Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Believer Album

Go down 
+14
Follower of Jesus
Tall Tyrion
arttieTHE1manparty
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
AchrisK
kmorg
fishingd
stepcousin
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
mc666
TH Joe
18 posters

Favorite Believer Album
Extraction From Mortality
Favorite Believer Album Vote_lcap62%Favorite Believer Album Vote_rcap
 62% [ 16 ]
Sanity Obscure
Favorite Believer Album Vote_lcap23%Favorite Believer Album Vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
Dimensions
Favorite Believer Album Vote_lcap15%Favorite Believer Album Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

Favorite Believer Album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 1:53 am

What's your favorite Believer album?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 2:15 am

most people will say Extractions, but Sanity Obscure is my personal fave. it was the first i'd heard of them, so it's mostly sentimental.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 8:27 am

Extraction from Mortality! GREAT straight forward thrash album. Subsequent albums were great as well, but much more technical and experimental.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 9:11 am

I always swing back and forth on which I like more. Today, I said Sanity Obscure. Tomorrow, I could quite easily pick Extraction.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 9:26 am

Sanity Obscure.

TH Joe: Multiple choice Yes No
You probably always mark "yes" here, right?
Well, you shouldn't haha Smile
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:32 am

EFM by a smidgen.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 am

Extraction From Mortality all the way..
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 pm

First one

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 3:34 pm

1. Extraction from Mortality
2. Dimensions
3. Sanity Obscure
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 2:59 pm

I cant pick between Extraction and Sanity obscure,I like them both equally .
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Extraction for sure.

I got to hear a pre-release that one of the pure metal guys got from REX. Same distributor at the time. My buddy Dave and I were blown away....

Then when I got to see them at C-Stone that same year.... Man... Those were some good times and tunes.... totally cool guys too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:58 pm

Extraction then Dimensions, though I love all three.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Extraction for me. It doesn't get much heavier in the world of christian metal.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Extraction
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Sanity Obscure - easily.

1. Sanity Obscure
2. Dimensions

-gap-

3. Extraction
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:28 pm

1. Extraction from Mortality - it rocks so hard. The riffs and the chords in that album were sweet.

2. Sanity Obscure - this one is really good as well. Dies Irae is classic as well as Stop the Madness.

3. Dimensions - definitely technical, although the Trilogy of Knowledge is simply perfect.

That being said, THEY ALL ROCK!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:38 pm

"....and the Christian rock?........ Resurrected!"

Wink

Me? I bought the first one - it was O.K.

I bought the second one - I liked it less....

So I bought the third one and hated it.....

I would pop them in once every year or so thinking they'd grow on me.

About two years ago I sold them. I'd come to the point where I don't hang onto stuff that doesn't appeal me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:03 am

I like all three but voted for Sanity Obscure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:29 am

I picked Extraction From Mortality. I favor the rawness of that one best. The others were equally good, but I tend to love straightforward, high-octane thrash more than technical ability alone. That's why Dimensions would be my 3rd pick. I was fortunate to see them on EFM...

BELIEVER
Tuesday, February 20, 1990
Knights Of Columbus Lodge
Raleigh, NC

Some of you may have read my comments before on other websites, but since I'm new here, I'll repeat them. This show was a bit strange in a way. I had never heard the band before the show, and only ended up going just by chance. I happened to see a listing in the local entertainment paper a couple of days before the show. I loved thrash of all kinds, but was really unaware that there were Christian bands performing it. I ended up going by myself. There wasn't even an opening band. In retrospect I always found it odd that they'd play at a lodge, but perhaps that's the only place they could rent out. It was sponsored by some church group. I remember a few things very vividly about that night, even to this day. I wasn't a believer at the time, but I remember wearing a NUCLEAR ASSAULT shirt that evening, not really thinking anything about it. Once inside I found a seat in the fold-up chairs that were laid out. But while waiting for them to play, a group of other teens were sitting behind me talking. One of them asked me if I liked any Christian bands. Remember, I wasn't a believer. I told them that I liked TROUBLE. Man, did I ever stir up a hornet's nest...lol It was as if I had robbed a bank or something. They were like, "TROUBLE ain't Christians!!" They were even slightly hostile in their rebuttals. Then they said (paraphrased) "You should listen to some DELIVERANCE!" I was like, "DELIVERANCE? You mean the band that did 'Devil's Meat?'" YIKES!! I shouldn't have said that...lol Hey, that's the only DELIVERANCE I had heard of at the time, ya know? They gave me an unfavorable look with a couple of snide remarks. They really made me feel uncomfortable that night. Let's just say that they weren't treating me with very much "Christian" love. Thankfully, I became a believer 7 years later despite that negative experience...lol

The show was great, though. BELIEVER didn't even have a stage to play on. They set up on a tarp that was laid across the floor. There were only about 20 people there that night! Shocked During the middle of their set, Kurt Bachman and Dave Baddorf played a dual-guitar rendition of a classical piece of music w/o drums or bass. After the show, I bought Extraction on CD from them, along with a t-shirt and button. Sadly, I threw the shirt away in '97 because I had outgrown it. I didn't realize that years later I would have gotten good money for it on Ebay. The band were super-nice guys, and they all signed a killer flyer for me which I still have today. The band's van had broken down that night, too, and everyone chipped in a donation to help the guys out. BELIEVER left me a great impression that night. I didn't realize at the time just how special it was to catch them in such a small capacity. Not that they ever got big outside Christian circles, but they were truly an amazing band in all aspects.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:13 am

That is a great story. I love to have seen them.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:13 am

Cool Story George.I wish I could have seen them back then.Hopefully they'll do some shows for their new album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:13 pm

If I ever get anything besides Dimensions I'll come back to this and let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
If I ever get anything besides Dimensions I'll come back to this and let you know.

Never mind it looks like either I accidently voted despite only owning one album or it just won't let me vote (like it did with the Kiss polls).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Believer Album   Favorite Believer Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Believer Album
Page 1 of 1