Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Album from Sweden's Graveyard

Go down 
+6
Wargod
Planchaaaa
Thrasher73
nevermore
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Empty
PostSubject: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Sweet!!

Quote :
Nuclear Blast Records has announced the signing of the Swedish occult rock outfit GRAVEYARD. The band's new album, "Hisingen Blues", is scheduled for a late March release.

Drawing influences from by all sorts of guitar-driven music, GRAVEYARD delivers it all — along with stunning imagery and a pure, authentic attitude.

Commented Nuclear Blast head of A&R Andy Siry: "We are honored to be working with GRAVEYARD from now on! These guys are the most unique and amazing band the so-called retro rock scene has to offer, although GRAVEYARD are MUCH more than this.

"Keep your caps peeled — GRAVEYARD is upon us. 2011 will be the year of the 'YARD!"

Added the band: "It feels great to work with such experienced and dedicated people as the Nuclear Blast crew. Awesome!! It's a label that's founded by old-school tape traders that obviously are good at what they do, since NB is one of the few big independent labels that manages not only to survive, but to expand in today's difficult music climate."

For more information, visit [url=http://www.myspace.com/graveyardsongs.
www.myspace.com/graveyardsongs.[/quote[/url]]

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:04 am

Can't wait for this one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 am

YAY!

Now to get Witchcraft to hurry up and record another album...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:36 am

Super-duper. Love their debut.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 pm

I've been meaning to check this band out. Thanks for the clip, Eyesore!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Good stuff,Love that retro sound
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 pm

I've been lucky enough to see these guys live on two different occasions. They have REAL chemistry and can improv successfully in an almost telepathic fashion.

...and that is a rarer quality than people think.

Love them.

Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:24 am

Their debut is one of my favourite albums of the past decade. I played it do often it became embedded in my dna.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm listening to the new one now and I love it, great 70's retro sound done to perfection.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 am

Bump for new album info...

Graveyard's new album Lights Out hits the streets on Oct. 26th in Europe and Nov. 6th in North America.

Watch the video for the first single 'Endless Night' here...

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/10/25/graveyard-endless-night-video/

I liked their debut very much, but the follow-up, Hisingen Blues, fell a little flat for me. I should dust that one off and give it a fresh spin. Hope this new one fares better.

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am

There was a review of this album in the newest issue of Enterainment Weekly. I thought that was interesting...they don't really ever review albums like this.

They review a lot of pop, indie and classic rock bands. Well, I think they did actually review Mastodon before, so maybe it's not that weird.

They gave this album an A, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Here is a short article in Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/swedish-rockers-graveyard-write-what-they-know-on-new-album-20121106?fb_action_ids=10151183838898122&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

I listened to the album once on Spotify, nothing really jumped out at me on the first listen, it's very noisy like the second record...very 70s garage band sounding. I'll give it another listen when I'm more in the mood for that style.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 pm

I gave their last album Hisingen Blues some spins this week to see if anything jumped out at me or re-kindled some interest. That didn't happen and it also failed to spark any curosity for the new album. For now anyway. Bummer.

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 pm

I feel basically the same way at the moment, I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually but so far I don't feel the need to run out and get this.

The new Witchcraft was so good I'm set for awhile on retro.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:17 am

Bump for new album info...

New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Graveyardinnocencealbum

Quote :
Swedish rockers GRAVEYARD will release their fourth full-length album, "Innocence & Decadence", on September 25 via Nuclear Blast. The CD was recorded at Atlantis Studios in Stockholm, Sweden with Janne Hansson (ABBA, THE HIVES, OPETH) and Johan Lindström (TONBRUKET).

"Innocence & Decadence" will be released in various formats (vinyl look digipak, digital download, black/clear/splatter/orange/green/bi-coloured vinyl as well as a t-shirt/CD bundle).

I lost interest in these guys after their 2nd album, but I'll sample this new one and see if anything grabs me by the short & curlies.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 10:11 am

New video...

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 11:47 am

I listened to the first minute and turned it off. I haven't liked anything they've done since their original songwriter left after completion of the debut album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:36 pm

I lost interest awhile ago too, but I thought I'd keep posting about them in case anyone else might be curious. The first album was cool, but after that, meh.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Cool cover art.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Hisingen Blues was the last album I bought.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:50 am

Graveyard has called it quits...

Quote :
After going through a period of "struggling and juggling with personal issues," Swedish rockers GRAVEYARD have officially called it a day.

The band — which most recently consisted of guitarist and vocalist Joakim Nilsson, guitarist Jonatan Larocca-Ramm, drummer Axel Sjöberg and bassist Truls Mörck — released four full-length albums, the latest one being 2015's "Innocence & Decadence".

The band says in a statement: "Dark clouds above the graveyard today. Due to the all-so-classic reason 'differences within the band,' the GRAVEYARD is, as of today, officially closed.

"This is the unfortunate final decision we've had to make after going through a period of struggling and juggling with personal issues. Things have gone out of hand and now our energy is very low.

"As a direct result of this, we're sorry to say that all scheduled touring is canceled.

"GRAVEYARD have always been more about the music than the talking and that approach is the way we intend to deal with this situation also.

"What we can say is that we don't know if and when the GRAVEYARD will re-open and return in full force.

"Stay tuned, stay awesome and no endless night in sight."

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Graveyard is back...

Quote :
In a new statement on Facebook announcing GRAVEYARD's return, the band wrote: "Living isn't always easy and playing in a band doesn't tend to make the noble art of living well any easier.

"Things weren't working and in the end a change in the lineup was the only option for our return.

"GRAVEYARD's journey will continue with a yet to be named new future drummer and the reasons behind this change of scenery are something that we don't want, wish or will comment on. We're gonna leave it be with Axel's own words: 'Word on the street is that there is a job opening in the drummer's section.'

"We wish Axel all the best and you can follow his next move with his already set to fly new outfit BIG KIZZ. We'd also like to apologize to each and every one of you out there for putting you through these uncertain GRAVEYARD times.

"With that said, we're beyond glad to announce that as of today the GRAVEYARD is officially re-opened for business. Albums will be recorded, shows will be played and all of this hopefully for a long, long time to come."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Well, that was quick. Haha.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 2:34 am

Eyesore wrote:
Well, that was quick. Haha.

Same thing I thought
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Album from Sweden's Graveyard   New Album from Sweden's Graveyard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Album from Sweden's Graveyard
Page 1 of 1