Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you propose to your woman ?

Go down 
+8
kmorg
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
manny
exact33
mc666
Metal Misfit
bassman
12 posters
AuthorMessage

How did you propose to your woman ? Empty
PostSubject: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:13 pm

I bet it wasn't like this :

Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Wow, that's harsh! I proposed to my wife at the end of May 2001, it was in the middle of a praise and worship set at a local youth group and I had the person doing the screen images put up " Marcie, will you marry me? " and I put my bass down and walked through a crowd of about 200 to 250 screaming youth and got down on my knee and popped the question. She said yes and I went back and finished my set.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Wow.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 pm

lol... i learned a long time ago, chicks are predictably unpredictable. if you always anticipate the worst, your chances of looking like an ass are reduced tenfold.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 pm

LOL!!! yeah - not so good...

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm

That was harsh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Wow!! Poor guy!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:32 pm

It's one thing to get turned down, but very early in that clip you could tell she knew what was about to happen and the look on her face is like she'd just been told she was about to be executed. She ran like the Nazis were invading.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 pm

I call it fake - it's too well prepared.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:37 pm

I thought it was a scene from a movie or some type of online comedy bit at first, looks very well shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Agreed 100%. The 2 camera shot reveals that it was planned.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:50 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Agreed 100%. The 2 camera shot reveals that it was planned.

It's probably what they consider "half-time entertainment" in the country of origin of the video lol

It seems they were inspired by a few recent proposal disasters at sporting events in US. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some advertisement stunt to promote the event or who knows what.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:49 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

It's probably what they consider "half-time entertainment" in the country of origin of the video lol
give me Janet Jackson's tit anyday.

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:32 am

Of course it could be staged but also all these professional matches over in Europe (like in the US) have multiple cameras on hand for all the sports related action, the soccer player didn't seem to enjoy it much either.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:47 am

There are loads of similar videos online.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah, I've seen stuff like that before. My heart bleeds for the bloke, it must be mortifying to be rejected in such a public capacity.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:48 am

I'm guessing it was a set-up as well.

Maybe they do things differently in Europe, but I know from working at multiple sports arenas that we'd never hand a person a live mic and let them talk without having a host or emcee standing near-by in case they starting cursing or doing something inappropriate. I also know from talking to other folks in the industry that they will indeed set-up things like this for entertainment purposes during halftimes and in between innings.

FYI, if you're thinking of proposing to your gal at a sporting event, the folks behind the scenes will goof on you and laugh at your proposal, even if she says yes.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 am

How did I propose to my woman? I took a page from the Book Of Manowar. I strode into the bedroom with a loin cloth on, waving a sword, and yelled:

"WOMAN! Be my slave. Chained unto my bed! WOMAN, be my slave begging to be fed!"

...how could she resist? She just swooned. So I owe my 11 years of mostly-happy wedded bliss to Eric Adams and Joey DeMaio. Thanks, guys.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
How did I propose to my woman? I took a page from the Book Of Manowar. I strode into the bedroom with a loin cloth on, waving a sword, and yelled:

"WOMAN! Be my slave. Chained unto my bed! WOMAN, be my slave begging to be fed!"

...how could she resist? She just swooned. So I owe my 11 years of mostly-happy wedded bliss to Eric Adams and Joey DeMaio. Thanks, guys.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard

...and if you believe that story, then I gots me a Brooklyn Bridge to sell ya. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:54 pm

The first one I rode to on a white horse, wearing a white tux with tail and top hat. It was her birthday and I got about 50 people together up in one of the burbs. She had no idea. There is alot more to that story, but I don't feel like being long-winded.

Second one was on top of Mount Hood in Oregon while picking wildflowers. I have that one on dvd [once again, she had no idea]. I ended up marrying that one 5 times [the last time we got hitched, I was dressed as a bunny and she as Carmen Miranda and we got married by Elvis. Yes, that is a true story. Some of you have seen that footage.].

Third one? unknown - or as Ken would say, "Meh".....?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you propose to your woman ?   How did you propose to your woman ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you propose to your woman ?
Page 1 of 1