Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question for a KISS fanatic

Go down 
+9
James B.
bassman
ZetaReticuli
MetalGuy71
nevermore
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

A question for a KISS fanatic Empty
PostSubject: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Any idea what year this promo photo is from?
A question for a KISS fanatic Paulpromophotosession1wd

Can't say that I remember this costume.

Yes, I know, I'm a Kiss geek!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:39 pm

I wanna say the DYNASTY era but that's just a wild guess on my part.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:48 pm

It has to be the Dynasty era, when it was ad's where calling it the 'new era of KISS' or something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:52 pm

I threw up a little in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Question I don't think I've ever seen that costume either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 pm

If it's not Dynasty then it is a promo shot for his first solo album. That's probably why you have never seen that costume.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:30 pm

The boots are Love Gun era for sure.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm thinking more around the '77 or '78 time frame. The jacket and the boots look like something Paul wore around the time of Love Gun.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Looks very disco-esqe to me, so the Dynasty era would seem to make sense.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Dynasty era was more like this:
A question for a KISS fanatic M6BD

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I just took a wild guess @ "Dynasty" era cuz of the "Saturday Night Fever" lookin' white pants, and the pink background. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 pm

According to this site, it looks like it might be from around the solo albums. Spec wins the prize!!

http://www.kissfanshop.de/PaulStanley/costumesPaul1977-78USA.htm
A question for a KISS fanatic Paul77c

Quote :
Picture J shows a different costume used for a few photo shoots around the release of the solo albums. It was a pair of black and silver tights with a broad leather belt with studs

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Do I win a prize for being right? Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Do I win a prize for being right? Wink

You get to trim Paul's chest hair. Don't forget to pluck out the grays. Wink

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 pm

That's uhh.. quite a pose. Very homoerotic.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:41 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
That's uhh.. quite a pose. Very homoerotic.

That was Paul's thing in the 70's. He was a lover. A 'star'. He always gave off that homoerotic vibe. It was part of that whole glam/New York Dolls/David Bowie thing.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Can you imagine Paul's mom showing that picture to her friends? I can see it now.... That's my Paul, isn't he a good-looking boy? I'm so proud of him and his friends and their little band. I just don't know why they have to be so loud all the time. Cool
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:32 pm

I was looking for this certain photo of Ace and Paul together circa 75' and found this photo that I hadn't ever seen before.

A question for a KISS fanatic Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz99dATgM15j7e57qXQI5I6nTRynNRIUN8BUfTQj1CT2UMPCCe

A question for a KISS fanatic Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShvonB8jdXuxEXhmG_TqnCTI_TLtuc2_06tAZtxmqT9-sRq6CfLlal1ZjGOg

A question for a KISS fanatic Early-kiss

Last edited by James B. on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Here is the photo I mentioned...kinda/sorta ? I had a poster of a different up close angle

A question for a KISS fanatic Kiss_ace_and_paul_on_double_neck_guitar_poster_pri-p22829291484325430489z5x_400

Playin the intro to "Rock Bottom"

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 am

Last night, i was watching ROLE MODELS on DVD with my wife .

When the song LOVE GUN started, my kid (who's still inside his mom) began to kick hard.

I'm sure he'll be a great kiss fan headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Guess what album this was a rough draft from:

A question for a KISS fanatic Love_g10

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Creatures?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Creatures?

Nope

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Oh OK. Love Gun. I see it now.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Oh OK. Love Gun. I see it now.

A question for a KISS fanatic 25679

PostSubject: Re: A question for a KISS fanatic   A question for a KISS fanatic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question for a KISS fanatic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next