Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rikk The Beast
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!!   Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:56 am

WRECKAGE METAL RADIO is a new show that brings you the BEST in Heavy Psych Rock, Hard Rock, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, & Stoner Rock/ Doom Metal. OLD & NEW!!!

Since, it it impossible to narrow down some of the GREATEST Heavy Rock & Metal tunes down in 2 Hours. I'm expanding it to a 4 Hr. Exclusive show!!!!!!! 6pm-10pm MST. Tune in & Get your Bang on! \m/

Please support this NEW Metal Internet Radio Show!!!!! LINK BELOW:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wreckage-metal-radio
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!!   Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:08 am

You will probably not return to read this but I will say it any way.

Why on earth would you bother with a radio station or show that plays tunes these days?

I mean seriously, you live in the internet era, you know what's going on around you - why then bother with such an antiquated concept?

Here's the low down: any one of us can get on a site like pandora and program exactly the genre of metal and the band we want to listen to. Then of course there is youtube which allows you to pretty much find anything you want to sample without having to wait and hope that maybe something you'll like will pop up in your playlist.

I am not against radio stations or shows devoted to metal but the concept of tuning into a station to listen to my favorite songs is so dated - it's so pre-internet era.

If your target audience is metalheads, then I can't fathom many tuning into a radio station just to hear a bunch of their favorite songs or hope to find something new to listen to. Reality is, metalheads are collectors and will already have most of everything you're playing - and if they don't have something then it's likely they don't listen to that band.

As for finding out new bands, again Pandora-like services are great for that and sites like blabbermouth, no life til metal, forums etc provide sufficient information for anyone interested in either discovering new bands or keeping up to date with their current favorites.

There is very little point in putting the effort of a radio show dedicated to metal nowadays. I would encourage you to think of a different format - run features on bands and have a talk show - invite musicians and music journalists and talk about a band's albums, history etc.
Give us something interesting to cling onto rather than just throwing together a bunch of songs you want us to listen to.

Like it or not - welcome to the 21s century.

Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!!   Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:17 am

Have you ever taken a look at shoutcast.com? Seems a lot of people still listen to internet radio programmed by other people.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!!   Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:55 am

Daaaaaaamn Alex -- usin' a hammer on the spammer!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!!   Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tune into my NEW WRECKAGE METAL RADIO Sunday Night 6pm-10pm MST HEAVY STUFF!!!!!
Page 1 of 1