Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did I miss this ?

Go down 
+5
Dave the Boss
Leatherface
EvyMetal
metalheaded
bassman
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did I miss this ?   How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 pm

It's been a while since I have heard those 2 albums but I listened to "Parallels" recently and definitely thought he was pitchy at times on there.

Arch is strained at times do but that doesn't mean that I don't think he's amazing.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: How did I miss this ?   How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
bassman wrote:
I had Disconnected for a while but traded it away, the vocals were killing me. Being used to such high quality vocals from this band I couldn't take the sub-par, pitchy, strained sound on this disc. Some more heaviness mixed with the complexity of Perfect Symmetry would be sweet in a new release. A DVD would be pretty cool, too.

You are insane...that is all.

Sorry, Shawn of Fire. I know you yourself are a singer, as am I. But there is no comparison between the vocals on Perfect Symmetry and those on Disconnected. He does not sound like he has any confidence in his note choices and just doesn't sound comfortable to me. Maybe that's the effect they were going for and I just missed it.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: How did I miss this ?   How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Well, I agree with bassman on this one. And the music itself didn't do much for me on "Disconnected" or "X" although I thought APSOG was very good for what it was.

Thanks for the backup on this, ToB. Maybe I'm not totally crazy after all.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: How did I miss this ?   How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:35 pm

bassman wrote:
That's crazy! .81 cents for the whole album, I got robbed at the pawn shop paying 5 bucks for it. Doh!

The link should have taken you to the 2nd CD of just
unreleased demos of the songs on the album, don't think you
can buy that in any store. Maybe amazon, I don't know.

For the record, I ALWAYS buy the cds to the music I download for
the case and cover, and for just the respect I have for the bands. I do like the downloads for the quality though. Most of the CDs you buy now are terrible quality.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: How did I miss this ?   How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
bassman wrote:
That's crazy! .81 cents for the whole album, I got robbed at the pawn shop paying 5 bucks for it. Doh!

The link should have taken you to the 2nd CD of just
unreleased demos of the songs on the album, don't think you
can buy that in any store. Maybe amazon, I don't know.

For the record, I ALWAYS buy the cds to the music I download for
the case and cover, and for just the respect I have for the bands. I do like the downloads for the quality though. Most of the CDs you buy now are terrible quality.

I prefer the physical CD to the download and when I do download I always pay for it. NO STEALING!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: How did I miss this ?   How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 pm

bassman wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Well, I agree with bassman on this one. And the music itself didn't do much for me on "Disconnected" or "X" although I thought APSOG was very good for what it was.

Thanks for the backup on this, ToB. Maybe I'm not totally crazy after all.

You're both crazy...but it's OK. lol!

PostSubject: Re: How did I miss this ?   How did I miss this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did I miss this ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2