Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am I The Only One...

Go down 
+7
bassman
ZetaReticuli
GrandNational
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Am I The Only One... Empty
PostSubject: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:23 pm

...who can't wait for the holidays to be over so we don't have to see the awful "I'm so Bohemian" commercials for Hyundai and/or the awful "Holiday" commercials for Honda?

In case you live in a cave...underwater...on another planet, this is what I'm talking about:

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 pm

I kinda like the commercial (I forget who it's for) that mashes up "Jingle Bells" with "Our House" by Madness. That one was clever.

But yeah, these oh-so-hipster car commercials suck. I'm with ya on that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I don't know. I was getting used to hearing that first commercial. It started to grow on me. I'm sure I'll be tired of seeing/hearing it though.

My favorite one right now, not related to christmas is this one the geico woodchucks. It's not that funny but when they throw the third piece of wood into the water and the woodchuck goes "oooh" it's funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHrOtk

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 pm

There are not sufficient words in the English language to describe how much I loathe those 2 commercials.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Pomplamoose?

That band name alone should tell you all you need to know.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:58 pm

BTW, I'm with ya on the Geico woodchuck commercial PRD.

It's my favorite now that they're phasing out the little pig one. I love that third toss right before they get busted...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:06 pm

I hate those commericals too Toho. They wouldnt be bad but they are played over and over again.

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Obviously you're not cool enough to even grasp what's going on in those commercials. There's some deep stuff there.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:19 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Obviously you're not cool enough to even grasp what's going on in those commercials. There's some deep stuff there.

they are deep alright - deep in doodoo....

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:45 pm

This is why I'm glad I got rid of my TV altogether.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:54 am

Man they show this all friggin day on tv.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:29 am

January 2nd is the greatest day of the year because all this holiday stuff is OVER for a while. I get so burnt on all of it that I become quite a grinch before it's all done with for another year. I try to keep up a good attitude for the kids but it's not easy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:08 am

bassman wrote:
January 2nd is the greatest day of the year because all this holiday stuff is OVER for a while. I get so burnt on all of it that I become quite a grinch before it's all done with for another year. I try to keep up a good attitude for the kids but it's not easy sometimes.

but unfortunately the NCAA doesnt know this cause the Bowls just keep coming and coming and coming...

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:30 pm

I generally don't watch tv til late night, so most of the commercials are for phone sex lines. Whores in Santa hats are actually kinda nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Merry Christmas DC, get help.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Pomplamoose?

I wanna punch that girl in her blank expression face. Her voice is annoying too. Have they been used for any other commercials? It sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, I'm with ya on the Geico woodchuck commercial PRD.

It's my favorite now that they're phasing out the little pig one. I love that third toss right before they get busted...

that pig one was great too. weeeeeeeeeee we we weeeeeee

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Pomplamoose?

I wanna punch that girl in her blank expression face. Her voice is annoying too. Have they been used for any other commercials? It sounds familiar.

Yeah, they were in a Toyota commercial last year. This year there's the one I posted and a Jingle Bells one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Ahhhh....

I had the TV on all day today and didn't see either one of these horrible commercials once.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:29 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Merry Christmas DC, get help.

What fun would that be?
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:46 am

exact33 wrote:
bassman wrote:

but unfortunately the NCAA doesnt know this cause the Bowls just keep coming and coming and coming...

Don't get me started on the stupid BCS, it is totally ridiculous that 6-6 teams get a bowl game. We need a playoff system so bad it's not even funny. The top 2 teams in each conference need to face off and then go through a quarterfinal, semifinal, and then one and only one national championship game.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:57 am

bassman wrote:
exact33 wrote:
bassman wrote:

Don't get me started on the stupid BCS, it is totally ridiculous that 6-6 teams get a bowl game. We need a playoff system so bad it's not even funny. The top 2 teams in each conference need to face off and then go through a quarterfinal, semifinal, and then one and only one national championship game.

that would be the only way i would be interested in college if it has a playoff. right now its a terrible system...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:07 am

I like the guy and girl singing Christmas songs in the Hyundai commercials...she actually has a very good singing voice...but I can totally understand being sick of it by now...

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:13 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I like the guy and girl singing Christmas songs in the Hyundai commercials...she actually has a very good singing voice...but I can totally understand being sick of it by now...

i would probably agree but NBC played the commercial almost every single commercial break during the last Sunday Night Football game. Commercials lose their charm if they are over-played...

DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 pm

I finally saw these today due to the snow. I hate hipsters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I The Only One...   Am I The Only One... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I The Only One...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: