Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New BELIEVER album...

Go down 
+20
metalhead777
ultmetal
Shiney
DallasBlack
metalken
shamgar75
Tur-Thalion
Stender
Gilbert
adrian
AchrisK
bassman
rawr!
nevermore
Lurideath
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 am

here's the cover and tracklisting, taken from Blabbermouth
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154323

"Transhuman" track listing:

01. Lie Awake (5:03)
02. G.U.T. (3:39)
03. Multiverse (4:44)
04. End Of Infinity (4:12)
05. Transfection (3:55)
06. Clean Room (4:50)
07. Currents (2:50)
08. Traveler (4:23)
09. Ego Machine (4:29)
10. Being No One (4:47)
11. Entanglement (4:15)
12. Mindsteps (6:52)

New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Believertrans
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:07 pm

that looks like the lady from Star Trek: The motion picture...

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Can't wait....
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:37 am

Anyone heard this yet? What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:41 am

I haven't ordered it yet. It's getting pretty universally trashed on the internet. Even at the CMR people aren't gushing over it like you'd expect.

voxis wrote:
if i had one word to describe this cd it would be "blah" i mean it's ok imo. but i've never been a huge believer fan anyways. i do prefer it over dimensions and like what they did with the vocals. the first song is my favorite.

strangerhoncho wrote:
Listened to half of the album so far. It's interesting. I would never in a million years identify it as Believer if I didn't know it was them already. Even so, I like it a little more than Gabriel. Still nowhere near as good as their old albums, though.

Bits and pieces remind me of Tool, Gojira, Cynic (most recent), Voivod, various radio-friendly screamo bands, Cave In, Mantric, and so forth -- without sounding like any of those bands. It's just in the same world of slightly progressive, slightly pop but slightly off-center heavy music.

325ad wrote:
Musically and Lyrically this band Sucks. Sorry that is my Opinion - Do not like the BioEthical related Lyrics at all which at times boarder on Evolutionary Principles and UnProven Theory. The Music is like that of Gabriel and Dimension.

Both my least favorite of the Believer Albums. Gabriel was better than Transhuman but Transhuman is better than Dimensions, which in my Opinion is still the worst of all Believer albums.

However, here is a glowing review:
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/42917/Believer-Transhuman/

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:40 pm

I dont know - I think i will have to listen to it more.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Well...i think its better than gabriel....I hyped that up so much expecting a thrash album and ended up with some thrash influenced prog metal. angry
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:41 pm

So far the samples arent thrilling me too much.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm

It comes down to expectations...if you expect "old" Believer (which, even back in the day they progressed and morphed) you're going to be disappointed. If you expect musicians to make msuic they like, you'll at least understand it even if you don't like it.

Anyone who thought they would put out Thrash albums upon their reunion weren't paying attention the first time around...

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Ive only heard the one song I posted above so far, but I think the riffs are rad and overall a cool song...I think the chorus vocals that sound "core" or whatever they were going for, are kinda lame. Hopefully theres not a whole lot of that on the rest of the album.

It seems like the christian community is pretty unhappy with the lyrics, I think it was kinda like that with Gabriel too. I dunno..I find these lyrics to be alot more positive and complementing to how I think now though.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:10 pm

By the way if someone bought it already and didnt like it, lets trade! ha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:21 pm

I like it in a weird way... It's strange like the band Cynic.

When some bands try new things it is too far removed or boring... but Believer are still expanding on their sound like they had since the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am

I've heard 3 songs so far from this and I don't find it appealing at all. Seems that they have gone in a different direction and are merely a fragment of what they once were. The songs are written well, the riffs here and there I have heard are ok, but I was expecting more of Gabriel mixed with the older stuff.

I would like to hear the rest of this, but I just don't see me liking it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:57 am

I'll be honest, based on what little I've heard of Believer over the years, I never really quite understood all the whoop-de-doo about this band in the first place. That sample Stender posted above isn't doing much to make me want to investigate further, either....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'll be honest, based on what little I've heard of Believer over the years, I never really quite understood all the whoop-de-doo about this band in the first place. That sample Stender posted above isn't doing much to make me want to investigate further, either....

the earlier stuff was just really good technical thrash metal. Sanity obscure is still amazing in every way to me. most fans sort of lost interest because they slowly became more progressive metal.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:06 pm

I like it. It doesn't quite sound as "compressed and mdoern" as "Gabriel" did. Kurt's vocals are clean and cool. The riffage is mighty. I like it...It's more of what I had expected their actual comeback album to sound like.

Sadly, I got no guest spot on this one.

Sad

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Yea so far I haven't listened to the whole thing but I got up to track 6 and I have really liked it. I think mainly because of the vocal change. I always liked them but sometimes the vocals didn't sit well with me. I can see why a lot of fans wouldn't like this album because its very different from their older stuff, this is pretty mellow. maybe its why I like it.

The song that got me into this band was Dies Irae. I thought the female vocals were something used more often in the band. I couldn't find their albums at the time though so I had no idea what else their stuff sounded like. Then I heard The Trilogy Of Knowledge which also had female vocals in it and that just blew me away. When i finally came across Dimensions I was a little dissapointed that the only song I really liked was the Trilogy. I still kind of feel the same way. They never blew me away, but they do have those few songs that do blow me away and thats why I keep up with them. I like that they dont feel like they always have to make the same album too which is why I think I like the new album so far.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:49 pm

I listened to the whole album last night and am still trying to make up my mind whether I like it or not. I think I need to listen to it again. I thought "entangelement" was good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:06 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

the earlier stuff was just really good technical thrash metal. Sanity obscure is still amazing in every way to me. most fans sort of lost interest because they slowly became more progressive metal.

Musically they definitely got their stuff together, but I've always found the vocals vaguely irritating. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but they do.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Musically they definitely got their stuff together, but I've always found the vocals vaguely irritating. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but they do.

I know where your coming from. Kurt is one of those love or hate vocalist. You either love those raspy thrash vocals or flat out want to drive nails into your ears. I must say the vocals on gabriel were pretty disappointing in my opinion but the change is for the better now.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Shiney wrote:
Sadly, I got no guest spot on this one.

Sad

Maybe NEXT time BUDDY!! cheers
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 am

Finally received my copy of Transhuman. This is a very different Believer, that is for sure. This is a musically challenging and creative album that cannot in any way be described as traditional or as thrash. Anyone else?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 am

ultmetal wrote:
Finally received my copy of Transhuman. This is a very different Believer, that is for sure. This is a musically challenging and creative album that cannot in any way be described as traditional or as thrash. Anyone else?

Is it something you see yourself listening to 5-10 years from now once the "new release" hype dies down?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Is it something you see yourself listening to 5-10 years from now once the "new release" hype dies down?

Hard to say really. I really wonder if I would have given this album this much spin time if it wasn't Believer. I mean, if this would have been a release by a new band, I really don't think I would have tried so hard to like it. It's definitely a grower. Can't really say how it will fare over the long haul. I still pull out "Gabriel" once in a while.

PostSubject: Re: New BELIEVER album...   New BELIEVER album... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New BELIEVER album...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next