore
thejokeriv
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Smindas
Fat Freddy
manny
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Empty
PostSubject: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Former Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Di’Anno could be jailed – thanks to YouTube.

According to the Daily Mail, Di’Anno falsely claimed benefits of £45,000 under the pretext of suffering nerve damage in his back which prevented him from working from 20002 to 2008.

However, he was caught out when he posted up a video of himself playing live in 2006.

Di’Anno, who was charged under his real name of Paul Andrews, admitted to eight counts of benefit fraud at Salisbury Crown Court.

The judge warned him that he should prepare to go to jail.

He’ll be sentenced on March 11.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:21 pm

That sucks... but I seem to remember him talking about doing some time in the past so this will be nothin' new...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

He always looked like a convict... lol!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Does he make a few beans from the sales of the first two Iron Maiden albums to keep him out of trouble, or maybe not seen he only wrote a handful of songs and nobody buys CD's anymore
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Saw this a few days ago. Not really sure how Di'Anno thought he could get away with claiming benefits whilst still actively touring. What an absolute spanner.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

He must've thought he could......Run Free? lol!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:59 pm

if he's guilty, then i'm glad he got busted.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Glad I saw him while I had the chance, he probably won't be allowed back in the US to tour - jail time tends to keep some of these bands from touring the US.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Not the smartest move on his part.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Glad I saw him while I had the chance, he probably won't be allowed back in the US to tour - jail time tends to keep some of these bands from touring the US.

wow, yeah me too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 am

Never cared for Paul.

Always prefered Bruce...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm

nevermore wrote:
Not the smartest move on his part.

You got that right. It reminds me of those "Worlds Dumbest" shows where a guy claims permanent disability for a back injury then the insurance company video tapes him jumping sharks on water skis. Laughing

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:35 am

I was reading through some of his book "The Beast" and he admitted to a few crimes... I don't know if he made them up (for the book), but it's like a guilty confessional.

He presents himself as a rebel and law breaker, so i'm not surprised that he got caught.

BTW, I didn't know his real name was Paul Andrews... I guess you learn something new all the time. Laughing

Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:
He presents himself as a rebel and law breaker, so i'm not surprised that he got caught.

Seems like a lot of his Iron Maiden songs were about dodging police for some reason Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:52 pm

sheets wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Seems like a lot of his Iron Maiden songs were about dodging police for some reason Smile

He guess he won't be Running free for very long
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm

manny wrote:
sheets wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He guess he won't be Running free for very long

He needs Sanctuary from the law.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Oh Well, wherever, wherever you are,
[English Insurance Fraud] gonna get you, no matter how far.

Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house 778825

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:04 pm

I have back problems, similar to a co-worker, who has had his back diagnosed the same as Dianno's,sciatica.
I don't have a doctor yet to diagnose exactly what I got, but because of other ailments, I am covered.

I can tell you, if Dianno is like me, one day you can feel on top of the world and kicking ass, then the next, hobbling around like you are 90 years old.
It comes and goes, so him getting charged with fraud is a lot of bull in my eyes.

It is also rumoured he is a long time drug addict, suposedly heroin, I'm unsure if he started H out as a leisure drug, or for his back pain, but if he is locked up, if he is not given a cure, then prison will probably kill him.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:43 pm

It seems like Paul D'ianno has never been in a good place, since the days of those first two IM albums. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:21 am

manny wrote:
Former Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Di’Anno could be jailed – thanks to YouTube.

According to the Daily Mail, Di’Anno falsely claimed benefits of £45,000 under the pretext of suffering nerve damage in his back which prevented him from working from 20002 to 2008.

However, he was caught out when he posted up a video of himself playing live in 2006.

Di’Anno, who was charged under his real name of Paul Andrews, admitted to eight counts of benefit fraud at Salisbury Crown Court.

The judge warned him that he should prepare to go to jail.

He’ll be sentenced on March 11.

hmmm I got to meet him back in June 09 and really nice guy
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house   Paul D'ianno might be going to the big house Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:46 am

Grimmo wrote:
It seems like Paul D'ianno has never been in a good place, since the days of those first two IM albums. don\'t know

It's a shame, because there was actually a time Paul tried to build a post-Maiden career, and the first two Battlezone albums, Fighting Back & Children of Madness, as well as Killers - Murder One, are great Heavy Metal albums, and I strongly recommend these to any fan of Traditional Metal. Sometime after the mid 90's he seemingly gave up trying to establish himself as anything other than that ex-Iron Maiden vocalist, with the exception of the Nomad solo album which got good reviews. Really a shame, because Paul do, or at least did, have talent, and also can be a good guy when he's in the mood as well. Didnt know his real name was Paul Andrews either. And no, he doesnt even earn from Maiden anymore, as he sold his royalties years ago, if himself is to be believed. He once jokingly said him re-recording Maiden songs if anything makes Steve Harris even richer.