Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan Bingham

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Ryan Bingham Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Bingham   Ryan Bingham Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 pm

So, you can't get much farther from metal then this guy. Kind of a mix of Dylan, Kristofferson and Steve Earle. I can get into what was called outlaw country like Waylon Jennings and this has some of that feel. My wife likes country and I have to work hard to find some that doesn't make me want to kill small animals but this guy gets me humming along. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ryan Bingham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Bingham   Ryan Bingham Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm

That's actually not bad.

But then, I like stuff like Steve Earle, Jason and the Scorchers and Georgia Satellites. This doesn't sound too far removed from that IMO.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Ryan Bingham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Bingham   Ryan Bingham Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 pm

I've been singing the praises to this cat since his "Mescalito" album came out....

And if you like him...check out a few guys named HAYES CARLL, DON CHAMBERS and SHOOTER JENNINGS.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Ryan Bingham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Bingham   Ryan Bingham Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 pm

this is interesting. I think I might have to listen further...

Ryan Bingham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Bingham   Ryan Bingham Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 am

I'm a huge Steve Earle and Shooter Jennings fan. I'll have to check out the others.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Ryan Bingham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Bingham   Ryan Bingham Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 pm

In looking up some Black Crowes stuff, it seemed that Marc Ford produced his 1st album and played on a couple of his other ones. He recorded a version of "The Other Side" for his Weary And Wired album... I liked that one...... maybe I'll check this Bingham feller out.

His son Elijah Ford is one of the Dead Horses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ryan Bingham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Bingham   Ryan Bingham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryan Bingham
Page 1 of 1