Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Empty
PostSubject: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Just read this. I knew they would continue and it would be kind of silly if they didn't with the success that they have had in Switzerland. I'm really surprised they haven't gotten to the states yet. Hopefully they can find someone good enough to replace Steve.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153202

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Hm...I wonder how I get my name in THAT hat... scratch

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 pm

It will be interesting to see if they find someone similar or go in a different direction.

and shawn - we would not show Gotthard any of those pics until after you get the gig!

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:03 am

I hope this works for them but that's some big shoes to fill.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:27 am

I saw this on sleazeroxx the other day. Steve's going to be tough to replace.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I saw this on sleazeroxx the other day. Steve's going to be tough to replace.

absolutely. He gave the band a real identity.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
It will be interesting to see if they find someone similar or go in a different direction.

Yea I'm thinking the same thing too. In a way it would be cool if the guy could be similar but then again it would seem like he's just a clone kind of like Journey has done for so long. Whatever though these guys are better than Journey

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Yea I'm thinking the same thing too. In a way it would be cool if the guy could be similar but then again it would seem like he's just a clone kind of like Journey has done for so long. Whatever though these guys are better than Journey

Gotthard and about a gazillion other bands are better than Journey IMO. Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Gotthard and about a gazillion other bands are better than Journey IMO. Razz

toho secretly plays Journey's Greatest Hits every night but wont bring himself to post it in the What You are listening to thread Smile

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Yea I kind of had a feeling he was a closet journey fan. Its ok. I thought they were corney when I was younger. About a year or 2 ago I thought what the hell lets give Journey a chance and I ended up eventually liking them. So its ok you can tell u.s

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Yea I kind of had a feeling he was a closet journey fan. Its ok. I thought they were corney when I was younger. About a year or 2 ago I thought what the hell lets give Journey a chance and I ended up eventually liking them. So its ok you can tell u.s

and PRD and I wont laugh at you toho..

..... much Laughing very hard

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Yeah, his shoes are going to be hard to fill because he had such a unique voice. I too like Journey but I like The Storm (started by two former Journey members) more even though they only released two albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Yeah, his shoes are going to be hard to fill because he had such a unique voice. I too like Journey but I like The Storm (started by two former Journey members) more even though they only released two albums.

Steve Perry is looking for a band... hhmmmm....

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 pm

I love Gotthard but I absolutely, unabashedly HATE Journey and most bands even tangentially associated to them.

THe one one exception being The Babys. I like them but the fusion of John Waite and Neil Schon in Bad English has to be one of the worst examples of a band being foisted on America by corporate radio. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I love Gotthard but I absolutely, unabashedly HATE Journey and most bands even tangentially associated to them.

THe one one exception being The Babys. I like them but the fusion of John Waite and Neil Schon in Bad English has to be one of the worst examples of a band being foisted on America by corporate radio. Ugh!

we believe you... we really do Rolling Eyes

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:26 pm

For future reference, don't EVER get me started on Journey.

I'd actually rather listen to Dave Matthews.

You've been warned.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:

You've been warned.

Razz

so you wont be coming to see Journey touring with Dave Matthews Smile

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm

I really hope Gotthard finds a suitable lead singer.

Steve is going to be hard to replace but I love their songwriting.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

You've been warned.

Razz

so you wont be coming to see Journey touring with Dave Matthews Smile

I think what he means is when it comes to Journey he goes a "Seperate Way". If you read between that, it really means that he's got Journey underoos.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:

You've been warned.

Wait a minute. So what you're saying is that you hate Journey? Am I right in assuming that? I think that's what you're conveying but I don't want to jump to conclusions here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Dude, Toho once got ignored by Perry when he tried to get him to sign his chest. He's been bitter ever since.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee 201269

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Dude, Toho once got ignored by Perry when he tried to get him to sign his chest. He's been bitter ever since.

and then shouted 'Honestly' as Perry walked away from him!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee   Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotthard will continue without Steve Lee
Page 1 of 1